• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I just hope we donā€™t have to wait until summer to get more details. I hope this is handled better than Honda did with the CTR, that was a fiasco and a half.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Some important people from Acura might be on this forum. So let's not make them think it would be OK to price it higher.
Let's just say $39999 max šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I definitely donā€™t see $39k being a price itā€™ll start at or be close to. My mind has shifted more towards mid to high $40ā€™s

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
MSRP for me or I wait for MSRP. Period. Also, if they updated the TLX with a faster transmission, and that infotainment system thatā€™s in the new 2023 Honda Accord, I would buy that,

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I definitely donā€™t see $39k being a price itā€™ll start at or be close to. My mind has shifted more towards mid to high $40ā€™s
Me neither but let's just say $39K. I'm just trying to lower the average expected MSRP here lol

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
Me neither but let's just say $39K. I'm just trying to lower the average expected MSRP here lol
Trust me friend, the ITS is already fully priced out behind the scenes. Nothing said in this forum is going to affect the price lol. Acura isn't going to lose money on this car. The 43k CTR it's based on is the baseline, and when you add all of the Integra luxury appointments, we're probably in the 48-50k range before taxes, fees, and potential markups.

It's probably better you set your expectations properly so that you aren't too disappointed come Spring haha.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Trust me friend, the ITS is already fully priced out behind the scenes. Nothing said in this forum is going to affect the price lol. Acura isn't going to lose money on this car. The 43k CTR it's based on is the baseline, and when you add all of the Integra luxury appointments, we're probably in the 48-50k range before taxes, fees, and potential markups.

It's probably better you set your expectations properly so that you aren't too disappointed come Spring haha.
Obviously I wasn't serious about itšŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
My expectations are set properly imo. I don't believe in simple calculations so I looked at how Acura, VAG and BMW AG recently priced their models.
I'd say 43-46K + destination but I could be wrong. Tbh I didn't expect the new CTR to cost 5K more than the previous gen.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I think the CTR was priced artificially high (from 2021 MY: $37495) to make space for the ITS, and to discourage and capture part of the dealer markup. Production is also artificially limited to justify the price (no lack of demand problem at inflated MSRP). Honda knows dealers will mark them up and the resultant backlash (on the Honda brand) but there's not much can be done legally.

So, here comes the ITS, priced exactly the same as the CTR to appease the fans and single-handedly wipe out ADM on the CTR. I mean, there's no lack of demand for the CTR at MSRP and the ITS isn't more advanced (aero, seats, suspension, head unit, etc...) than the CTR. The only thing a buyer needs to choose is rawness (stiffer suspension, no heated seats, big wing) vs more comfort (lower NVH, leather heated seats). They're both manual hot hatches on equal standing.

I can't see the ITS pricing close to or more than the Audi S3 ($46800). The Acura equivalent (from A3 to S3) is around $5K less the Audi. I'm shooting for $41999 but I'll be happy with $42895 (and the ultimate FU to ADM dealers). Acura really needs to crank these out because, in all honesty, the TLX and TLX S aren't selling.

1670522345913.png

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Type R Boost Blue
Integras are around $5k less than Audi counterparts throughout its lineup. 42999 seems plausible. Weā€™ll see.
RS3 is 60k so if thats the counter part the integra at 50k is an amazing deal I just wish it was with SHAWD to get me out of my FK8 Type r

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Type R Boost Blue
A lot of folks talking about MSRP. This car will almost surely be marked up to between $75-95K. You will be able to buy a loaded TLX for less, I imagine. That's what has been happening with the civic type Rs, the corolla GRs.... I know we are not talking about an Integra Type R, but we might as well be as far as buying one is concerned.

I'd love to have one but no way am i going to pay $ 20-40k above MSRP.

I truly hope I am wrong.
the markup will only last a couple months it happened with the last gen to

lunchbox

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Manual
RS3 is 60k so if thats the counter part the integra at 50k is an amazing deal I just wish it was with SHAWD to get me out of my FK8 Type r
RS3 is 400hp 5 cylinder with AWD and a consistent 0-60 time that starts with a 3 and not a 5. Definitely at a different level than the Type S. The S3 is a much closer competitor and those start at ~47k. Still AWD, but 300hp turbo 4 cyl. One's with similar equipment are around 49k from what I can tell. Acura will probably need to undercut the S3 a bit to be competitive.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
RS3 is 400hp 5 cylinder with AWD and a consistent 0-60 time that starts with a 3 and not a 5. Definitely at a different level than the Type S. The S3 is a much closer competitor and those start at ~47k. Still AWD, but 300hp turbo 4 cyl. One's with similar equipment are around 49k from what I can tell. Acura will probably need to undercut the S3 a bit to be competitive.
I agree, once they cross over into the $50ks, they competition from the Germans is too much. A fully loaded M240i is about $55k and although itā€™s only a 2 door, the performance isnā€™t close to the ITS.

Mid $40k would be the sweet spot, IMO but who knows what they will do

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
MSRP for me or I wait for MSRP. Period. Also, if they updated the TLX with a faster transmission, and that infotainment system thatā€™s in the new 2023 Honda Accord, I would buy that,
TLX looked awesome as a prototype but some angles and proportions look offā€¦ not to mention that tiny back seat, maybe not an issue for you.

The taillights are the first thing that comes to mind. They were a sharp chicane like on the MDX but got rounded in production.

TLX looks a bit too wide and/or low. Canā€™t put my finger on it but the prototype seemed right, production doesnā€™t quite look right.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I think the CTR was priced artificially high (from 2021 MY: $37495) to make space for the ITS, and to discourage and capture part of the dealer markup. Production is also artificially limited to justify the price (no lack of demand problem at inflated MSRP). Honda knows dealers will mark them up and the resultant backlash (on the Honda brand) but there's not much can be done legally.

So, here comes the ITS, priced exactly the same as the CTR to appease the fans and single-handedly wipe out ADM on the CTR. I mean, there's no lack of demand for the CTR at MSRP and the ITS isn't more advanced (aero, seats, suspension, head unit, etc...) than the CTR. The only thing a buyer needs to choose is rawness (stiffer suspension, no heated seats, big wing) vs more comfort (lower NVH, leather heated seats). They're both manual hot hatches on equal standing.

I can't see the ITS pricing close to or more than the Audi S3 ($46800). The Acura equivalent (from A3 to S3) is around $5K less the Audi. I'm shooting for $41999 but I'll be happy with $42895 (and the ultimate FU to ADM dealers). Acura really needs to crank these out because, in all honesty, the TLX and TLX S aren't selling.

1670522345913.png
Agree the CTR was artificially high but suspect thatā€™s mostly about Honda clawing back profit (in troubled times wrt supply chain) from dealers on their markups. Iā€™d bet Honda doesnā€™t mind about marked up CTRs, not that many in the market for one so not pissing off manyā€¦ and adds some cachet to the Type R marque.

Acura as a brand is struggling. Hopefully theyā€™ll do as they say making the Integra a halo modelā€¦ hasnā€™t been the case on the base so ITS could still be that. The right price could do wonders for the brandā€¦ ie undercut CTR and S3.

In Canada, CTR and S3 are $50K. An ITS for 2-3K cheaper would have a halo effect for Acura. Either way I believe itā€™ll be a stones throw from the CTRā€¦ only question is in which direction. If itā€™s more than an S3 theyā€™ve made a mistake for the brand.