• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

crickets - some of my thoughts on the upcoming Integra Type S

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
In all seriousness, my criteria for this car purchase is manual transmission, 4 doors, acceptable fuel economy and fun to drive.
I was in your position a year ago and had all these requirements too. A lot of people recommended the GTI. There's also the Golf R and Jetta GLI. Have you looked at any VWs? I thought the GTI was a bit too small (compared to the Integra, cargo mostly) and didn't like the touch/swipe buttons. Also I drove a Jetta for a decade, my wife has a Passat, and I favor Honda/Acura over VW for reliability.

There's also a huge difference between "Yeah we technically offer this with a 6MT but only on these limited trims and we'd prefer you spent more money" and "The 2024 Integra Type S only comes with a 6MT".

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I was in your position a year ago and had all these requirements too. A lot of people recommended the GTI. There's also the Golf R and Jetta GLI. Have you looked at any VWs? I thought the GTI was a bit too small (compared to the Integra, cargo mostly) and didn't like the touch/swipe buttons. Also I drove a Jetta for a decade, my wife has a Passat, and I favor Honda/Acura over VW for reliability.

There's also a huge difference between "Yeah we technically offer this with a 6MT but only on these limited trims and we'd prefer you spent more money" and "The 2024 Integra Type S only comes with a 6MT".
I previously have owned a VW GTI 337, VW R32 and Audi A3 S-Line. As much as I like them, I simply had too many electronic and mechanical issues to consider purchasing again. Great cars, just too many problems.

The Type S will be nice with the K20C1 and the subtle appearance upgrades.

Mike

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen

At 27:45, the reviewer mentions he will be testing the type s in few months, but it will be available even sooner than that.

Ummm, yep that would put in right in June time frame.

In the video, he mentions that be couldnt handle the bouncy and harsh ride quality of a type r, so he by passed the adj dampers. Also removed the fake noise maker and put on 40 profile tires. Complained that there was no heated seats or steering wheel. Starting to think he just got the wrong car, should have waited for type s if he waited more comforts.

Get it off my back, irrated me that he raised his gr86 like 2" inches. His choice but doesnt look great and had to negatively affect the riding exp. Is a thing to go off road in gr86?

Overall like his reviews and opinions. Great to have another comparison video to illustrate the pros and cons of each car from back to back driving them

Will have opportunity to buy a GR corolla at msrp soon, would love to have full info prior to making a decision.

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Another review that covered the Type R, against the GR Corolla and Golf R.

About the GR Corolla:
"More fun, all the time."
"This brings out laughter and smiles and fun, every time I drive this car."

They agreed that the Type R is a more refined, faster on the track, etc.
"The Civic Type R is an utter assassin, a road killing machine."

Ultimately, both preferred the Corolla to the Type R. The Type R is faster, but the Corolla was more fun to them.
"I'm always having more fun in the Corolla. .... Fun has to win!"

As for the Golf R, they said that it was very forgettable compared to the Civic Type R and the GR Corolla. Not a bad car, but not nearly as good as the others.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
I am gathering in order to have fun in the Type R, you will need to be going 9/10ths. Its more of a serious machine with less personality. While GRC is just fun all day long any season but wont set any track records.. which I am more than fine with.

Both are fantastic in their own rights.. one more of a track car and the other more of a rally car. mission accomplished by the mfgs.

Topher placing the GRC above Golf R, Focus RS, and STI is pretty substantial for a 40K car.

Last edited:

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
might as well buy a GR86 or Miata over a GRC. GRC is so tiny inside, might as well not even have back seats. If you need a do everything car, GRC fails.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
might as well buy a GR86 or Miata over a GRC. GRC is so tiny inside, might as well not even have back seats. If you need a do everything car, GRC fails.
small children, quick trips... okay. still can fold down seats and put something like a bicycle back there. fun car would be the purpose but i just called a local dealership ... $10k over. no thanks.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
small children, quick trips... okay. still can fold down seats and put something like a bicycle back there. fun car would be the purpose but i just called a local dealership ... $10k over. no thanks.
I have a GR Corolla Circuit Edition reserved for MSRP. But, they have several reservations and quite a few people in front of me. When you consider the GR Corolla production projections and dealer allocations and the number of North American Toyota dealers, I probably won’t ever get one.

So, I’m going with the Type S.
I have a reservation for the first Type S allocation at my dealer (somewhat local) for MSRP. However, the first several dealerships I called, were selling at $5-15K over MSRP for the Type S. Crazy.

Overall, the Type S checks more boxes for my needs when compared to the GR Corolla. Though, AWD would be nice.

Mike

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
I honestly don't know where I fall on the wait list at my local Acura dealer but I will not pay over MSRP. I would add on some accessories if sold at retail. I won't pay $200 for lug nuts.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
We got less than a week now folks! I’m excited but expecting to be disappointed (like if it has no sunroof) either way it’s good to see more options in this segment

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
We got less than a week now folks! I’m excited but expecting to be disappointed (like if it has no sunroof) either way it’s good to see more options in this segment
id be disappointed if it had a sunroof. Never use it and it causes so much issues

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
id be disappointed if it had a sunroof. Never use it and it causes so much issues
I agree, or at least the option to delete. Problems waiting to happen. Id certainly rather take ventilated leather seats over sunroof.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Same. panoramic sunroof would be sweet but heavy but a traditional sunroof is pointless

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
What problems does a sunroof create?

My 15 year old Civic Si had a sunroof, and never had an issue with it. On hot summer days, it’s great to vent it when you park your car to help deal with the summer heat a bit. Also, if you’re cruising with the rear windows down, venting the sunroof prevents buffeting.

I agree that a panoramic roof doesn’t make sense in a car like the Integra, but there’s nothing wrong with a normal sunroof.

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
I have a 2021 Acura RDX PMC. I've been lucky not to have any issues but this car is plagued with sunroof issues and exploding rear windows. I would choose the no sunroof option if there is one. Ventilated seats would be my choice. Also, I live in New Mexico.