• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FL5 ADS Module Swap

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
the entire suspension hardware is EXACTLY the same between the FL5 and DE5 except the rear springs.
Yeah I know, I meant this as a response to the DSC controller that was linked which does continuous suspension damping changes

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
It would be nice to build a controller that would let you swap or use the full range of both modules with the tap of a button in the car.
So, you can use the softer comfort of the integra or the stiffest R+ setting in the DE5 on the track.

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Aren't they all. Though in his defense I have heard others say the FL5 is flatter in the curves. So this is one way of matching that feel. I would be down to swapping in an FL5 module. I'm only in comfort mode when passengers the rest of the time I'm in Sport+
I think some of that may be down to simple downforce and the FL5 wing. I did have different rubber between the FL5 and DE5, so not an exact comparison, but the FL5 rear was planted vs the DE5 that had a lot more movement. I'll learn more soon as I head to VIR in the DE5 in a couple months.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Love VIR. Planning for May this year. I typically go to Track Daze events and they don't have a march event this year unfortunately. What event organizer do you go with?

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
the entire suspension hardware is EXACTLY the same between the FL5 and DE5 except the rear springs.
Wait, going back to this, are spring rates different on the rear springs? I haven't been able to find stock spring rates for both cars so that's why I ask.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Wait, going back to this, are spring rates different on the rear springs? I haven't been able to find stock spring rates for both cars so that's why I ask.
Yeah different part numbers for the rear springs. I believe it's softer in the DE5

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I think some of that may be down to simple downforce and the FL5 wing. I did have different rubber between the FL5 and DE5, so not an exact comparison, but the FL5 rear was planted vs the DE5 that had a lot more movement. I'll learn more soon as I head to VIR in the DE5 in a couple months.
Did you happen to have a rear sway bar upgrade or any other components in the FL5? Just curious bc I’ve been thinking about this regarding my build as well & trying to achieve the same FL5 feel as far as being planted more solidly. I might put so Eibach Pro springs in there & I have the RV6 rear sway bar & rigid collars (not installed yet) & hoping this should help a lot with some summer tires slapped on the 10.5” Apex wheels. Maybe the rest of the RV6 rear camber products after that if needed. I’d love a set of Ohlin’s as well, but want to retain the 3 factory suspension settings to keep an individual mode for family trips. 😄

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did you happen to have a rear sway bar upgrade or any other components in the FL5? Just curious bc I’ve been thinking about this regarding my build as well & trying to achieve the same FL5 feel as far as being planted more solidly. I might put so Eibach Pro springs in there & I have the RV6 rear sway bar & rigid collars (not installed yet) & hoping this should help a lot with some summer tires slapped on the 10.5” Apex wheels. Maybe the rest of the RV6 rear camber products after that if needed. I’d love a set of Ohlin’s as well, but want to retain the 3 factory suspension settings to keep an individual mode for family trips. 😄
I have the same items to install. Id love a set of NSX wheels but they are 11" wide.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have the same items to install. Id love a set of NSX wheels but they are 11" wide.
Our builds are so similar so far. The Twin Carbon Dynamic lol just wasn’t on that HVI. 😑 I was eyeing those same wheels, they look so good. I think they’re also 20” only, but could be wrong. Would look amazing in a smaller setup for our cars!

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Our builds are so similar so far. The Twin Carbon Dynamic lol just wasn’t on that HVI. 😑 I was eyeing those same wheels, they look so good. I think they’re also 20” only, but could be wrong. Would look amazing in a smaller setup for our cars!
Yeah 20s.. fill that gap some more.😉
The Eventuri intake looks good. Torn on what to do.. eventually MHI turbo and fuel upgrades.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yeah 20s.. fill that gap some more.😉
The Eventuri intake looks good. Torn on what to do.. eventually MHI turbo and fuel upgrades.
Yeah same here. I was set on MHI but leaning Kuro now. If I do fuel I’ll just do the cheaper Hondata option & maybe try to run ethanol or meth, but at least the turbo first. Eventuri, Blitz, & GruppeM looks incredible!! It’s too high of a price for me to justify right now. Maybe I’ll change my mind the more I go to car shows lol but it’s getting into turbo pricing territory which I think I’ll go for first. I think eventually I’ll go with a fancy intake just for looks.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yeah same here. I was set on MHI but leaning Kuro now. If I do fuel I’ll just do the cheaper Hondata option & maybe try to run ethanol or meth, but at least the turbo first. Eventuri, Blitz, & GruppeM looks incredible!! It’s too high of a price for me to justify right now. Maybe I’ll change my mind the more I go to car shows lol but it’s getting into turbo pricing territory which I think I’ll go for first. I think eventually I’ll go with a fancy intake just for looks.
I haven't seen too many Kuro builds.. time for research.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I haven't seen too many Kuro builds.. time for research.
Corey Poole is running one on his now, coming from the RV6. Humza at Unity told me he has about 20k miles on the Kuro so far on the FK8, I believe. I think the Kuro offers lower rpm power & RV6 gives more power up top.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
You are running 10.5"!?

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango