• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FL5 ADS Module Swap

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yessir, 18x10.5 et47.
Somehow I missed that... gotta dig through your posts. Haven't settled on wheels yet. I'd love to go wider (than stock). Was thinking 10, but if 10.5" is viable, maybe I should consider.

Edit: tire size is 285, too, huh? Are those 30 or 35? And no rubbing? You haven't lowered yet, either, right?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Somehow I missed that... gotta dig through your posts. Haven't settled on wheels yet. I'd love to go wider (than stock). Was thinking 10, but if 10.5" is viable, maybe I should consider.

Edit: tire size is 285, too, huh? Are those 30 or 35? And no rubbing? You haven't lowered yet, either, right?
I need to actually put a build thread together and put the videos on YouTube but just havenā€™t had time to put it all together.

They are 275/35 with no rubbing but not lowered yet. Eibach drops front 1ā€ & rear .8ā€ so that will be interesting to see if I go that route.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I need to actually put a build thread together and put the videos on YouTube but just havenā€™t had time to put it all together.

They are 275/35 with no rubbing but not lowered yet. Eibach drops front 1ā€ & rear .8ā€ so that will be interesting to see if I go that route.
Yeah, will be interested for sure. I've kinda kept an eye on your build details but missed that wheel width.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yeah, will be interested for sure. I've kinda kept an eye on your build details but missed that wheel width.
Basically what Apex said on the FL5 at this size, is that negative camber is suggested but not required. Any wider of a tire option & negative camber is required. So I figure Iā€™ll go mild at first & add the other parts to compare to the negative camber components eventually.

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Did you happen to have a rear sway bar upgrade or any other components in the FL5? Just curious bc Iā€™ve been thinking about this regarding my build as well & trying to achieve the same FL5 feel as far as being planted more solidly. I might put so Eibach Pro springs in there & I have the RV6 rear sway bar & rigid collars (not installed yet) & hoping this should help a lot with some summer tires slapped on the 10.5ā€ Apex wheels. Maybe the rest of the RV6 rear camber products after that if needed. Iā€™d love a set of Ohlinā€™s as well, but want to retain the 3 factory suspension settings to keep an individual mode for family trips. šŸ˜„
My one was stock except for front camber ball joints, and a tune. Bench racing here, I believe the more planted feeling is due to more aero and the CTR wing does indeed add downforce

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
My one was stock except for front camber ball joints, and a tune. Bench racing here, I believe the more planted feeling is due to more aero and the CTR wing does indeed add downforce
giphy (2).gif

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
It's quite entirely possible for sure.

At least confidence wise, my FL5 did seem to be way more planted and confident on track than the one time I took the DE5 and the rear end behaved like a typical FWD with a light rear.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's quite entirely possible for sure.

At least confidence wise, my FL5 did seem to be way more planted and confident on track than the one time I took the DE5 and the rear end behaved like a typical FWD with a light rear.
The mind can be very powerful, so I won't argue against what you're experiencing. But the fact remains that there is absolutely zero documented differences in the hardware between the two chassis. The software tuning for the FL5 has been proven time and again to be vastly overdamped in its firmest setting (or any setting, really), so unless you're driving 10/10ths on the smoothest circuit on the planet, I can't reconcile this whole "more planted" thing.

Most likely what you're experiencing is the seats. I can definitely get with the idea that being "more planted" in the FL5 seats would be more confidence-inspiring. But not the damper tuning. After watching Zygrene's video where he's bouncing all over the place in the canyons (also literally any other video with a driver view during aggressive driving), I would be pissed and trying desperately to get rid of that shit immediately after buying the car. I dealt with an insanely overdamped setting with my B9.5 RS5, to me it makes zero sense why manufacturers think it's appropriate to crank dampers up to 11 like that...

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
The mind can be very powerful, so I won't argue against what you're experiencing. But the fact remains that there is absolutely zero documented differences in the hardware between the two chassis. The software tuning for the FL5 has been proven time and again to be vastly overdamped in its firmest setting (or any setting, really), so unless you're driving 10/10ths on the smoothest circuit on the planet, I can't reconcile this whole "more planted" thing.

Most likely what you're experiencing is the seats. I can definitely get with the idea that being "more planted" in the FL5 seats would be more confidence-inspiring. But not the damper tuning. After watching Zygrene's video where he's bouncing all over the place in the canyons (also literally any other video with a driver view during aggressive driving), I would be pissed and trying desperately to get rid of that shit immediately after buying the car. I dealt with an insanely overdamped setting with my B9.5 RS5, to me it makes zero sense why manufacturers think it's appropriate to crank dampers up to 11 like that...
In the FL5, definitely set fastest times in the softest setting

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5

I was thinking about this, and Drift King drove the FL5 and felt there was a downforce difference even between the OEM FL5 and the carbon spoiler, so there's definitely some downforce aero advantage for the FL5.

Does it effect track times (fl5 vs de5) at the end of the day, no one really has done side by side yet on an official track...

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Doesn't the wing add 60lbs of down force or something like that? Maybe we can add a bag of dog food in the trunk to make up for it.

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Wing alone is about 130 lbs of additional downforce at 200 kmh, as with things aero, it's all exponential based on speed, so 60 pounds is correct at a lower speed

1706204499632.jpeg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sure, downforce could be a factor... Honda did appear to put a lot of engineering effort into it and they do clearly market the Type R as a "racetrack-oriented" and the Type S as "street-oriented", so if that's what you want to hang your hat on I'll concede there's some tangible evidence there... but it's also not like the DE5 doesn't have any at all, and at what speed would this be actually noticeable behind the wheel?

Downforce, to me, is nearly irrelevant in a road car. If that's where this conversation is going then have fun- I'll trade the nearly imperceptible "more planted" feeling for the lack of a goofy wing any day. Still doesn't result in faster lap times but if people want to insist they "feel" a difference then who am I to disagree?