• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I know not many of us would use it, but add 5th seat for the ITS for whatever it's worth. I really don't see Acura following the CTR and leaving that out on the ITS.
It's a deal breaker for me without the 5th seat.. Fam of 5 here.

SteamedHams

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5G Integra 6MT
I know not many of us would use it, but add 5th seat for the ITS for whatever it's worth. I really don't see Acura following the CTR and leaving that out on the ITS.
Acura gave the huge TLX a laughably small rear seat, so never say never when it comes to their brand of logic.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I know the Acura things aren’t night and day, but I do think I would miss the parking sensors, sunroof, the third back seat, the ELS 3D stereo (ELS has to have more articulate highs and lows over the Bose, Bose is likely more full of midrange coloring with boomy base, which some like, but I will take an honest airy detailed fast base sound over that rich midrange coloration sound any day of the week), and the possible better everyday usable better seats (as we have not seen the final Type S seats yet, I don’t mean the regular Integra seats, I do think the CTR seats are more comfy and supportive vs the regular Integra, at the cost of a god damn metal bar in the side bolsters - good luck gettin in and out with ease at 45). I would buy either one, I tried to buy a CTR the other day and failed, but it was good as I should wait to see the other side of the coin on these sister cars. And while I do like the Honda badge more, I want all the features and comforts I can get at this point in my life at 45. A few grand differences for features will not be a dealbreaker for me or my budget, but I absolutely hate the idea of spending more than a few grand over on MSRP. And that’s if the CTR was not being forever marked up, so I can’t “save” anything with Honda really.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I’m with ya. I love the sunroof. I had very specific parameters to upgrade to the type s. Needed an auto as I don’t want 2 manual cars. Needed to have a nice blue color. Can’t lose any features. We don’t know about color, but the other 2 are deal breakers.

That said, I want it to do well and hope that Acura takes the glaring opportunity to price it right. Not only would $46k fit in the segment with how Acura likes to strategize. The math also works out with cost of features. But most importantly the ITS could be the poison pill for Honda dealers. With ITS’ flooding the market for 3k more than the CTR, dealers marking up the CTR being marked up to $55+ won’t sell. They’d be forced to lower the ADM.

4 cyli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic Si , 2004 Rsx Type S
Just as many of you are in excited and speculating what the type s will have in store for us. I turned down a championship white CTR about a month and a half ago in hopes to find a black one. Once news broke of the type s I knew this would be the exact car I want. I love the ctr but, I think the styling and features of the integra will be a better match for what I’m looking for. Im expecting the car to be around the $48k mark.

Last edited:

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I am somewhat worried about the tuning differences, but the ITS TS will have the more normal everyday seats, the better stereo, the paint job, and the more luxurious bits. And from what I hear possibly heavier steering for better or worse.

ldentikit

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
87 Cressida
I know the Acura things aren’t night and day, but I do think I would miss the parking sensors, sunroof, the third back seat, the ELS 3D stereo (ELS has to have more articulate highs and lows over the Bose, Bose is likely more full of midrange coloring with boomy base, which some like, but I will take an honest airy detailed fast base sound over that rich midrange coloration sound any day of the week), and the possible better everyday usable better seats (as we have not seen the final Type S seats yet, I don’t mean the regular Integra seats, I do think the CTR seats are more comfy and supportive vs the regular Integra, at the cost of a god damn metal bar in the side bolsters - good luck gettin in and out with ease at 45). I would buy either one, I tried to buy a CTR the other day and failed, but it was good as I should wait to see the other side of the coin on these sister cars. And while I do like the Honda badge more, I want all the features and comforts I can get at this point in my life at 45. A few grand differences for features will not be a dealbreaker for me or my budget, but I absolutely hate the idea of spending more than a few grand over on MSRP. And that’s if the CTR was not being forever marked up, so I can’t “save” anything with Honda really.
Sunroof would be a huge seller for me over the CTR but do we know that to be a feature to be expected on the ITS?

BackPack

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2004 Honda Accord EX-L, 2004 Acura RSX Type S
Sunroof would be a huge seller for me over the CTR but do we know that to be a feature to be expected on the ITS?
Opposite for me. I find sunroofs are a waste with added weight and complexity for something I never use. Most new cars I’ve purchased over the past 20 years have come with one. They never get opened.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Opposite for me. I find sunroofs are a waste with added weight and complexity for something I never use. Most new cars I’ve purchased over the past 20 years have come with one. They never get opened.
I love having a sun/moon roof. I almost never fully open it either, but in warmer weather I almost always have it tilted. While moving it helps suck more air through the vents without having to use the fan (I almost never use A/C) and when parked, it helps vent the hot air out of the cabin.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Hello?! (Echo) helllloo, helloo, helo….
Anybody catch any new news? Acura has been quiet and I haven’t heard anything from dealers and no leaks from any other party other than the animated glimpse we got in Acura’s latest video.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Hello?! (Echo) helllloo, helloo, helo….
Anybody catch any new news? Acura has been quiet and I haven’t heard anything from dealers and no leaks from any other party other than the animated glimpse we got in Acura’s latest video.
You won’t hear anything till spring

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I get the feeling your posts are covered by an NDA.
This made me laugh. I don’t have any NDA’s. I’m merely going off of past Acura announcements/reveals. They stay quite until the very end.