• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Finally installed my carbon Spoiler (Dealer wanted 1300 Lol)

gregbutler_20

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Acura Integra, 22 ILX (sold).
Ordered the carbon spoiler, the sideskirts, and the rear diffuser through the dealer to be installed. After a week only 2 of the 3 arrived. I was told that the spoiler was backordered. I looked at it as a sign that I shouldn't pay their insane part/labor charge. Ordered the spoiler from myacuraparts.com and had it overnighted. Studied the instructions and the ahc garage install videos for several days. FYI for the 2024 models. The instructions say that you need a 10mm socket, but it was actually an 8mm deep socket that was needed. Also, thanks to forum member koatic who pointed me in the right direction for the drill bit. The whole job took about an hour, mostly because I was double and triple checking.
IMG_6429.jpeg
IMG_6433.jpeg
IMG_6430.jpeg
IMG_6432.jpeg

glhs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Did mine yesterday as well, very easy and definitely not worth paying the dealer that kind of money. It takes only 2 screws and a trim pry tool to take apart everything except the spoiler itself. The spoiler itself is fastened with two small nuts, both of which I dropped into the tail gate but was able to easily retrieve out the by removing the grommets at the top end. I bought fishing line specifically to help cut the adhesive, really its only taped heavily on the first couple inches, was easy to get through with the fishing line, I imagine floss might have worked too.

The CF spoiler goes out without the nuts, just with the pre-attached double sided tape and some zip ties which are integral to the spoiler, this probably means it can't be removed and reinstalled again, also for me the zip ties didnt pull as tight as I would have liked but it looks nice. My car is blue, the spoiler goes nice with the gray wheels, I imagine on a gray car like yours it also looks really nice.

Anyone considering doing this, as long as you can get past putting a drill to your new car this is very doable by a DIYer.

OP
OP

gregbutler_20

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did mine yesterday as well, very easy and definitely not worth paying the dealer that kind of money. It takes only 2 screws and a trim pry tool to take apart everything except the spoiler itself. The spoiler itself is fastened with two small nuts, both of which I dropped into the tail gate but was able to easily retrieve out the by removing the grommets at the top end. I bought fishing line specifically to help cut the adhesive, really its only taped heavily on the first couple inches, was easy to get through with the fishing line, I imagine floss might have worked too.

The CF spoiler goes out without the nuts, just with the pre-attached double sided tape and some zip ties which are integral to the spoiler, this probably means it can't be removed and reinstalled again, also for me the zip ties didnt pull as tight as I would have liked but it looks nice. My car is blue, the spoiler goes nice with the gray wheels, I imagine on a gray car like yours it also looks really nice.

Anyone considering doing this, as long as you can get past putting a drill to your new car this is very doable by a DIYer.
Same here with the ties. I think the opening of the holes leaves a rough surface on the inside of trunk, but It can be hard to reach with a file, but if you have a long flat one, it should smooth out.Another cool thing is that there is a "channel in the middle of the tape that should allow water to drain out instead sitting at the spoiler when it rolls down the back. Tape should hold over the long haul, though. I've never lost the tape on any spoiler I've installed.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
What's everyone's thought on durability? I have heard the clear coat fails in a year or so. AHC Garage sanded and put new clear on there's before installing it.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
With the dealer install you are paying for it to be included in your warranty FWIW. If you have a bad seal that starts rusting from your own install you'll have to shell out.

By no means am I justifying dealer labor rates nor dealer pricing in general. Just want to throw the facts out.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
Did your ASpec come with a smaller lip on the trunk? How is it attached?

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Yeah hardest part was getting over the fear of drilling into a new car!
Looks good on the LCM. 👍
As far-as wear I still have to do the ceramic coating which I will get the spoiler. Hope that helps.

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Ordered the spoiler from myacuraparts.com and had it overnighted. ...... The whole job took about an hour, mostly because I was double and triple checking.
Interesting. I just checked myacuraparts.com but didn't see any Type S accessories, or the CF spoiler. Only saw A-Spec accessories. Probably looking in the wrong place. How much did it cost?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Did your ASpec come with a smaller lip on the trunk? How is it attached?
Interesting. I just checked myacuraparts.com but didn't see any Type S accessories, or the CF spoiler. Only saw A-Spec accessories. Probably looking in the wrong place. How much did it cost?
The spoiler is the same from A-Spec through Type-S, so if you find the carbon fiber spoiler posted through an Acura retailer online, it'll fit on any of those models, but it does recommend drilling extra holes. It's the same size, but has 3 points to it rather than the 1 point of the stock spoiler--it looks a little more aggressive, but it's nothing extreme.

For anyone who wants the same look of the carbon fiber spoiler without the carbon fiber (or the associated premium), ArtworkBodyshop sells a gloss black version that matches the OEM carbon fiber spoiler and it's relatively cheap. No drilling required.

OP
OP

gregbutler_20

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
750. I usually just paste the item code in the search to find items. Apparently, this site actually belongs to Mike Hale Acura in Utah. I called there to confirm they had it before ordering.