• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Billetworkz “Aspec” Knob

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
Roughy 2 weeks ago I decided I wanted a nice weighted knob in the teggy. After shopping around I didn’t like what was available in the aftermarket until I saw another member post about Billetworkz. I checked their custom options and I noticed there wasn’t an Aspec option yet for a shift knob. After a few emails back and forth to Billetworkz and with the help from my uncle we made my vision come to life.
09C913E1-F930-47A2-8CEC-6E6762750742.jpeg

8A72F2AC-426C-46AA-A477-A9E2D738AB93.jpeg

3B818D6C-5FFB-44F6-98C4-F9FAFD0F6CEE.jpeg

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I might be that other member.

52556771818_f68841744b_z.jpg

It looks like you turned an Acuity boot collar upside down. That's clever thinking. Did you use the jam nut that came with the knob to snug and align it?

Also, was your knob properly threaded itself, or was there a thread adapter inside it? If you saw my post, you know mine had a thread adapter that required a little massaging to get the knob to fit close to the way I wanted with the stock boot collar.

OP
OP

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I might be that other member.

52556771818_f68841744b_z.jpg

It looks like you turned an Acuity boot collar upside down. That's clever thinking. Did you use the jam nut that came with the knob to snug and align it?

Also, was your knob properly threaded itself, or was there a thread adapter inside it? If you saw my post, you know mine had a thread adapter that required a little massaging to get the knob to fit close to the way I wanted with the stock boot collar.
The knob had a thread adapter. The acuity collar is actually designed to work in both directions based on the knob design. I definitely skipped the jam nut that came with the knob. I used the jam nut with the acuity collar to get it snug and aligned.

Last edited:

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
The knob had a thread adapter. The acuity collar is actually designed to work in both directions based on the knob design. I definitely skipped the jam nut that came with the knob. I used the jam nut with the acuity collar to get it snug and aligned.
I remembered one of them came with the jam nut. I have two Acuity adapters. I wish I would have thought of using one instead of cutting and chasing out the threads on the adapter, so it would sit properly. Probably would have been much simpler.

There's always more than one way to f*ck a pig.

gzyVt9q.png

OP
OP

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I remembered one of them came with the jam nut. I have two Acuity adapters. I wish I would have thought of using one instead of cutting and chasing out the threads on the adapter, so it would sit properly. Probably would have been much simpler.

There's always more than one way to f*ck a pig.

gzyVt9q.png
As long as the end result is bacon 🥓 😂

Kannedheat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Thanks for the heads-up with Billetworkz. I really like the design you have there and contacted Billetworks to create one for my Integra. The custom engraved weighted knob not only looks fantastic, but it is also functional and comfortable to use. Kudos to you and Billetworkz.
20230226_110214.jpg

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Looks pretty good! Does it come in any other colors?

OP
OP

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My question is did they reuse the template I had done my end 🤔

OP
OP

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hello all, I have been in communication with billetworkz via email. For those are looking to have the knob made with the Aspec template you can contact them via email at [email protected]. They’re also willing to offer a discount if we can organize a group buy.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
I do love how this looks, but I'm curious as to if you know if they offer it in black? And also, how is it from a temperature perspective? Does it get cold or hot?

OP
OP

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do love how this looks, but I'm curious as to if you know if they offer it in black? And also, how is it from a temperature perspective? Does it get cold or hot?
Yea it should be no issue ordering black. It does get pretty cold. I can’t comment on the heat yet I haven’t had this knob during the warmer months.