• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Acura Integra Water Leaks

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
Buyer beware with the new Integra. - Brand New 2024 Integra. Just took off the lot 2 days ago. Water leaked into car in a 15 min downpour. Water in ALL door sills. Water on passenger side seat, which also means water is on carpeting. Water draining out of doors along bottom seal 2 hours after rain stopped. NOT acceptable. Especially since I have no garage. I will not be able to wash the car or leave it in the rain. I am returning to the dealership this morning on what should be a day off from work. VERY upset.

1.The BDC guy was trying to sell me glass coat on the basis that he hasnt had to wash his JEEP in 1 1/2 yrs. Makes me think they knew about this problem all along & sold the car anyway.

2. The sales rep who's sold my family acura's in the past did not want to take the sale & turned it over to another rep. Did she not want to be embarassed ?

Cant wait to see what they how they handle this. Im hoping they dont try to force the car on me. I am not a person who will just sit back.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Buyer beware with the new Integra. - Brand New 2024 Integra. Just took off the lot 2 days ago. Water leaked into car in a 15 min downpour. Water in ALL door sills. Water on passenger side seat, which also means water is on carpeting. Water draining out of doors along bottom seal 2 hours after rain stopped. NOT acceptable. Especially since I have no garage. I will not be able to wash the car or leave it in the rain. I am returning to the dealership this morning on what should be a day off from work. VERY upset.

1.The BDC guy was trying to sell me glass coat on the basis that he hasnt had to wash his JEEP in 1 1/2 yrs. Makes me think they knew about this problem all along & sold the car anyway.

2. The sales rep who's sold my family acura's in the past did not want to take the sale & turned it over to another rep. Did she not want to be embarassed ?

Cant wait to see what they how they handle this. Im hoping they dont try to force the car on me. I am not a person who will just sit back.
Sounds like a lemon (and they probably knew it based on the scenarios you listed).

That sucks -- so sorry!

Take it to them, lol.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
Odds are if this was a new Acura, They knew nothing about it. Just seems odd that if it leaked this bad for you it would have leaked previously sitting in the lot and in transit, even when they washed it. Not to mention if water intrusion is that bad the car would have already had a smell. Water in the sills is normal ....are you sure maybe the passenger window was not cracked open or even door not shut all the way. Not sure what glass coat has to due with water leaking either.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Welcome to the forum...God speed on the fix action...FWIW i just went over 9600 miles. Numerios washes and monsoon like rain fall in the NE over the last couple of weeks...no leaks and she is a driveway parking type of girl...

OP
OP

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
Odds are if this was a new Acura, They knew nothing about it. Just seems odd that if it leaked this bad for you it would have leaked previously sitting in the lot and in transit, even when they washed it. Not to mention if water intrusion is that bad the car would have already had a smell. Water in the sills is normal ....are you sure maybe the passenger window was not cracked open or even door not shut all the way. Not sure what glass coat has to due with water leaking either.
Windows shut tight . he mentioned he didnt have to wash his car for 1 1/2 years because "dirt rolls right off it". In other words if I dont have to wash my car, I wont see water coming in. Lol. My previous car had glass coat. It doesnt protect from much.

OP
OP

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
Ive never had water in the sills or anywhere else on any of my previous cars going back almost 50 years. Even the rust buckets with holes didnt have water in the sills. This is NOT normal. All windows & doors shut. The car tell you when theyre open.

Glass coat was a joke. The rep said he hadnt washed his car for 1/12 yrs because dirt rolls right off. meaning maybe I should get it since I wont be able to wash my car anyway. .... Nevermind :)

OP
OP

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
Welcome to the forum...God speed on the fix action...FWIW i just went over 9600 miles. Numerios washes and monsoon like rain fall in the NE over the last couple of weeks...no leaks and she is a driveway parking type of girl...
Nice car. Good luck with it. They will try to replicate problem. Either way I advised I didnt want a blooper car to deal with. They are going to replace the car. In a loaner for now.

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
water in the sills is normal? i get this in mine as well, just curious if it's going to be an icy adventure in the winter

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Dude, that's horrible. It's really as if they knew.

OP
OP

Tiamariacat

First Name
Tiamariacat
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra ASPEC
water in the sills is normal? i get this in mine as well, just curious if it's going to be an icy adventure in the winter
Im sure it will be. as well as destroying the interior, seeping into the electrical system & reaping all kinds of havoc. sounds like a ton of fun.

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Im sure it will be. as well as destroying the interior, seeping into the electrical system & reaping all kinds of havoc. sounds like a ton of fun.
Well you stated you were go to stop by the dealership this morning what did they say? If I were you I would have already dropped it back off at the dealer and stated I want it fixed immediately or swap out for another integra. Its just hard to believe that there was no smell in the car, no water marks on the headliner, doors , or plastic when you bought it and you make it sound like you have a waterfall going on when in rains.....things don't add up

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had a Aspec-Tech and now a Type S, there is always few drops on water on the door sills after I wash them both, not much from rain though

Vinnie

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS LSM
I had a Aspec-Tech and now a Type S, there is always few drops on water on the door sills after I wash them both, not much from rain though
Thanks it’s all on the “outer lip” this was after a storm today. I also park on a steep driveway front of car pointing down. I’m sure that doesn’t help the issue.

IMG_0228.jpeg

IMG_0229.jpeg