• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
Haven’t seen anyone who got one comment on the ambient lighting

For those that have, how do you like it? It is just one color or adjustable?
Great question - could someone please shine some "light" on that one!

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
HUD: Does it show ELS Stereo info? Could someone please briefly tell us what options are available to be projected onto the windshield?

Digital Instrument Cluster: Does it show the gear you're driving in via the manual transmission, like in my Mazda Miata - don't need it per se, but absolutely love it!

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Haven’t seen anyone who got one comment on the ambient lighting

For those that have, how do you like it? It is just one color or adjustable?
It’s only one color guys.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
HUD: Does it show ELS Stereo info? Could someone please briefly tell us what options are available to be projected onto the windshield?

Digital Instrument Cluster: Does it show the gear you're driving in via the manual transmission, like in my Mazda Miata - don't need it per se, but absolutely love it!
All this info is in the owners manual that's been uploaded.

11 2024 Acura Integra Type S.jpg

Desert Driver

First Name
Simmons
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra ASpec Tech 6MT in liquid carbon metallic
I believe I heard in a review that the ambient lighting is just one color: white.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Closed the deal on my Platinum White Pearl, 6MT this morning. I went out yesterday PM after getting a call that the car was ready, and got an overnight test drive. Here's my thoughts.
1. Ride and handling is terrific. I was worried it would be too stiff with the 18" wheels but I was pleasantly surprised. Corners very well and tracks great. I spent most of the time with windows open, but for a short period with them closed, road noise seemed nicely muted. I think the exhaust sounds sweet.
2. Drivetrain is solid. It was slower than I expected. I don't plan on entering any races, so it doesn't need to win one, but the power delivery needs to be managed. The car required a lot of throttle input to maintain speed in top gear at 2000 rpm, on a slight grade. I am used to cruising at engine speeds between 1600 and 2500 in both my Saab and BMW. But this Acura is very smooth at 4000 rpm, so on an incline, I can drop a gear or two and it's plenty responsive. I feel as though I will want to maintain 4000-6000 rpms for any spirited driving. This is not at all what I expected from the torque curve. But it shouldn't be a problem, it's just more driving engagement. That's tailor made for this self-described "enthusiast." Transmission is swell, on par with the BMW. Only issue was I had problems a few times getting from 5th to 6th. On multiple occasions it dropped down to 4th. Because of rev-matching, I was aware of it before releasing the clutch. This is another thing I'm sure I can get used to.
3. Interior is a mixed review. I'm old school, so I will need to get used to the digital dash. Hopefully, I'll learn to like it as much as an analog one. I like the proportions. Not too busy, but plenty of buttons, instead of touch screen stuff. The color on the red interior is spot on for me. The seats have a squishy bottom, so I'm not sold on the ability to take long road trips. They were hot to sit in, but I had the air off and the windows open. The seat backs felt quite comfortable and offered good support. My wife thought the interior was old-fashioned, and it didn't fit with the stylish exterior. Reflecting on that, I think she's right. but again I'm old school so I like it. For the rear seat, I'm only 5'5", so with the seat where I drive there was ample leg room. It's wide enough for two. But as short as I am, I found the headroom tight. Any suspension rebound, and my head would be bouncing off the ceiling. The hatch space is very good, excellent with the rear seats down. But the liftover height is much more than I would prefer. One last thing on the interior is ingress and egress. We're not as old as some here, but not young. My wife has knee replacement surgery scheduled next month. And the car sits low to the ground. I was really concerned about this being a deal-breaker. Happily, it's actually quite easy getting in and out. Another improvement over the BMW.
4. Tech. I really haven't checked any of this out, haven't even paired my phone. The sound system is pretty great. It's just not a priority for me.

Bottom line is that I needed the overnight test drive because of concerns about the engine power delivery and seat comfort. But after 50 test miles, I'm satisfied. Without a doubt, this is the best car on current market for my needs.

So satisfied that, although the dealer wouldn't give me a reasonable price for them, I'm going to part with both my cars, 2013 BMW 1-series and 2013 Ford PHEV hatchback. My new Acura Integra offers me what I'm looking for: Fun to drive, room for four, handy hatchback, good mileage and long term reliability. It's everything I need, rolled up in a $40,000 package!

