• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 cayman GTS 4.0

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Wow,, 7800 redline @ 80 MPH in 2nd gear!!
Posting in off topic obviously but DAMN this would be fun on the twisties never leaving 2nd
1715013008164-qr.png

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Yeah...I think any Porsche would be fun in the twisties but I get your point also

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
What's the price tag for future endeavors? 😄

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This is what I don't care for on our transmission. 1st and 2nd are really short and if we could get a true overdrive 6th gear.
Porsche 🤤

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
80mph in second gear on the Cayman kind of sucks. I had a 981 GT4 and it took forever (relatively speaking) to get through 1st and 2nd gear. I like tighter ratios so you have to shift more. Overall, I like the gear spacing in the ITS.

OP
OP
koatic

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Yeah, that’s why I only drive manuals because I love the engagement and driving experience rowing through the gears. Guess you need the taller gears for the max top speed with only 6 to work from. I just thought 80 in second is insane.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
80mph in second gear on the Cayman kind of sucks. I had a 981 GT4 and it took forever (relatively speaking) to get through 1st and 2nd gear. I like tighter ratios so you have to shift more. Overall, I like the gear spacing in the ITS.
This ^. It's slightly better with the PDK but the gearing is still too tall, especially for a car that rewards you for running up through the entire rev range. You can't really do that on the street (well, unless you're an asshole and I know they live on these forums). And the only way to fix it is ~$10k or so (can't recall if that includes install, which would obviously add a LOT more) via DeMan Motorsport: https://demanmotorsport.com/gearing/

Matt Farah's 718 Spyder has the full DeMan configuration, including the gearing and 4.5L stroker kit. If you can look past the strawberry shortcake colorway, his car is absolutely amazing:

The ITS is infinitely better in this one key area than the 981/718 cars. The shifter input is the best in the business, and you have to do it more often, which shouldn't be a bad thing (unless you're worried about gas mileage then yeah it's not that great.

The 911s are better because they have a 7th gear... BUT, the shifter isn't as good. It is way better in the 991.2, the 991.1 is not what you'd expect from a Porsche. I'll concede I haven't driven a manual 992 but based on reviews it's a big upgrade over the 992 FWIW.

Also Porsche clutch engagement is not as good as the ITS for daily driving. But this is picking nits; it's still pretty good. I'd just far rather be stuck in traffic in my ITS than any of my past Porsches.

bvanlieu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 White ITS, 2015 Cayman GTS
ITS is more fun on the street in terms of not being illegal as much.

As for shifters...well, the 981 doesn't need a SSK (was an option on 9x6/9x7 cars) and the position of the shifter with the CGT design language is better then the ITS. Its about perfect, to move from steering wheel simply to the side and back. I agree in terms of transmissions the 6sp in the 9x1 line is better then the 7sp WRT feels. 7th is a great GT gear for the HW if you want that.

Shift engagement to me is a tossup, ITS tad shorter, but 981 gate feel is good. 981 clutch is much heavier which I prefer myself (I get traffic is more work, google route me around it !). Honda clutches are light, can be a tad vague at times (which was fine when the cars had no torque).

ITS will never compete to the 981 sports exhaust unfortunately but I appreciate Honda's effort :D

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Come to the dragon, our second gear is good for most of it on a hot pass :)

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
This is what I don't care for on our transmission. 1st and 2nd are really short and if we could get a true overdrive 6th gear.
Porsche 🤤
Everyone hates the GTS and Cayman R's gearing, it's so tall you can't rev the car out easily. Honda did it right.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Everyone hates the GTS and Cayman R's gearing, it's so tall you can't rev the car out easily. Honda did it right.
The 2nd gear fear of grinding....