• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Integra CVT vs 2022 Honda Accord Sport

RcLab1

First Name
Integra
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Aspec w/Technology
2024 Acura Integra Aspec w/Technology pacakge CVT.

I have a 10th Generation 2022 Honda Accord Sport (13k miles). It is the last year for this Generation. I want to trade it in for the Integra so I test drove the Integra yesterday for at least 30 miles.

My thoughts.
My 22' Accord feels substantially heavier and feels more well built. Accord has heavier steering, thicker steering wheel.
Most notable difference also is that the 2022 Accord is much quieter inside and much roomier even though it's not a hatchback. The Accord seems like it's much better built.
The Accord has double pane windows in the front.

The Integra feels lighter and steering wheel was substantially easier to turn. Less diameter steering wheel also.
Much louder inside driving in the highway. It's not a better car then my Accord.
My Accord is not as Sporty or light.

I paid $32k new for the 2022 Accord Sport.
The Integra is $38k.

The new Accord 2023 (11th Generation) Just came out.

Has anyone driven the new 2023 Accord? 11th Generation.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yes, my dad has an 11th Gen Accord--what are you looking to know?

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Stick with the Accord. You'd already be losing thousands in taxes switching cars.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
My thoughts.
My 22' Accord feels substantially heavier and feels more well built. Accord has heavier steering, thicker steering wheel.
Most notable difference also is that the 2022 Accord is much quieter inside and much roomier even though it's not a hatchback. The Accord seems like it's much better built.
The Accord has double pane windows in the front.

The Integra feels lighter and steering wheel was substantially easier to turn. Less diameter steering wheel also.
Much louder inside driving in the highway. It's not a better car then my Accord.
My Accord is not as Sporty or light.
Your Accord (assuming it's the 1.5T, not the 2.0T) is heavier--almost 150lb to be exact. That's not necessarily enough weight to feel, approximately what an average adult passenger might weigh, but I suppose it's possible.

Your Accord is a midsize sedan, whereas the Integra is a sport compact (like the Civic). Your Accord is meant to feel larger, heavier, a little more luxurious, and quieter, not sporty or light.

"Better" is subjective, but the Integra is undoubtedly better at being a sport compact than your Accord. The Integra has the ELS sound system, HUD, and a handful of safety/convenience features that your Accord lacks. Other than that, they're different cars with the same size engine and same CVT for different segments.

The 6MT is where the Integra shines, buying your way into the A-Spec + Tech tier while trading one 1.5T with CVT for another seems a little silly. If you're more impressed with the Accord package all around, you might find more enjoyment by upgrading to an Accord Sport or Touring with the 2.0T. It's even heavier than your current Accord, but has a lot more power, more creature comforts (depending on the year), and has the 10AT transmission (not sure you'll find anyone who says the Honda CVT is "better" than its 10AT).

OP
OP

RcLab1

First Name
Integra
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
How does it drive compared to your Integra?
It's softer, quieter, and smoother. It feels capable, but it doesn't feel fun. It feels like it was made strictly for business, not something I would want to play around in on a long weekend drive or take fast around turns.

I only had a CVT Integra for a few days as a loaner from the dealership, but I thought it was enjoyable enough to drive. The adaptive dampers do make a difference in steering and suspension feel, but I didn't find Sport mode in the CVT to be as noticeably different as in the 6MT model. My favorite part about my time with the CVT Integra was the fact that my wife could drive me around in it (she doesn't drive stick).

If you equate "quiet" with "nice", there's not going to be a way to make an Integra (6MT or CVT) quieter without making it heavier. If you're wondering if the CVT is going to feel quicker than your Accord, it might feel it, but your Accord is rated for a 0-60 of 6.6 seconds vs the Integra's 7.0 seconds.

I'll admit this is a comparison I'm struggling with since both cars are so similar yet so different (really, built with different customers in mind), and I'm just curious why one would want to make the leap from one to the other?

OP
OP

RcLab1

First Name
Integra
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's softer, quieter, and smoother. It feels capable, but it doesn't feel fun. It feels like it was made strictly for business, not something I would want to play around in on a long weekend drive or take fast around turns.