I'll try and post some pics on the PWP thread, but it's not really different from other cars that have been pictured.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
I did a quick test drive today in an Apex/Orchid 6MT, exactly like my order save for this one had 19 inch wheels.
Performance was decent, but felt slightly less peppy than my 07 TSX. Steering was quite good, with a medium weight to it. I didn't notice any change in heft from the drive modes. Clutch was light and with a nice throw length, although take up was very high which felt odd initially. Rev matching was pretty impressive. The gear shift felt nice with short, crisp throws. The exhaust note was pretty good, and i liked the digital gauges that look analog. The steering wheel had nice leather, but the orchid suede already looked dirty and I'd much rather have fake leather everywhere. As noted above, great storage space although it's a high liftover and long reach to fold down the rear seats from the hatch. Rear and front legroom were very impressive. Overall I give the car an A minus, but then came the numbers...

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
After driving the demo manual today my key take aways are:
+ fit and finish are excellent
+ materials are very nice
+ love the seats and infotainment distance
+ great visability
+ even in sport the ride was very comfortable
+ felt pretty quick once you get past the turbo lag.
+ loved the drivers assistance and HUD
+ clutch was ultra light and smooth
+ acceleration was also VERY smooth
+ even at 6’1, it’s very easy to get in and out of. Didn’t feel like I was getting in a car.

- the clutch pedal felt too close to the brake pedal
- high clutch engagement point was annoying
- shifter knob felt too small
- airbag cover seems far too thick

And something that’s not a - but still is important to know. The tach. I was scrolling through the options to put inside the tach and didn’t realize that if you don’t select one or select back, it stays on the menu and hides the tach. Found out the hard way when accelerating and had no idea the rpms lol.

Last edited:

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Yes, I was very surprised by the high catch point too. I'm sure it's something we'd get used to in time.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
First, anyone wanting to wait for the Type S I highly recommend driving the automatic. It definitely slowed my roll.

Highlights
  • That may be the nicest red exterior I’ve ever seen. Great looking car in person in any color.
  • Felt like a REALLY nice Civic interior but didn’t feel like an Acura… except for quietness maybe.
  • Steering feel was near perfect. Wheel size and quality was better than I expected.
  • Suspension was noticeably more compliant than my Si without sacrificing control.
  • Automatic was boring and took all the fun out of the motor.
  • Could've done without the power seats. They’re super nice looking but prefer simple controls and less weight.
  • Felt like a lot more tech than 10th gen Si. Adaptive cruise, blind spot monitoring and parking sensors are nice to haves but don’t care much for the rest… except the fantastic stereo.
  • Hatch floor is high so seats up room doesn’t seem better than a Civic trunk. High lift over too.

Summary, great car but price for the manual makes a great argument for getting an Si… too bad Honda didn’t make them stand out more or do a hatch version, but I can see why they didn’t. That decision seems as strategic as the one to not offer a manual in the base Integra.

They should let their products compete and may the best car win.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
High lift over too.
I felt this way with all the pictures. But in person, maybe because I’m taller, it didn’t feel high at all.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I felt this way with all the pictures. But in person, maybe because I’m taller, it didn’t feel high at all.
Same thing for myself. It seemed lower than a normal trunk but the car does set lower than a normal car/SUV. I will measure and compare to my Prius.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
High for someone 5’7 used to a 10th gen Civic trunk.
Thats fair. I’m used to SUV’s at this point so standing over the trunk opening, it seemed totally reasonable.
Same thing for myself. It seemed lower than a normal trunk but the car does set lower than a normal car/SUV. I will measure and compare to my Prius.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Went in today for a test drive.

I would have preferred all leather seats but the suede inserts are ok. I really liked the red interior, looked great w/ PWP. Didn’t notice any road noise, did a mix of street and highway, car was relatively quiet. One thing I would have liked for Acura to include is auto dimming side mirrors, would have been a nice touch

This could be just me but coming from a BMW, I much prefer Reverse to be the left of 1st instead of to the right of 6th but not a deal breaker, clutch and shifter felt good, no complaints there.

The exterior looks good, loved the lift back, plenty of room. My salesman mentioned being able to fit a bike with the seats down, which is cool. One thing I didn’t get is the mud guards, seems like it’s a thing with Acuras, would it be weird if I didn’t get them? The salesman was confused when I mentioned I didn’t want them

Overall I really enjoyed the car, it’s certainly not fast but feels peepy and fun, the car likes to rev high, wish redline was 7k though.

Still trying to figure out which exterior color to go with, loved the red interior so I guess my only options are PWP, LCM or MBP so far PWP is my fav but would like to see the other colors in person