• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
This reaction makes me very happy indeed!

They didn't make this car for everybody. They see what people are paying for the CTR and have decided to get in on that, while not stressing out their supply chains. They make ~$8k more per car, the dealers struggle to apply ADMs, the bottom feeders with inflated expectations are priced out of the market, everybody wins!

Yeah, people are paying +$10k for CTRs so they'll pay +$52k for ITS's. Most people don't get that there are lots of people willing to pay high prices for these cars. Honda and Acura don't owe anything to anybody except their shareholders.

ZeeKay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback 6MT
lol not many. Manual transmissions and 4 doors are getting very rare these days.

WRX, GTI, Golf R, Civic Si, Type R, Integra, ITS, CT4, CT5, Dodge Charger, Ford Bronco, M-cars
Yeah the CT4/CT5 start at 70k, the Charger is auto only (challenger is) broco is a truck, and the M's are similarly expensive.

So you have Golfs, Civics, and...? A WRX that pretty much loses in all the comparisons?

Edit: I'm intentionally leaving out the Elantra N, its probably a good car but I've got a lot of reservations about the company from prior experiences with their cars.

Last edited:

Bzal1122

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16 Tundra TRD Pro, 03 E46 M3, 23 gts4.0, 24 ITS
Terrible reserve tool color combos. Iā€™m still in , but not on the reserve. Canā€™t pay that kind of $ to get a color combo I donā€™t like. Why Blue /Orchid. Are they serious!???

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
Yeah the CT4/CT5 start at 70k, the Charger is auto only (challenger is) broco is a truck, and the M's are similarly expensive.

So you have Golfs, Civics, and...? A WRX that pretty much loses in all the comparisons?
SS šŸ˜€

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra

I forgot Elantra N, GR Corolla, Mini Coopers. Slim picking for us stick shifters. The manual transmission is trending hard into sports and performance car territory. Car makers are playing to the segment.

Speedyx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TLX
Terrible reserve tool color combos. Iā€™m still in , but not on the reserve. Canā€™t pay that kind of $ to get a color combo I donā€™t like. Why Blue /Orchid. Are they serious!???
I feel the same way. I'll wait for my blue/black combo at that price point

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm waiting to see what my trade-in is. I really wanted to pay 15k + trade-in. But that's not happening. If they come back and I'm down -10k on my trade-in value I will probably walk.

ZeeKay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I forgot Elantra N, GR Corolla, Mini Coopers. Slim picking for us stick shifters. The manual transmission is trending hard into sports and performance car territory. Car makers are playing to the segment.
Yeah the Elantra N and Golf R are really the only things even close. The GR Rolla is, well, impossible to get in my searches and the ITS is larger and basically in a different segment. Same with the Mini's, probably not crosshopping with a large hatchback (even if the ITS is considered a compact, its pretty roomy). Elantra is Kia/Hyundai and *probably* fine under warranty, but more sport less luxury (ie targeted closer to the CTR than the ITS).

I'm not defending Acura's price here, I wish it was cheaper too. I'll probably have to let go of my reservation because of it. But my only interest in the car was something sporty and practical, that was also worth an upgrade from our '21 Touring Hatch 6MT. I originally wanted a Si hatch with leather, which is what the Integra wound up being, but it didn't exist at the time, and not worth the hit on the trade-in.

So people saying it's not price competitive in its segment? What segment? Its basically the only car in the niche.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Yeah the Elantra N and Golf R are really the only things even close. The GR Rolla is, well, impossible to get in my searches and the ITS is larger and basically in a different segment. Same with the Mini's, probably not crosshopping with a large hatchback (even if the ITS is considered a compact, its pretty roomy). Elantra is Kia/Hyundai and *probably* fine under warranty, but more sport less luxury (ie targeted closer to the CTR than the ITS).

I'm not defending Acura's price here, I wish it was cheaper too. I'll probably have to let go of my reservation because of it. But my only interest in the car was something sporty and practical, that was also worth an upgrade from our '21 Touring Hatch 6MT. I originally wanted a Si hatch with leather, which is what the Integra wound up being, but it didn't exist at the time, and not worth the hit on the trade-in.

So people saying it's not price competitive in its segment? What segment? Its basically the only car in the niche.
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring comes with leather and retails for $32k. but I'm not sure if it makes sense for you to trade in your '21 (although your resale value might still be high at Carmax). But good luck finding one of those. You'll have to order one 6-12 months out.

Yeah, technically its 1-of-1 in Luxury Hatchbacks with manual transmissions, but at $52k, people are starting to cross shop BWMs and Mercedes. The CTR at $45k is a good deal, but the CTR with +$5K mark ups and now the ITS are just too expensive for their driving experiences. Like what others are saying, I'd upgrade to a TLX Type S, M240i AWD or Supra for that money. I'd lose the manual transmission, but ZF 8-speeds are so good that I might not miss it.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I'm waiting to see what my trade-in is. I really wanted to pay 15k + trade-in. But that's not happening. If they come back and I'm down -10k on my trade-in value I will probably walk.
My dealer quoted me $33-34k for my 2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD with 21k miles on it.

Granted, that's without haggling at all, but I'd still be at ~$20k delta once factoring in tax.

I don't think you're getting $35k for a car that stickers at $37k unfortunately.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Well I'm out. I could take my Integra and make my own type s and still have money the pocket. 52 plus markup isn't worth it! No dealer by me is msrp. Everybody is 10k or more.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
The high price makes some sense for Acura. Like someone else said, they can see the pent-up high demand and our expectations of seeing dealer markup. By raising the price partially into the expected marked up range, they can reduce demand, which reduces the ability for dealers to add markup, and Acura makes some of the money that dealers were greedily, but rationally, trying to take as middlemen. I'm expecting markup to be much lower because of this high price.

Last edited:

ZeeKay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring comes with leather and retails for $32k. but I'm not sure if it makes sense for you to trade in your '21 (although your resale value might still be high at Carmax). But good luck finding one of those. You'll have to order one 6-12 months out.

Yeah, technically its 1-of-1 in Luxury Hatchbacks with manual transmissions, but at $52k, people are starting to cross shop BWMs and Mercedes. The CTR at $45k is a good deal, but the CTR with +$5K mark ups and now the ITS are just too expensive for their driving experiences. Like what others are saying, I'd upgrade to a TLX Type S, M240i AWD or Supra for that money. I'd lose the manual transmission, but ZF 8-speeds are so good that I might not miss it.
And yeah, CTR would have been the answer, except both like you said $5k ADM, so now its $50k. Then its only $2k difference to get something that actually has a power seat.

I'll continue to defend and buy manuals as long as I possibly can. And Honda does make the best ones. For a lot of people that's not a deal breaker (ie M240i), but for me alas it is.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
NO WHITE at launch?!? Wtf Acura......A color they displayed on there promo video next to the tiger eye. Really???

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Well I'm out. I could take my Integra and make my own type s and still have money the pocket. 52 plus markup isn't worth it! No dealer by me is msrp. Everybody is 10k or more.
I honestly don't see how a dealer is going to sell any of these with a $10k ADM.

I don't see the value in it at $52k. At $62k, I would have to be committed to a mental institution.