• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sabot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Put a deposit on a 2024 ITS since I probably won’t get a FL5 without an ADM and only 6 FL5’s coming into my Honda dealer and I’m 13th on the list.

Glad I’m first on the waitlist at my Acura dealer for MSRP without a markup. Surprised that nobody else put a deposit down 5 days after ITS reveal (ITS probably less $ than a FL5 marked up). Keeping my 2018 FK8 CTR for track and weekend canyon carving.
You're not the only one. I'm first on my local dealerships list and they don't do deposits or markups.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Subaru Forester X Premium
I noticed in the Acura press release that it does not explicitly state front-wheel-drive, it only notes the LSD. To me that is for one of two reasons.

1. They don't want to admit it has FWD only and subsequently slow down the hype train.
2. It has AWD available, and they want to save that nugget as a surprise in the spring when more information is released.

Even up here in the mountains, not a deal-breaker for me with the right tires. I just find it fun to speculate.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I noticed in the Acura press release that it does not explicitly state front-wheel-drive, it only notes the LSD. To me that is for one of two reasons.

1. They don't want to admit it has FWD only and subsequently slow down the hype train.
2. It has AWD available, and they want to save that nugget as a surprise in the spring when more information is released.

Even up here in the mountains, not a deal-breaker for me with the right tires. I just find it fun to speculate.
Although the press release stated this, Acura is not adding AWD. Look at automotive magazines who drove it and they said it was FWD.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Although the press release stated this, Acura is not adding AWD. Look at automotive magazines who drove it and they said it was FWD.
Yes, some of the writers mention FWD. I was not sure if that was just an assumption they were making, or if Acura told them that.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yes, some of the writers mention FWD. I was not sure if that was just an assumption they were making, or if Acura told them that.
Acura told them more than likely. Also Acura/Honda currently don’t have a manual transmission linked with AWD so that would add more cost.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Well, I guess time will tell. 😏
All I’ll say is don’t keep your hopes up. Only other brand that has AWD with a manual right now is Subaru with the WRX, Crosstrek and Impreza. VW with the Golf R. I’m sure there is other but can’t remember off the top of my head.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All I’ll say is don’t keep your hopes up. Only other brand that has AWD with a manual right now is Subaru with the WRX, Crosstrek and Impreza. VW with the Golf R. I’m sure there is other but can’t remember off the top of my head.
Like I said, not a deal breaker by any means! Just having fun.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
I don't see how it's not around 48 grand. We know that there is about a 3,000 premium when comparing the Civic EX-L towards the base integra which are fairly close in equipment. That gets you around 46k if you add that to the type R msrp. Then there is a about 3k more for the a-spec tech options vs base a-spec putting you right about 49k. This does start more than an S3 and CLA but the ITS will be general .better equipped. We know that Type S models are well equipped from the factory. This is what a similarly equiped S3 gets you.

Screenshot_20221211-161852.jpg

Screenshot_20221211-161847.jpg

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I don't see how it's not around 48 grand. We know that there is about a 3,000 premium when comparing the Civic EX-L towards the base integra which are fairly close in equipment. That gets you around 46k if you add that to the type R msrp. Then there is a about 3k more for the a-spec tech options vs base a-spec putting you right about 49k. This does start more than an S3 and CLA but the ITS will be general .better equipped. We know that Type S models are well equipped from the factory. This is what a similarly equiped S3 gets you.

Screenshot_20221211-161852.jpg

Screenshot_20221211-161847.jpg
You've to ask what equipment are you going to add to the ITS over the CTR to cost $5k to 6k more.

Better sound system? +1000
Pleather seats + heat? +2000
Parking sensors? +500
Better sound insulation? +500
Fog lights? +250
Softer ride (bushings)? -500
Subtract the Wing? -2000
Subtract the bucket seats? -2000 (cancels out pleather seats)
Panoramic sunroof? Nope
SHAWD? Nope
7-speed S Tronic Auto? Nope
Acura Prestige Pricing Power? -10

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt

Acura's head rep already said MONTHS ago that there would be no AWD on the Integra. So its already been a well known fact that it would not have AWD.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura's head rep already said MONTHS ago that there would be no AWD on the Integra. So its already been a well known fact that it would not have AWD.
Yeah, I saw the Jonathan Rivers AMA. Why the all-caps? We'll see if he meant what he said. As I mentioned earlier, I don't care either way. I'll buy one even if it's wind-powered and one-wheel-drive.

Cheers!

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I don't get why the CTR vs ITS is even a debate. They are aimed for different types of people

CTR is loud, shouty, aimed at younger people that do(or like to pretend or wish) they did track events, but can't afford a 2nd dedicated car for it.

ITS is for the slightly older person that likes to have fun on a daily commute and is more mature, but may on occasion still do a local autocross event, or has a dedicated car for track work.

They are 2 takes on the same car, one has Daily Life as a priority other has track work as a priority. I fully expect the CTR to be a better track car but I also expect the ITS to be a better car to daily drive and commute longer distances in.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
I know not many of us would use it, but add 5th seat for the ITS for whatever it's worth. I really don't see Acura following the CTR and leaving that out on the ITS.