• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clutch Damper Delete

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Speaking of clutch engagement, coming from a FK8 I stalled My ITS once (I never stalled my FK8). I think the ITS has a lighter flywheel causing a little more gas input before releasing the clutch.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Speaking of clutch engagement, coming from a FK8 I stalled My ITS once (I never stalled my FK8). I think the ITS has a lighter flywheel causing a little more gas input before releasing the clutch.
I believe you are correct that the previous gen platform had a dual mass flywheel whereas the new platform is single mass. My 15s Google search didn't confirm this but I believe I read as such somewhere.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Ordered a new slave cylinder that I will modify to remove the delay valve (don't want to do it on the one on the car in case I mess it up). Actually not available, should be available in December.

Also want to order the Sirimoto damper delete bypass, but sipping is expensive to Canada, and they want to use UPS, which will add custom fees and brokerage fees. Those fees can be very high...

Anyone near the border who would be willing to order it, then ship it to me USPS? I bet the basic shipping from Sirimoto to USA would be very low...then also low to ship to Canada USPS from person to person (so no declaration of goods value and all custom and brokerage fees)...

Last edited:
OP
OP
wontondon

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Ordered a new slave cylinder that I will modify to remove the delay valve (don't want to do it on the one on the car in case I mess it up). Actually not available, should be available in December.

Also want to order the Sirimoto damper delete bypass, but sipping is expensive to Canada, and they want to use UPS, which will add custom fees and brokerage fees. Those fees can be very high...

Anyone near the border would be willing to order it, then ship it to me USPS? I bet the basic shipping from Sirimoto to USA would be very low...then also low to ship to Canada USPS from person to person (so no declaration of goods value and all)...
Did you order an official Acura replacement? What's the part number?

OP
OP
wontondon

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI

Anyone near the border would be willing to order it, then ship it to me USPS? I bet the basic shipping from Sirimoto to USA would be very low...then also low to ship to Canada USPS from person to person (so no declaration of goods value and all)...
In addition to the slave cylinder, would you also need to modify the master cylinder?

https://www.sirimoto.com/p/ymm/2023/acura/integra/n1-clutch-master-slave-cylinder-upgrade-kit.html

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In addition to the slave cylinder, would you also need to modify the master cylinder?

https://www.sirimoto.com/p/ymm/2023/acura/integra/n1-clutch-master-slave-cylinder-upgrade-kit.html
No, I'll just order the bypass to remove the damper.

I'll get the FL5 slave cylinder, which is the same as the ITS, only less expensive. A friend of mine works at a Honda dealer and gives me a rebate off parts, so less expensive to do it this way. P/N for the FL5 slave cylinder is 46930-T60-A01.

Last edited:

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024Tiger Eye Integra Type-S, 2003 S2000, '99 SVTL
So far in cold weather (low 20s a few mornings) no change in clutch feel. My '04 and '17 6-6 Accords both changed feel in cold weather.

The '04 I removed the delay valving, it really didn't change the feel much at all, the '17 I left alone. Both had the LUK dual mass flywheel, with the "self adjusting" pressure plate. (the plate has move-able pivot points for the fingers, so as the friction disc wears, the pedal effort stays the same. It is typical for a regular diaphragm pressure plate to require somewhat more effort as the disc wears down. The downside of it, an extremely vague and inconsistent bite point, and in the '04 more than the '17 sometimes vicious chatter as the dmf sections move around.. (and zero warning when the disc is finished, they slip briefly, then just stop moving)

I am SO glad this car has a lightweight single mass flywheel with a more conventional pressure plate/disc setup.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I too find the same thing.

Nonetheless, I will be removing the delay valve in the slave cylinder and remove the damper from the clutch circuit. This will be done tomorrow.

Hope I will have some sort of improvement!

OP
OP
wontondon

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
I too find the same thing.

Nonetheless, I will be removing the delay valve in the slave cylinder and remove the damper from the clutch circuit. This will be done tomorrow.

Hope I will have some sort of improvement!
If you're able to snap some pics while doing this, that would be greatly appreciated!

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you're able to snap some pics while doing this, that would be greatly appreciated!
It is well documented over the Internet. In a previous post, I posted a link to how to remove the delay valve. Then it is just replacing the slave cylinder and damper (I bought the sirimoto N1 damper delete, so it is just a simple replacement).

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, damper is gone. Couldn't do the slave cylinder delay valve delete as I lost the c-clip somewhere in my friend's garage (looked for it for 3 hours without being able to find it).

For the damper delete, I'll try to describe how it feels (please keep in mind that English is not my primary language and I might not use the right words in my explanations).

Shifting feel is really improved for me (clutch feeling, while lifting the clutch - not the actual shifter feel, which remains unchanged). Rev matching while downshifting is really better also. When lifting the clutch after downshifting, it's like the motor is really at the right RPM. Before, with the damper, I often told myself that the rev matching was not good, not done at the right RPM.

For those who have had older Hondas that didn't have the damper on the clutch line, shifting is similar to that. If you're not good at shifting, the car will jerk a bit more. But if you're good, it is way easier to drive without the damper. You can drive more confidently.

I think the delay valve delete will have a less dramatic effect than the damper delete. We'll see about that when I find a solution to the lost c-clip...

By the way, for anyone looking to remove the delay valve, it is much easier to remove the c-clip if you do a notch in the slave body (see picture)... AND BE CAREFUL NOT TO LOOSE THE C-CLIP AS I DID!!!

IMG_2313.JPG

RamVA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Beat, Acty, Prelude, CBR1kRR, ITS, Motocompacto
Well, damper is gone. Couldn't do the slave cylinder delay valve delete as I lost the c-clip somewhere in my friend's garage (looked for it for 3 hours without being able to find it).

For the damper delete, I'll try to describe how it feels (please keep in mind that English is not my primary language and I might not use the right words in my explanations).

Shifting feel is really improved for me (clutch feeling, while lifting the clutch - not the actual shifter feel, which remains unchanged). Rev matching while downshifting is really better also. When lifting the clutch after downshifting, it's like the motor is really at the right RPM. Before, with the damper, I often told myself that the rev matching was not good, not done at the right RPM.

For those who have had older Hondas that didn't have the damper on the clutch line, shifting is similar to that. If you're not good at shifting, the car will jerk a bit more. But if you're good, it is way easier to drive without the damper. You can drive more confidently.

I think the delay valve delete will have a less dramatic effect than the damper delete. We'll see about that when I find a solution to the lost c-clip...

By the way, for anyone looking to remove the delay valve, it is much easier to remove the c-clip if you do a notch in the slave body (see picture)... AND BE CAREFUL NOT TO LOOSE THE C-CLIP AS I DID!!!

IMG_2313.JPG
Thanks for doing all of that, and sharing your results.

Are all of your notes based on rev-match being on, off, or both?