• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Current 2022 Si owner looking for thoughts on the Integra

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Hello all,

Like the title says, I have the 22 Si in SGP with about 7000 miles. I absolutely love everything about the car except the cabin noise. And that is now getting to a point where I’m considering switching to something else (Integra).

For some background, I enjoy car audio a lot, have gotten factory audio systems upgraded in my previous cars and hence the Si cabin noise bothers me. I’m no way an audiophile but I can discern good sounding music. So here are my two options:

1) Keep the Si, go to 17s wheels and try to sound deaden it and then upgrade the audio. Not sure how better it will get after all those changes.
2) Trade/sell the Si and get the integra and enjoy the factory audio.

So the questions I have are for current integra/Si owners and especially for those who are into car audio:
1) How much difference there is in road noise between the two cars ? Is it enough to warrant upgrading to the integra, I really don’t care about all the other creature comforts in the integra.

2) How better is the ELS system compared to the Bose in Si ?

3) Would you guys go for option 1 or 2 from my list above ? Suggestions for other options are welcome but my must have are a MT and budget <35k-40k if I’m switching cars with all emphasis on great car audio (factory or something that can be upgraded easily).

Thanks in advance and drive safe !

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Hey Addy,
I've seen a lot of comments from Si owners, but none like yours. Personally I would not recommend the #1 above, but suggest you do more testing before going with #2.

I haven't driven an Si, so comparisons will be very general.
1. You mentioned the MT, so you will have to get the A-Spec Tech, which will also come with the audio you desire, and the slightly noisier 18" wheels.
2. Personally, this is my second Acura with 16 speaker ELS, and I'm a fan. Cranked some awesome classic rock guitar solos this morning! I haven't heard the Bose, so I cannot compare them.
3. While I expect NVH will be improved in the Integra, it's not a quantum leap. The car still was more built to lightweight than Mercedes vault like solidity. I expect that your IS250 is pretty solid and well insulated, and a better comparison.
4. The good news is that you can find an Integra on a dealer's lot. Even if it is not your desired trim, you can check out the NVH going over some of your favorite rough roads. At that point I think you'll know if you'll be able to enjoy the audio enough to pay the upcharge.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Bumping this thread because I'm also interested.

Addy, the only real way to know is to test drive an Integra. I managed to over Labor Day weekend coming in at 8:30am. The salesman was still yawning lol. You'll be in the best position to compare since you already daily the Si.

One thing to check for is tire differences. Both will be 235/40R18, but if you have the Si goodyear eagle summer tires, they might be louder than the Integra's. Not sure what kind of tire/brand the Integra comes with and if they're all-seasons or summers. Only other tip I have is that apparently changing tires in these Civics/Integras influences road noise a lot. If the Integra is still too loud, then maybe immediately budget for a quieter aftermarket tire (but then you might as well go for a base TLX, idk). I'm in a similar situation because I don't know if trying to soften the Si and quiet it down is worth it with new and downsized tires.

Edit: Per Escobar929, Integra stock tires are ContinentalProContacts all-seasons with a 7.0 noise rating on Tire Rack. Higher quality all-season tires would probably help with road noise.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...WR8CPCV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Last edited:
OP
OP

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Hey Addy,
I've seen a lot of comments from Si owners, but none like yours. Personally I would not recommend the #1 above, but suggest you do more testing before going with #2.

I haven't driven an Si, so comparisons will be very general.
1. You mentioned the MT, so you will have to get the A-Spec Tech, which will also come with the audio you desire, and the slightly noisier 18" wheels.
2. Personally, this is my second Acura with 16 speaker ELS, and I'm a fan. Cranked some awesome classic rock guitar solos this morning! I haven't heard the Bose, so I cannot compare them.
3. While I expect NVH will be improved in the Integra, it's not a quantum leap. The car still was more built to lightweight than Mercedes vault like solidity. I expect that your IS250 is pretty solid and well insulated, and a better comparison.
4. The good news is that you can find an Integra on a dealer's lot. Even if it is not your desired trim, you can check out the NVH going over some of your favorite rough roads. At that point I think you'll know if you'll be able to enjoy the audio enough to pay the upcharge.
Thanks a lot for chiming in John. Your comments make a lot of sense.

I actually am finding it quite hard to find one near my area to test drive. So it’s going to be little bit of a game of patience for me. There is a GLI available which is tempting but I am going to hold off (hopefully) because I know the steering/shift/handling in the Honda/Integra is amazing.

My IS is a good car but being an older one it still is a little noisy inside. In comparison, I had found the new Mazda 3 much better from a NVH standpoint. That is just for reference.

Any comments on how NVH refinement is in the integra vs the VW cars (GTI, GLI) ? Thanks !

OP
OP

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Bumping this thread because I'm also interested.

