• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer Installed Remote Starter

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
Hi,
I have a 2023 Integra A-Spec. The car didn't come with a factory installed remote starter so I had the dealership install one.

For those of you that have a dealer installed remote starter, can you set your seat heater, heater and defrosters the night before and when you start your car in the morning using the key fob all of those functions come on?

My car is starting remotely just fine but these other functions are not coming on.

I'd like to get some insight and experiences before I reach out to the service dept next week.

Thanks!

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Those functions probably reset when you turn off the car. So you need to press buttons again when you start it up.

OP
OP

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
Those functions probably reset when you turn off the car. So you need to press buttons again when you start it up.
I press the buttons every evening before I exit the car.
Yes I press those buttons every evening before I exit the car.

I’m trying to find out if others who have a dealer installed remote can set their heated seats and defrosters and they
come on when they remote start the car.

My Acura service mgr told me today it’s not a feature on the Integra. I don’t believe what the Service mgr told me is correct.

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
From the Acura Integra owner manual.

" 1Remote Engine Start* While the engine is running, the vehicle will automatically precondition inside the vehicle. When it is warm outside: • The climate control system is activated in recirculation mode. When it is cold outside: • The defroster is activated at a moderately warm temperature. • The rear defogger, heated door mirrors, front seat heaters are activated. 2 Rear Defogger/Heated Door Mirror Button P. 185 2 Front Seat Heaters P. 21 '

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
From the Acura Integra owner manual.

" 1Remote Engine Start* While the engine is running, the vehicle will automatically precondition inside the vehicle. When it is warm outside: • The climate control system is activated in recirculation mode. When it is cold outside: • The defroster is activated at a moderately warm temperature. • The rear defogger, heated door mirrors, front seat heaters are activated. 2 Rear Defogger/Heated Door Mirror Button P. 185 2 Front Seat Heaters P. 21 '
That is the A-spec with Tech CVT with factory remote start, not aftermarket dealer installed remote start

did they install an OEM remote starter or aftermarket?

Last edited:
OP
OP

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
That is the A-spec with Tech CVT with factory remote start, not aftermarket dealer installed remote start

They installed the remote starter at the Acura dealership so I assuming they used OEM

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
They installed the remote starter at the Acura dealership so I assuming they used OEM
From what I know, at least in Canada, you're very lucky if your dealer installs the OE remote starter. They most of the time go with the cheapest thing available on the market...but still charges you premium price. Unless you really make sure they install the OE thing.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Do you have 2 key fobs (meaning one for the vehicle and one for the remote starter)? Or it’s it a single Acura key with the remote starter built into the key fob like the image:
IMG_0347.jpeg

OP
OP

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
Do you have 2 key fobs (meaning one for the vehicle and one for the remote starter)? Or it’s it a single Acura key with the remote starter built into the key fob like the image:
IMG_0347.jpeg
I have a single key fob that matches this image.

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec

[/QU

They installed the OEM remote starter on my Aspec non-Tech CVT Integra

OP
OP

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
They installed the OEM remote starter on my Aspec non-Tech CVT Integra
Are you able to set your seat heaters and defrosters and they come on when you remote start your car using your key fob?

Last edited:

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Are you able to set your seat heaters and defrosters and they come on when you remote start your car using your key fob?
Exactly this question. We have an A Spec Tech with the factory remote start. I know the manual says it preconditions, but I have not found that to be the case. I also find that once ready to drive, the car shuts off and must be restarted. Anyone using this with better results?

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
I idon't think so. I think the heat or AC is set based on the environmental conditions

OP
OP

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
I idon't think so. I think the heat or AC is set based on the environmental conditions
Since you have the OEM starter and so do I, could you please do me a favor and run a test.
Set your seat heaters and defrosters to on before you turn off the car. Using your key fob, start the car remotely. When you get in the car please take notice if the seat heaters and defrosters came on. If you don’t mind let me know what you found. Thanks!