• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any current ITS owners plan to trade-in for later year ITS's?

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Assuming Acura will make enhancements to the ITS for 2025 or 2026 model years - does anyone plan to trade in their current ITS? If inventory is low going forward, the trade-in value should be high. I am considering putting myself on a waitlist for another one. I know someone who did this for the Type R and it worked out well.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Assuming Acura will make enhancements to the ITS for 2025 or 2026 model years - does anyone plan to trade in their current ITS? If inventory is low going forward, the trade-in value should be high. I am considering putting myself on a waitlist for another one. I know someone who did this for the Type R and it worked out well.
Probably not. I'm down $10k on my aspec after 1 year. Not sure what the ITS will do.

OP
OP

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It would have to be a dramatic enhancement. I don't see it.
Good point. I agree - it would likely need to be a big change for me to consider. Trade-in value will need to make sense. I was told by my dealer that Acura plans to produce the ITS for three years before moving towards electrification so knowing that, I do not think there will be big changes.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The big enhancement from 2023 to 2024 for the A-Spec + Tech was an upgrade from USB-A to USB-C in the rear... I don't imagine anything dramatic for the ITS before Acura pivots to electric.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
It would have to be a dramatic enhancement. I don't see it.
No new features would be worth sinking $10-$20k more in the hole.

the best features we can see are greatly improve gas mileage with performance enhancement with a hybrid engine similar to what Toyota/Lexus is doing

4ourth

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
I may be one of the few, but I will highly consider this route. If this is the last manual ICE to be produced, I would get a last year model to prolong the magic and potentially get a different color. I have black and I was heavily debating it between blue. We might all be singing a different tune if they offered Type R bucket seats with heat too…

OP
OP

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I may be one of the few, but I will highly consider this route. If this is the last manual ICE to be produced, I would get a last year model to prolong the magic and potentially get a different color. I have black and I was heavily debating it between blue. We might all be singing a different tune if they offered Type R bucket seats with heat too…
I agree, it would be a huge benefit if they improve the seats. Already I am using the footrest as a brace around tight corners. Cant imagine long stints on the track. The bolstering does not support the driver enough, considering the performance of the ITS.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I agree, it would be a huge benefit if they improve the seats. Already I am using the footrest as a brace around tight corners. Cant imagine long stints on the track. The bolstering does not support the driver enough, considering the performance of the ITS.
Time for FL5 seat swap.
I haven't sat in the ITS yet but the Aspec seats feel snug to me with the stock bolstering.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Just buy a Porsche and get it over with. This will not be the end of all manuals, absolute pinnacle of combustion engineering so many people talk it up to be.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I don't agree with this assessment. I haven't been necessarily driving at 10/10ths, but I have put the car through a reasonable pace on back roads already and didn't notice any lack of bolstering. I maybe use my foot/leg as a brace under normal conditions but if I do I did it with my Porsches as well, and every one I've had has had adaptive sports seats. The microsuede offers great grip so I don't slide, and bolstering is adequate for 99% of what anyone should be doing on the street.

I don't think this is the right choice of car for "long stints on the track". A seat change, and probably many other modifications would be needed for that use case.

OP
OP

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I don't agree with this assessment. I haven't been necessarily driving at 10/10ths, but I have put the car through a reasonable pace on back roads already and didn't notice any lack of bolstering. I maybe use my foot/leg as a brace under normal conditions but if I do I did it with my Porsches as well, and every one I've had has had adaptive sports seats. The microsuede offers great grip so I don't slide, and bolstering is adequate for 99% of what anyone should be doing on the street.

I don't think this is the right choice of car for "long stints on the track". A seat change, and probably many other modifications would be needed for that use case.
I understand your point of view. I owned a 1991 CRX Si, which I used as a commuter - I also tracked and solo-raced it. Also owned a 1992 prelude SVR, which I used only for rallycross. And a 2004 Civic SIR - Commuter and tracked it. The stock seats on the CRX were really good, as well as the SVR's seats. The SIR seats were really good for that time period. As mentioned, I don't feel the ITS seats are sufficient enough for the vehicle's performance - comparing the vehicles I used to own. But I understand the purpose of these seats vs the Type R, which are at a different level, but the Type R's overall performance is similar. Many will not track the ITS.

Last edited:

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Short answer - no. Longer answer - if values held high enough for it to make sense, maybe. But definitely not expecting to trade in for a newer one. I plan to keep this car a long time.