• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clutch Damper Delete

OP
OP
wontondon

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
Well, damper is gone. Couldn't do the slave cylinder delay valve delete as I lost the c-clip somewhere in my friend's garage (looked for it for 3 hours without being able to find it).

For the damper delete, I'll try to describe how it feels (please keep in mind that English is not my primary language and I might not use the right words in my explanations).

Shifting feel is really improved for me (clutch feeling, while lifting the clutch - not the actual shifter feel, which remains unchanged). Rev matching while downshifting is really better also. When lifting the clutch after downshifting, it's like the motor is really at the right RPM. Before, with the damper, I often told myself that the rev matching was not good, not done at the right RPM.

For those who have had older Hondas that didn't have the damper on the clutch line, shifting is similar to that. If you're not good at shifting, the car will jerk a bit more. But if you're good, it is way easier to drive without the damper. You can drive more confidently.

I think the delay valve delete will have a less dramatic effect than the damper delete. We'll see about that when I find a solution to the lost c-clip...

By the way, for anyone looking to remove the delay valve, it is much easier to remove the c-clip if you do a notch in the slave body (see picture)... AND BE CAREFUL NOT TO LOOSE THE C-CLIP AS I DID!!!

IMG_2313.JPG
Would it be correct to assume the engagement point as you release the clutch is more pronounced? Are you able to feel that a lot more?

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Thanks for doing all of that, and sharing your results.

Are all of your notes based on rev-match being on, off, or both?
Rev match on all the time.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Would it be correct to assume the engagement point as you release the clutch is more pronounced? Are you able to feel that a lot more?
Yes, you feel it more. Much easier to start from a stop, and to engage each gear. Much more confident in doing hard accelerations.