Addy, the only real way to know is to test drive an Integra. I managed to over Labor Day weekend coming in at 8:30am. The salesman was still yawning lol. You'll be in the best position to compare since you already daily the Si.

One thing to check for is tire differences. Both will be 235/40R18, but if you have the Si goodyear eagle summer tires, they might be louder than the Integra's. Not sure what kind of tire/brand the Integra comes with and if they're all-seasons or summers. Only other tip I have is that apparently changing tires in these Civics/Integras influences road noise a lot. If the Integra is still too loud, then maybe immediately budget for a quieter aftermarket tire (but then you might as well go for a base TLX, idk). I'm in a similar situation because I don't know if trying to soften the Si and quiet it down is worth it with new and downsized tires.

Edit: Per Escobar929, Integra stock tires are ContinentalProContacts all-seasons with a 7.0 noise rating on Tire Rack. Higher quality all-season tires would probably help with road noise.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...WR8CPCV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
i actually am not able to find any for test drive in our area. So any leads please let me know. And yeah the tires definitely could be a big reason in the Si. TLX isn’t an option for me because I need the 3rd pedal. If notI would think there are a lot of options out there. We need more 3 pedal options !

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
You’re not alone. I’m considering driving 3+ hours later this week to check out the nearest 6mt A Spec. Judging by the videos I’ve watched, I’m not sure how much quieter it actually is, but tires and maybe sound dampening would go a long way if needed.

After owning several Civics (and liking them) I’m ready for something a little nicer but with a similar driving experience.

Chrisz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 2019 TLX
Hello all,

Like the title says, I have the 22 Si in SGP with about 7000 miles. I absolutely love everything about the car except the cabin noise. And that is now getting to a point where I’m considering switching to something else (Integra).

For some background, I enjoy car audio a lot, have gotten factory audio systems upgraded in my previous cars and hence the Si cabin noise bothers me. I’m no way an audiophile but I can discern good sounding music. So here are my two options:

1) Keep the Si, go to 17s wheels and try to sound deaden it and then upgrade the audio. Not sure how better it will get after all those changes.
2) Trade/sell the Si and get the integra and enjoy the factory audio.

So the questions I have are for current integra/Si owners and especially for those who are into car audio:
1) How much difference there is in road noise between the two cars ? Is it enough to warrant upgrading to the integra, I really don’t care about all the other creature comforts in the integra.

2) How better is the ELS system compared to the Bose in Si ?

3) Would you guys go for option 1 or 2 from my list above ? Suggestions for other options are welcome but my must have are a MT and budget <35k-40k if I’m switching cars with all emphasis on great car audio (factory or something that can be upgraded easily).

Thanks in advance and drive safe !

Chrisz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 2019 TLX
I’ve owned the Integra for two weeks now.. the cabin noise is loud and louder at highway speeds! I made the mistake not to test drive on the highway before I got mine.. My TLX is silent compared to the Integra.
I’m in the process of trading it in. Also, the fake suede is not much of an upscale feel and lastly there are no AC/heat vents in the back seats! Everything else is great about the car! From the looks to the way it dives and tech features!

OP
OP

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
I’ve owned the Integra for two weeks now.. the cabin noise is loud and louder at highway speeds! I made the mistake not to test drive on the highway before I got mine.. My TLX is silent compared to the Integra.
I’m in the process of trading it in. Also, the fake suede is not much of an upscale feel and lastly there are no AC/heat vents in the back seats! Everything else is great about the car! From the looks to the way it dives and tech features!
Ohh. I’m glad you chipped in with your thoughts. But I’m upset too that the car is louder than what I would want. I really do love everything else about the Si which the integra has too like the shift quality, suspension etc.

Curious what are you trading it in for ?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
As a person that grew up with 80's and 90's cars, NOT having cabin noise drives me nuts. I utterly hate driving in a silent cabin when I can't hear the road and things going on around me. Makes me claustrophobic.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I don’t get it. I’m not criticizing since noise is subjective. But I don’t have any issues with the cabin noise. Even with the music off as I like to think on commutes sometimes in silence, it’s perfectly acceptable.

OP
OP

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Yes noise is totally subjective and hence I posted this question here on the forum. Where I am coming from is being able to enjoy the nice ELS sound system or the decent Bose system in the Si. For me, I love clarity in music and don’t really need to play it very loud. And for that purpose the NVH in atleast the Si is quite poor. From what I’m gathering so far, even the integra seems to be in the same boat.

so just trying to make my mind up before I let the Si go.

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
Ever drive a Bentley? Sooo quiet. Windows are double paned, helps hold off all that worldly noise out there.

Have owned dozens of cars and that was the only one where I ever noticed a difference in “cabin noise”, just not something I’m ever aware of.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I wouldn't want a too quiet cabin for the same reason I will never own an automatic.