• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Eventuri vs Gruppe M intakes

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
International shipping and import taxes are typically already paid by a US based company when you buy from them but can end up being your responsibility if buy directly from Japan (or another country)
Yes, this is a fair callout and you may want to confirm; however, that has not been my experience. I have purchased high(er) dollar items directly from Japan and did not bear the expense of import taxes. Like most things, YMMV.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Car(s)
23 FL5 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Yes, this is a fair callout and you may want to confirm; however, that has not been my experience. I have purchased high(er) dollar items directly from Japan and did not bear the expense of import taxes. Like most things, YMMV.
YMMV is very true. The inconsistencies definitely add to the complication and confusion.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I still can't validate that anyone has attempted to install either of these intakes on a DE5. I see a couple sources point to the Eventuri as being fully compatible, but nothing on the Gruppe M/Blitz... which makes sense because it's a JDM part and this car isn't available in Japan.

I'm fine with doing a bit of fab work; e.g., drill a hole to realign here and there but if I have to abandon a substantial part of the kit that directs air from the bumper then I'll probably pass.

TBH I'm having second thoughts on the shade of red for the intake too. Matches the FL5 just fine, but 3 different shades of red between the valve cover plastic, the intake, and the car itself... might be a bit too much.

As of this moment I'm too lazy to engage in this, so I'll probably put this project on hold for a bit until I can get a better sense of this. Also saw somewhere that the Gruppe M could trigger CELs, I don't want none of that smoke. I like the car the way it is too much.

Maybe I'll get some Cup2s instead.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I still can't validate that anyone has attempted to install either of these intakes on a DE5. I see a couple sources point to the Eventuri as being fully compatible, but nothing on the Gruppe M/Blitz... which makes sense because it's a JDM part and this car isn't available in Japan.

I'm fine with doing a bit of fab work; e.g., drill a hole to realign here and there but if I have to abandon a substantial part of the kit that directs air from the bumper then I'll probably pass.

TBH I'm having second thoughts on the shade of red for the intake too. Matches the FL5 just fine, but 3 different shades of red between the valve cover plastic, the intake, and the car itself... might be a bit too much.

As of this moment I'm too lazy to engage in this, so I'll probably put this project on hold for a bit until I can get a better sense of this. Also saw somewhere that the Gruppe M could trigger CELs, I don't want none of that smoke. I like the car the way it is too much.

There's always PRL. Seems to be the most OEM+ option.

For something with such negligible performance gains, I think the mod should at least add some aesthetics for the money which the PRL does not.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I turned away from Blitz immediately because of the inside color and the Eventuri you are paying (A LOT) for looks not performance.
I just installed the PRL HVI that I ordered from TSP yesterday.
Man this thing sounds SPICY!!!! (you ever eaten something really spicy and suck air in your mouth to cool it) Yeah like that!
will Dyno it and post results like the other parts soon..
Also have an upgrade for the PRL HVI up my sleeve that will be coming soon.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I turned away from Blitz immediately because of the inside color and the Eventuri you are paying (A LOT) for looks not performance.
I just installed the PRL HVI that I ordered from TSP yesterday.
Man this thing sounds SPICY!!!! (you ever eaten something really spicy and suck air in your mouth to cool it) Yeah like that!
will Dyno it and post results like the other parts soon..
Also have an upgrade for the PRL HVI up my sleeve that will be coming soon.
Not to derail... but I really appreciate your piece by piece dyno updates!

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah hey guys listen- I am most definitely locked into these intakes for aesthetic purposes. Which is stupid, I know. Judge me all you want, it is what it is.

I'm also pretty much locked into the Volk G025, probably in Dark Amber/Clear.

it-is-what-it-is-ryan-howard-w8m4vj7u83oduqnw.gif

chuuey

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra, '02 GT2, '01 Land Cruiser, '98 M3

Eventuri is 100% compatible- I spoke with Bilal directly and he verified on a DE5. I had the same fitment question. I have had the carbon inlet tube in my garage for 2-3 weeks now and have been waiting on the intake since the beginning of March. I am told 7-8 business days and I should have it. Will report back once installed.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I’ve seen the Enenturi on a DE5 if that helps.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Ran with the stock air filter for ~100 miles then ran the Sprint filter for ~3.8k miles until installed the Eventuri intake and inlet pipe yesterday. Yes I know the PRL HVI would of been the better bang for your buck but just like the look of the carbon fiber 😅

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg
Yup, eventuri on DE5 above, I think Optronix is more concerned with the fitment of the GruppeM/Blitz since there hasnt been any DE5 confirmation on the fender side intake mounting point and front grill scoop.

OP
OP
optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup, eventuri on DE5 above, I think Optronix is more concerned with the fitment of the GruppeM/Blitz since there hasnt been any DE5 confirmation on the fender side intake mounting point and front grill scoop.
^this. But knowing the Eventuri is a validated option is good.

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S and some others.
Doing it for aesthetic purposes is just as good a reason as any. Being clear on why you are doing it helps make the choice easier. Of course, making the choice can be part of the fun too.

Deep down, you probably know which one you want more. ;)

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
My vote is the Eventuri looks nicer. Sleeker. Blends in and compliments the engine bay and car itself better.