• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
That starting price is about $4k higher than I'm willing to pay... I may still consider one after discounts but definitely not at MSRP.

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
I think they were too worried about making sure sales didnā€™t interfere with the type r. The lack of an optional sportier seat and lack of display options for performance features with a $51k price tag is just not it. I love the look of the car but at this point I think Iā€™ll move my search to finding a s2k and keep my 11th gen civic.
yeah but getting a CTR is a hassle. Local dealer will sell at MSRP but itā€™s going to be 2-3 year wait most likely. I was hoping Acura would come in just a tad higher than the CTR. This just seems a bit boneheaded. Hopefully next year they are sitting on lots being discounted 10% plus after the economy inevitably crashes

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
Not great considering interest rates etc, but not surprising to me at all. Most people are paying more than this for the Type R. If you can get the ITS for MSRP, it could make more sense than paying markup for a Type R, depending on your needs/wants.

Caso22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Volkswagen GLI, Chrysler Pacifica
I was way off šŸ˜‚. Well there is the price. At that point you can spend an extra $4k and get a base TLX S. what are your thoughts?
The manual transmission isn't available on the TLX. For me (and probably others), it limits the options...

NearLeopard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASpec/Tech 6MT, 23Mx5 Club Brembo
Can't wait to see what all these dealers who already committed to 10k+ ADM will do now. 60k+ is wild. Honestly, I started looking at moving up market and the price differential trading in my 6mt Integra for a new S5 (~65k) was almost the same price as a new Mx5.

I know that's not even I the same category, but now I have two cars, including a super fun convertible all because my local dealer was greedy and we all knew there was a high chance acura would be too.

Such a shame cuz I'd LOVE a type S, but Ive already moved on and if my dealer calls back to change their mind they lost a customer because of it. Seems like I'm not alone in being bummed.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The manual transmission isn't available on the TLX. For me (and probably others), it limits the options...
Extremely. Thatā€™s the #1 thing to me - a great gearbox that stays glued to the road & fun to drive.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
I called it in the predictions thread, basically priced right in the middle of the CTR and the TLX-S ... People will still buy it, they pay over that to get the CTR after mark-ups

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
This reaction makes me very happy indeed!

They didn't make this car for everybody. They see what people are paying for the CTR and have decided to get in on that, while not stressing out their supply chains. They make ~$8k more per car, the dealers struggle to apply ADMs, the bottom feeders with inflated expectations are priced out of the market, everybody wins!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
True but also you can consider the other manufacturers at that price point.

ITS:$51,995
M235i GC: $48,595
CLA 35 AMG: $50,650
S3: $47,895
CT4-V: $47,240 RWD.

I know a 6 Speed is a huge thing for some people but also itā€™s more than the competition, has 5 seats, they all come with AWD Standard except the CT4 V. At that price you also might as well get a CTR. Although itā€™s not as luxurious, it still has the 6 speed, same engine, same 4 seats but is also lighter then the ITS.

Speedyx

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TLX
I'll still end up buying, but im not rushing. I'll wait for the color combo i want and i now wont be buying any addons. Acura really is knocking a lot of people out with that price when you aren't even getting certain luxuries most people have come accustomed to especially at that price point.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
If the seats have TLX TS level of comfort then the ITS would be worth it to me. For over $50K my bum wants to be very comfortable.

ZeeKay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Civic Sport Touring Hatchback 6MT
True but also you can consider the other manufacturers at that price point.

ITS:$51,995
M235i GC: $48,595
CLA 35 AMG: $50,650
S3: $47,895
CT4-V: $47,240 RWD.

I know a 6 Speed is a huge thing for some people but also itā€™s more than the competition, has 5 seats, they all come with AWD Standard except the CT4 V. At that price you also might as well get a CTR. Although itā€™s not as luxurious, it still has the 6 speed, same engine, same 4 seats but is also lighter then the ITS.
The manual is the only reason I'm looking at the ITS. The CTR is always marked up and treated like gold. The CT4 would be great but the manual in those starts at the blackwing which is like 70k+.

BMW doesn't have the manuals in anything other than the M's. Mercedes and Audi don't even offer a stick.

What other cars are available in the "4 doors and a stick" category?

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'm convinced now that Honda/Acura has lost the plot completely.

Honda started it off releasing their new gen models that all rose in price (some by considerable amounts) while de-contenting the various trims (little things like heated seats, fog lights, alloy wheels, etc), while making them all heavier and slower than their previous gen counterparts, and giving them all (subjectively) borderline boring exterior styling, the discontinue of the 2.0T on the accord, Honda won't reign in it's dealers with their CTR markups, and what seems like a constant stream of quality control issues, etc etc.

The TLX has arguably never been super competitive in its segment just because of its bloated weight, but at least had some play as a value proposition. The RDX has gotten long in the tooth and needs a full redo or to just get replaced by the ZDX EV. The base Integra, again, had the value proposition compared to it's competition, but IMO still lacks a bit too much performance for its price point. The MDX is alright if you want a 3-row and again exists in that value proposition realm, but still could use more wow. More personally speaking, the lack of any sports coupes in either brand is a big miss for me, but one I can easily compromise on if everything else hits the nail on the head. And now the ITS carries this kind of price with a mostly copy/paste CTR powertrain but with really no additional luxury features over the Integra A-Spec Tech, not even getting serious sport seats.

I'm just blown away how many misses Honda/Acura is having lately (again, IMO). But that ITS, for as good as it might be, does not command a price point like that with so many other options around that do things better and carry more brand prestige than Acura. Just a huge miss.... I'd rather have seen the ITS get the TLX tuned 2.0T and come in under $40k compared to this.

As someone who's been a pretty big brand loyalist / fanboy for pretty much the entire time I've been driving, the last year and a half or so has had me looking at other brands offerings much more seriously than I ever did before.