• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DIY Power Folding Mirrors: a journey

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
What's interesting is that I asked them toward the end of January about adding a Model F for the ITS, though I had a slightly different idea regarding what it would include vs. what Model F ended up including. I pointed them to this and another discussion in this forum regarding their kits for reference, glad I reached out to them...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The explanation on their page says there's less wiring harness. F is for cars that already have BSI and heating, where C includes additional harness to support this.
Ah. I forgot it came with an extra few wires.

anteselena

First Name
Selena
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
What's interesting is that I asked them toward the end of January about adding a Model F for the ITS, though I had a slightly different idea regarding what it would include vs. what Model F ended up including. I pointed them to this and another discussion in this forum regarding their kits for reference, glad I reached out to them...
Seems like the F kit is a cleaner solution for those of us with ITS/FL5 who don't need all the extra wiring. Props for helping push the aftermarket support in a useful direction!

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Has anyone done the Model F install?

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'll be tackling installing the Model F kit in the near future. I think this post has most, if not all, of the information needed for the install, but keep in mind it was done using the Model C kit as the Model F kit wasn't available at that time.

https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/auto-folding-mirrors-installed.51336/post-838231
I bought the F Kit, and I am waiting for the package to arrive. It’ll probably be after yours. If you run into any major issues or confusing parts and can give me advice I’d be stoked.

I read somewhere that you may need to depin the connector to change out the base to the Integra base to match the stock color instead of the black plastic that comes with the F kit, but I couldn’t find very detailed information on that.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I bought the F Kit, and I am waiting for the package to arrive. It’ll probably be after yours. If you run into any major issues or confusing parts and can give me advice I’d be stoked.

I read somewhere that you may need to depin the connector to change out the base to the Integra base to match the stock color instead of the black plastic that comes with the F kit, but I couldn’t find very detailed information on that.
You shouldn't need to de-pin anything to change out the base. You just carefully take off the black plastic cover with a plastic trim removal tool and transfer your color-matched one over. Be careful not to break any clips or scratch the paint. You only need to de-pin if you are opening up the mirror assembly and swapping the motors themselves. The wiring harness goes through a hole in the motor/mount which is too small for the connector to fit through without de-pinning.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As @akoza mentions, you don't have to swap the bases, just the painted plastic for the black plastic. That said, I removed the black plastic this morning just to see how it's done. Here are the steps:
  1. Carefully remove the black plastic with the two ridges on it.
  2. Pull the rubber gasket away from the base/mount.
  3. Remove the three screws.
  4. Pull the harness out from the channel through which it runs on the base/mount.
  5. Separate the base/mount from the other black plastic trim piece and set it aside.
  6. Pull the harness through the hole in the black plastic.
Then reverse the procedures to install the painted trim pieces. If you wanted to swap the bases, you could, but I don't believe it's necessary.

If you prefer to maintain the stock view as well as the "objects in mirror may be closer than they appear" you'll want to swap the mirror glass out. They just pop off, but be careful not to damage the wires which are connected to the back.

Last edited:

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As @akoza mentions, you don't have to swap the bases, just the painted plastic for the black plastic. That said, I removed the black plastic this morning just to see how it's done. Here are the steps:
  1. Carefully remove the black plastic with the two ridges on it.
  2. Pull the rubber gasket away from the base/mount.
  3. Remove the three screws.
  4. Pull the harness out from the channel through which it runs on the base/mount.
  5. Separate the base/mount from the other black plastic trim piece and set it aside.
  6. Pull the harness through the hole in the black plastic base.
Then reverse the procedures to install the painted trim pieces. If you wanted to swap the bases, you could, but I don't believe it's necessary.

If you prefer to maintain the stock view as well as the "objects in mirror may be closer than they appear" you'll want to swap the mirror glass out. They just pop off, but be careful not to damage the wires which are connected to the back.
thank you for doing this and reporting back. Did you take any pictures in the process?

Also, how do you feel about the upgraded mirrors image? Wider view? The blind spot in the stock mirrors is pretty large so the BSI has been pretty helpful.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven't installed them yet so I can't say for sure how the image is comparatively speaking. I didn't take any pictures, but let me know if there's something in particular you'd like to see. For now it would be pretty easy to get a picture of just about anything related to the black plastic removal.

CatBus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven't installed them yet so I can't say for sure how the image is comparatively speaking. I didn't take any pictures, but let me know if there's something in particular you'd like to see. For now it would be pretty easy to get a picture of just about anything related to the black plastic removal.
If you have time, if not no worries. But, I would be grateful to see the part you mention about pulling off the rubber gasket and removing the screws. That is the part I am really having trouble understanding without the kit in front of me. Not sure when it will arrive

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here are a couple pictures of the rubber gasket.
20240418_090041~2.jpg
20240418_090054~2.jpg