• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Found out how strong the splash guards really are!!

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
So, did my first oil change this past weekend..
First time I pulled it up on the ramps with Downpipe, Frontpipe and Hondata base 93 tune.
I was a little too gentle on the gas on didn't quite roll it up on the ramps, so I swear I only gave it like 1% more gas and BOOM!..
Spun the right ramp up under the car and right side came crashing down. After some loud explicatives I got out and walked around to see the damage.
To my suprise the splash guard was HOLDING up the car. Even though right tire was grounded spring was fully seated.. Left side still teetering on ramp..
Tough lil splash guard..
1714446625844-kf.png
1714446660895-0t.png
1714446720134-3m.png
1714447012043-oc.png

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
That sucks and thanks for posting it could happen to any one using drive up ramps....

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That's the thing that always bothered me about those ramps. That and the fact they always tended to slide away as you try to drive up on them. Yikes!

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
This is some top tier science – thank you for sharing. I'm glad your car is okay!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Oh man. I can only imagine how you felt after that happened. Luckily no damage which is amazing. If suggest investing in some race ramps or the quickjack.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Was the wood there to lessen the angle of the ramps? I'm guessing the wood slipped first causing wheel spin which then sucked the ramp under.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Cut ya some of these heavy ass bad boys! 😆 No seriously though, they don't budge and I love 'em. Except they're heavy. I reverse stack them so they don't take up much space and used the leftover to build pedestals for the rear if I ever need them.

1714530619832-em.jpg

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Was the wood there to lessen the angle of the ramps? I'm guessing the wood slipped first causing wheel spin which then sucked the ramp under.
yeah without the wood the front bumper would hit the ramps.

Cut ya some of these heavy ass bad boys! 😆 No seriously though, they don't budge and I love 'em. Except they're heavy. I reverse stack them so they don't take up much space and used the leftover to build pedestals for the rear if I ever need them.
I was originally gonna build the ramps like you have but got the Pittsburgh ramps at a harbor freight lot sale for next to nothing. (get what you pay for huh. LOL)
guess I will be building some heavy ass bad boys too LOL...

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
yeah without the wood the front bumper would hit the ramps.

I was originally gonna build the ramps like you have but got the Pittsburgh ramps at a harbor freight lot sale for next to nothing. (get what you pay for huh. LOL)
guess I will be building some heavy ass bad boys too LOL...
LOL I've also come to find it's best to use either tape or marker to outline both ends so you don't have to line them up and get in and out of the car over and over again to make sure they're straight and all that. One of those common sense things I overlooked at first. I had an adjustable painters stick that I marked the width of but it was still off at times. After taking tape and then a sharpie to the garage floor while the car was on the ramps, it's perfect every time now. 😄