• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Acura Integra Water Leaks

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I take mine through a high pressure touchless wash 2 or 3 times a week. No issues with water in the car. Yes you get water on the lower sill which doesn't have a seal.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Thanks it’s all on the “outer lip” this was after a storm today. I also park on a steep driveway front of car pointing down. I’m sure that doesn’t help the issue.

IMG_0228.jpeg

IMG_0229.jpeg
ok so this is normal. car doors are not water proof, which is why if you drive into water deeper than the bottom of your door, water will come in lol. you should get water there every time you wash, and from maybe driving through a downpour. hell every time i wash i specifically open up all of my doors and wipe dry as much as the inner sills as i can. water shouldn't ever get as far as the seats or the carpet though, that would indicate an actual problem.

OP
OP

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
Well you stated you were go to stop by the dealership this morning what did they say? If I were you I would have already dropped it back off at the dealer and stated I want it fixed immediately or swap out for another integra. Its just hard to believe that there was no smell in the car, no water marks on the headliner, doors , or plastic when you bought it and you make it sound like you have a waterfall going on when in rains.....things don't add up
Zooka, The car is brand new. Not old enough to develop a smell or watermarks. Right now the water is in the doors. There wouldnt be watermarks on metal. I did drop it off, I also provided pics & videos. I also asked for a new car, which they may provide if they cant 'prove' that theres a reason not to. We will see what the verdict is soon. They are looking at it. WHAT exactly they are doing with the car is something that I cannot see. I have the feeling I am going to be stuck with the car. The FIRST thing I am going to do once its picked up is run it through a car wash. If it leaks it will go right back. Since I am sure that they will assume that I will do this. I will be prepared to contact Consumer protection & an attorney if I have to . We will see what the verdict is soon.

OP
OP

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
So sorry you feel that way. I guess if it doesnt make sense to you, then it must not be true & is a 'troll post'. I cant help you with that.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I don't see how water would get on the seat unless you left a window down or partially cracked open. My windows automatically close when the doors lock,added a module from Mikstore. Without this you may have left a window partially down. I don't see how water can enter anywhere else and reach the top of a seat.

OP
OP

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
ok so this is normal. car doors are not water proof, which is why if you drive into water deeper than the bottom of your door, water will come in lol. you should get water there every time you wash, and from maybe driving through a downpour. hell every time i wash i specifically open up all of my doors and wipe dry as much as the inner sills as i can. water shouldn't ever get as far as the seats or the carpet though, that would indicate an actual problem.
mine is worse. How is that in the winter? Ive heard of doors freezing shut, etc. This seems to be a problem with many 2024 cars including Subarus, Fords & Hundai's. Not relegated just to Acura.

OP
OP

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
I don't see how water would get on the seat unless you left a window down or partially cracked open. My windows automatically close when the doors lock,added a module from Mikstore. Without this you may have left a window partially down. I don't see how water can enter anywhere else and reach the top of a seat.
All windows shut .. but thanks for the reply.

OP
OP

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
So….. have you taken it to the dealer or taken any photos or anything?
Yup. Fighting with the dealer as we speak. It's obvious that this is a HUGE industry problem & the cost for repairs will be big. Avoidsnce is not the cure though.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Is this an isolated incident? Have we seen pics and videos of where the water leaks are? Let's see something please. Thanks.

Integra23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Is this an isolated incident? Have we seen pics and videos of where the water leaks are? Let's see something please. Thanks.
I have had a 23 and now a 24( almost 40k miles collectively), neither had water ingress issues. Now the door sill does get wet but that's expected since the drain ports for the door are above it when closed.
Additionally, I take it through a touchless car wash 2 or 3 times a week and park outside.

Last edited: