• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Croissants

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' Apex Blue Pearl ITS
I made it to the payment screen and submitted. The confirmation page broke though and I didn't see anything like what you guys have posted in the screenshots. I do have a pending charge for 2K on my credit card though so it seems at the very least the payment went through. Anyone else have this happen. Seems like if the payment worked then the reservation should exist but I haven't seen any emails either. Also have no idea what color I reserved if any as I was refreshing multiple colors lol.
Try reaching out to your dealer. The deposit is supposed to go to them and they should have record of the reservation if it went through successfully. Hope it did you for you!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Well that was an adventure just reading through it.

Just as when the pricing was revealed... I can't understand how anyone could have been surprised over this. I'm not going to try to guess but it shouldn't be hard to imagine that many thousands of requests for 200 cars was going to lead to a disaster of experience. It likely has nothing to with "Acura's IT department dropping the ball" or whatever... I've worked in cyber security the past 20 years and believe me ensuring a secure transaction is going to take a lot more precedence than user experience, and that's probably the wall most of you were hitting. The release of ANYTHING in high demand all ends the same way- a few happy folks who probably were very mad until they got confirmation they got what they wanted, and a shitload of very angry people who didn't.

Also... I don't think anything will surprise me as far as auto manufacturers and IT/web development/software is concerned. Even a "high end" brand like Porsche for example is absolutely terrible at all of these things. Anyone having gone through ordering a new sports car and "Track Your Dream" will probably be able to relate... and really any seasoned software developer will probably laugh/cry when you start peeling back the inner workings of infotainment for pretty much any brand.

It's just a mess of a way to go about handing out allocations and I have no idea why they did it this way. I can only guess a marketing tactic? Such a strange process to release a new model...

Congrats for those who got their reservations though.

This fiasco served as a reminder that I need to just pop a seat and wait this hype out. I think I'll set my sights on spring. Or next model year...

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
If anyone with red interior wants to get rid of the front passenger red pad here is the black part number

Screenshot_20230512-064143.png

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
This fiasco served as a reminder that I need to just pop a seat and wait this hype out. I think I'll set my sights on spring. Or next model year...

it was a “hope for the best, plan for the worst” type of scenario for me. I was bummed but not surprising … especially in retrospect. I do suppose that in 2023 I thought it might be a little better… Lol

TYD had me anxious a few times lol. BMW’s is also bad … says my car is still at port but dealer says it’s on the truck and almost at the dealer. Conflicting information is maybe worse than a lack of info sometimes.

I’ll be hanging out waiting for an ITS patiently now.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
TYD had me anxious a few times lol. BMW’s is also bad … says my car is still at port but dealer says it’s on the truck and almost at the dealer. Conflicting information is maybe worse than a lack of info sometimes.
I'm with you on this--conflicting information is the absolute worst, and it's very easy to find between one salesperson and another in the same dealership, even worse when looking between multiple dealerships.

Vezhof

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tesla
I was looking into the errors while I was refreshing non stop. The error message was "Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record or 1 records: 0016g00001wHzVRAA0: []".

The message indicates that there is contention on a single row in a database, so most likely the way that they were handling the reservation system was by allowing one user at a time to "lock" the row (probably 1 row per vehicle color) and allowing them to reserve. A lock prevents other requests from retrieving that same row in the DB. This would ensure that users can't reserve more than 50 vehicles per color. The row would be unlocked when the user was done reserving and the number of vehicles left would go down by one. There's better ways to do this but it's a pretty basic concept I'd say and one of the easier ones to implement.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
Just as when the pricing was revealed... I can't understand how anyone could have been surprised over this. I'm not going to try to guess but it shouldn't be hard to imagine that many thousands of requests for 200 cars was going to lead to a disaster of experience.
I honestly wonder how many people were willing to put down $2K for it in this market with stiff competition. Make up a number say 5K people... major concerts have 25x that demand and the systems tend to hold just fine. I would be curious to see the unique IP hits.

Also, I've heard comments like "bUt iT sOLd oUT fASt" claiming the ITS to be a success... of COURSE there are a measily 200 fanbois (and dealerships) willing to snag these at $52K. Even if Honda/Acura overpriced by $4K or so, that's just an $1M extra in profit. Honda makes $130 BILLION in revenue for comparison. This is literally a drop in the bucket. If Acura sells 20K of these a year (or 50K like the BMW 3 series), then we're getting somewhere, but the quick sales of the initial 200 is completely immaterial as a gauge of both financial impact and success of a niche car roll out.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
it was a “hope for the best, plan for the worst” type of scenario for me. I was bummed but not surprising … especially in retrospect. I do suppose that in 2023 I thought it might be a little better… Lol

I’ll be hanging out waiting for an ITS patiently now.
TYD ruined my experience so bad I'll likely never place another order for a car. At the very least I'll take the approach of "it gets here when it gets here", because you are spot on with your assessment. Bad info is definitely worse than no info, and TYD was always bad.

I didn't even get the cool picture of the whole assembled car on the elevator, and my timeline got pushed back 3 MONTHS (mostly because of summer break but that's still horrendous).

If Porsche sucks at this, I can't expect much more of Acura... although at least they're built here.

I was looking into the errors while I was refreshing non stop. The error message was "Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record or 1 records: 0016g00001wHzVRAA0: []".

The message indicates that there is contention on a single row in a database, so most likely the way that they were handling the reservation system was by allowing one user at a time to "lock" the row (probably 1 row per vehicle color) and allowing them to reserve. A lock prevents other requests from retrieving that same row in the DB. This would ensure that users can't reserve more than 50 vehicles per color. The row would be unlocked when the user was done reserving and the number of vehicles left would go down by one. There's better ways to do this but it's a pretty basic concept I'd say and one of the easier ones to implement.
Yeah that error is WAAAAAY too much public information. Absolutely any public-facing indication of why something doesn't work exposes way more than it needs to for anyone looking to exploit it. Of all the complaints levied so far around this "experience", this is actually the worst!!!

User-facing error language is a CARDINAL SIN in security. SMFH.

I honestly wonder how many people were willing to put down $2K for it in this market with stiff competition. Make up a number say 5K people... major concerts have 25x that demand and the systems tend to hold just fine. I would be curious to see the unique IP hits.

Also, I've heard comments like "bUt iT sOLd oUT fASt" claiming the ITS to be a success... of COURSE there are a measily 200 fanbois (and dealerships) willing to snag these at $52K. Even if Honda/Acura overpriced by $4K or so, that's just an $1M extra in profit. Honda makes $130 BILLION in revenue for comparison. This is literally a drop in the bucket. If Acura sells 20K of these a year (or 50K like the BMW 3 series), then we're getting somewhere, but the quick sales of the initial 200 is completely immaterial as a gauge of both financial impact and success of a niche car roll out.
I think we've moved past the value discussion, this car will be in high demand, like it or not.

Concerts are not the same, on a variety of levels I don't even feel the need to get into... apples and dynamite.

chitownms3

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec Tech 6MT
This thread makes me quite happy. While it sucks to see so many of us who badly wanted it to end up empty handed for at least 1 more month, I had this thought that I was competing against a bunch of sleezy douches who wanted to flip this for a quick buck at my expense. Its nice to know so many people who actually wanted to own and enjoy this car were trying to scoop one up.

Would be happy to drive to Cincy for a meet sometime this summer!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This thread makes me quite happy. While it sucks to see so many of us who badly wanted it to end up empty handed for at least 1 more month, I had this thought that I was competing against a bunch of sleezy douches who wanted to flip this for a quick buck at my expense. Its nice to know so many people who actually wanted to own and enjoy this car were trying to scoop one up.

Would be happy to drive to Cincy for a meet sometime this summer!
Did you snag a reservation for Columbia Acura?

chitownms3

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec Tech 6MT
Did you snag a reservation for Columbia Acura?
Got one in a Chicagoland dealer actually but I almost had a heart attack while trying to lol.

The first computer I was trying with, I was getting a white screen from 5 minutes early when it opened and 30 minutes later I got out two other devices to try on. Its lucky that I did because the first computer I was using never got in. Only the other two did. Complete luck seemingly as my behavior was the same on all three.

Last edited:

tigereyeteggy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
435i xDrive, Integra type s
Same exact thing happened to me and a couple other people in here. I should have more details from my dealer tomorrow. Best of luck to you!
Same thing for me. I got to the deposit info and submitted with no confirmation visual or email sent. The 2k deposit did go through to my local dealer. Let me know any updates you get from your dealer mine is useless they don’t know anything lol

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Got one in a Chicagoland dealer actually but I almost had a heart attack while trying to lol.

The first computer I was trying with, I was getting a white screen from 5 minutes early when it opened and 30 minutes later I got out two other devices to try on. Its lucky that I did because the first computer I was using never got in. Only the other two did. Complete luck seemingly as my behavior was the same on all three.
I know the feeling. Had chrome and Firefox with multiple tabs opened on my phone and same on my PC.

tigereyeteggy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
435i xDrive, Integra type s
Same thing for me. I got to the deposit info and submitted with no confirmation visual or email sent. The 2k deposit did go through to my local dealer. Let me know any updates you get from your dealer mine is useless they don’t know anything lol
For those that didn't receive a confirmation email but deposit went through we should be good to go according to the Acura chat support lol
I asked about being charged twice on my card because submitted the deposit info twice due to the lagging website. The chat support person said to contact sales manager at the dealership you chose to get it sorted out. Also check spam folders of email that you put down was the last sentence of the photo.

FYI asked my dealer all these questions they don't know jack shit had to resort to asking the Acura chat support :eek:o_O
Screenshot 2023-05-12 160105.png

Last edited: