• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Carplay freezing issues (more than usual)

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
For those using wireless CarPlay, have you been having more issues lately? I’d say that the Integra system has always been less than perfect, but it’s gotten much glitchier lately.

For me, it happens when I pull away from my garage. I think the system wants to switch from WiFi to data, but then gets confused and then stuck. Sometimes forelce closing the music app and reopening does the trick, but lately it requires a full shut down of the car. If it freezes after a few minutes of driving, the song will buffer for a while, and then will skip more songs than what I tell it to.

The last update I did was about a month ago. Nothing new is out since then. I’m using an iPhone 15 Pro Max. I’ve also tried to go through the service menu on the car and rebooting the system. I’ve also unpaired and repaired my iPhone as well as doing a hard reboot on my phone.

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I put it in comfort and then back into normal. Sometimes I just wait it out and it will reconnect again.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I keep it wired & iPhone 11 & 13 basic models have not had a single issue. Wireless has always been an intermittent issue with me.

Although it’s annoying when my phone is on vibrate & for some reason still rings loud AF through the speakers. 🤷🏽‍♂️ Didn’t do that on my last coupe vehicles.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Just a side note, this is why Honda (and many other manufacturers) are dropping in "reliability".

If they had any credibility, JD Power would create a new separate Infotainment only category for these types of issues.

Specific to your problem, I know one reviewer was claiming it was lagging and slow but turns out he was recording the review with the same phone. The iPhone struggled to record and process Car play wirelessly at the same time. Just make extra sure you don't have something running in the background on your phone that could interfere.

Hope you figure it out.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I have not had any Apple carplay issues with mine on iPhone 12. Wireless charging however seems to be hit or miss but believe that is in part to the thickness of the phone case.
Also note I am always on LTE in my car and never toggle WiFi

Fluffy

First Name
Brayn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I use an Iphone 12 mini and whenever carplay bugs out or disappears, i just restart my phone and it's back to normal. I've haven't had my infotainment bug out ever since I started to make a habit it to restart my phone once a week.

The one minor issue i do have with my iphone/infotainment is that if the Car isn't synced up to carplay, its shows the wrong time.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
The one minor issue i do have with my iphone/infotainment is that if the Car isn't synced up to carplay, its shows the wrong time.
There is a setting somewhere in the infotainment to set the clock automatically. Since I checked that setting, I no longer have the wrong time if not connected to my phone.