I only had a CVT Integra for a few days as a loaner from the dealership, but I thought it was enjoyable enough to drive. The adaptive dampers do make a difference in steering and suspension feel, but I didn't find Sport mode in the CVT to be as noticeably different as in the 6MT model. My favorite part about my time with the CVT Integra was the fact that my wife could drive me around in it (she doesn't drive stick).

If you equate "quiet" with "nice", there's not going to be a way to make an Integra (6MT or CVT) quieter without making it heavier. If you're wondering if the CVT is going to feel quicker than your Accord, it might feel it, but your Accord is rated for a 0-60 of 6.6 seconds vs the Integra's 7.0 seconds.

I'll admit this is a comparison I'm struggling with since both cars are so similar yet so different (really, built with different customers in mind), and I'm just curious why one would want to make the leap from one to the other?
Thank you for your detailed experience.
I have a 2022 Accord Sport Hyrid CVT.
(13K miles).

I'm switching vehicles bc I love the look of the Integra. I travel for work so not much Canyon Carving for me. Long highway drives etc.

My choice is that 2024 Integra CVT Aspec w/Technology pacakge or a 2024 Accord Sport Hybrid (it's not the Touring trim).

Help me decide folks.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thank you for your detailed experience.
I have a 2022 Accord Sport Hyrid CVT.
(13K miles).

I'm switching vehicles bc I love the look of the Integra. I travel for work so not much Canyon Carving for me. Long highway drives etc.

My choice is that 2024 Integra CVT Aspec w/Technology pacakge or a 2024 Accord Sport Hybrid (it's not the Touring trim).

Help me decide folks.
The integra is within an inch or so of leg room compared to the Accord. Rear headroom is much less than the Accord. Unfortunately there is no LSD on the CVT model on the 6spd Manual.
You do gain a hatch which I love.
Go test drive one and see what you think. I'm sure you can buy one under MSRP especially if there are any 23s left.

OP
OP

RcLab1

First Name
Integra
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The integra is within an inch or so of leg room compared to the Accord. Rear headroom is much less than the Accord. Unfortunately there is no LSD on the CVT model on the 6spd Manual.
You do gain a hatch which I love.
Go test drive one and see what you think. I'm sure you can buy one under MSRP especially if there are any 23s left.

I test drove a 2024 Integra Aspec w/Technology package yesterday morning.
It doesn't feel as solid as my 2022 Accord Sport Hybrid.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I test drove a 2024 Integra Aspec w/Technology package yesterday morning.
It doesn't feel as solid as my 2022 Accord Sport Hybrid.
It sounds like you’re looking to make a switch for cosmetic reasons (not judging), and If that’s the case, I think the 10th Gen Accord looks considerably better than the 11th.

Your Accord May suit your needs better than the Integra—you’re not going to get better gas mileage in the Integra, but performance is going to be very similar. If you financed the Accord, you’re also likely getting a much better rate that what you’ll expect to get for an Integra today.

If it were my money, I’d keep the 2022 Accord and do some cosmetic upgrades to make it a bit sportier looking—there’s a huge aftermarket community for that car since people got so enthusiastic about the 2.0T model. The Integra has a better sound system, but there are upgrades available for the Accord that will match or beat the ELS system.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
My brother has a 2021 Accord Sport with the 2.0t. White on black interior, 19" wheels, tint, blacked out trim and a few personal additions he added like badges, carbon interior trim. That car is really F'ing nice, very well rounded vehicle. It's quick as hell too, you've all seen the comparison videos. Basically a detuned FK8 Type-R motor, right? It's a nice, stable platform that feels extremely well planted as stated above...

The other day he asked me what I thought about getting into a new Integra. He loves mine and misses shifting gears. I said you know you have the nicest Accord they've made yet, right? He said yes I know but I want something sporty and fresh. He's got his eye on a new ITS but obviously availability and a $53k price tag has that out of reach.

I said, if you're dying to have one, I can get you into an A-Spec Tech in whatever color combo you want. MSRP from my dealership. I let him think on it for a couple days and he said, you know...I do really love my Accord...there's gonna be a lot of things I miss about it too. (Remote start, huge cabin space, solid feeling Honda sedan, instant torque, etc...)

I said if/when you're ready, I'll be happy to put you in touch with one of my sales managers to talk...but for now, that Accord, in the trim he has it in, is very tough to beat. Food for thought.....

-G

Last edited: