• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer Installed Remote Starter

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
Since you have the OEM starter and so do I, could you please do me a favor and run a test.
Set your seat heaters and defrosters to on before you turn off the car. Using your key fob, start the car remotely. When you get in the car please take notice if the seat heaters and defrosters came on. If you don’t mind let me know what you found. Thanks!
will do

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
Exactly this question. We have an A Spec Tech with the factory remote start. I know the manual says it preconditions, but I have not found that to be the case. I also find that once ready to drive, the car shuts off and must be restarted. Anyone using this with better results?
At least on my CVT version: when my car was started with remote start and I enter vehicle, I press brake and start button. If I press start button without depressing brake, car will shut off.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
At least on my CVT version: when my car was started with remote start and I enter vehicle, I press brake and start button. If I press start button without depressing brake, car will shut off.
Thanks for this tip, will try pressing the brake also.

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Today in the evening the temp outside was 4 degrees Celsius/39F. I started the car via remote start and in about 1 minute or so entered the car. I didn't see any climate control or any defrost light that would normally indicate that anything was actually on, but I believe heater was on at a slow speed as I felt some warn flow coming out. I don't think it was that cold for the heated seats to be on, although if there was no light to indicate...anything is possible. I can test that in the future.

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
Today in the evening the temp outside was 4 degrees Celsius/39F. I started the car via remote start and in about 1 minute or so entered the car. I didn't see any climate control or any defrost light that would normally indicate that anything was actually on, but I believe heater was on at a slow speed as I felt some warn flow coming out. I don't think it was that cold for the heated seats to be on, although if there was no light to indicate...anything is possible. I can test that in the future.
Yes that what I found this morning. The heater was on., but the seats were not warm. It was 47 F outside

OP
OP

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
Yes that what I found this morning. The heater was on., but the seats were not warm. It was 47 F outside
Thank you, this is helpful with trying to figure out my situation.

Did you have your seat heaters and defrosters preset to On when you turned off the car?

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec

Did you have your seat heaters and defrosters preset to On when you turned off the car?
For this test, yes. I definitely did not feel the seats were warming during the test when I started up the car through the remote key. I think the defroster was working, however it was weak. Remember the outside temp was 45 or so.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Very odd that the last settings don't work, or automatically not turning on max defrosting/heated seats if driven by outside temperature. What's the point of using if it doesn't warm/clear the car?!

OP
OP

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
For this test, yes. I definitely did not feel the seats were warming during the test when I started up the car through the remote key. I think the defroster was working, however it was weak. Remember the outside temp was 45 or so.
The way your’s is working is precisely how mine is working.

I guess my expectations were too high.
I was expecting to be able to preset the seat heaters, heater and defrosters and by starting the car with the remote starter it would be defrosted and toasty warm by the time I got out there.

edlchiang62

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura A-spec
The way your’s is working is precisely how mine is working.

I guess my expectations were too high.
I was expecting to be able to preset the seat heaters, heater and defrosters and by starting the car with the remote starter it would be defrosted and toasty warm by the time I got out there.
Of course it was only 45F outside. I assume it will work when it is much colder outside.

OP
OP

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
Of course it was only 45F outside. I assume it will work when it is much colder outside.
This week the overnight’s are suppose to dip into the 30’s so I’ll see what happens when I do my morning remote starts.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Anyone put one on a Type S or manual Aspec yet?
FORTIN lists that their ONE model is not compatible with the Type R or TypeS. Not sure what's different.

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

In the morning it was about 40F and I started the car via remote start and in this case my car's rear defrost was on(possibly mirrors too), climate control/front defrost was on too as I felt considerable amount of warm air and both front seats were kind of warm too. I always turn off everything before shutting off the car, so the car "pre-conditioned the cabin automatically". In the cabin, there were no visual indications that climate control, seat heaters or such are on but they were. It seem that the car is using discreet way of turning aforementioned items on.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DaveK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
In the morning it was about 40F and I started the car via remote start and in this case my car's rear defrost was on(possibly mirrors too), climate control/front defrost was on too as I felt considerable amount of warm air and both front seats were kind of warm too. I always turn off everything before shutting off the car, so the car "pre-conditioned the cabin automatically". In the cabin, there were no visual indications that climate control, seat heaters or such are on but they were. It seem that the car is using discreet way of turning aforementioned items on.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I will pay special attention this week when our mornings are going to be in the low 30’s so I’ll be starting the car with remote.