• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
I cancelled my order.

/ducks

This is a huge disappointment for me as I have been excited to get the Integra. I was one of the first 500 to order and had picked out a place for window tinting/ceramic coating/debadging, got an insurance quote, downloaded the paperwork for a private sale of my car, read the instruction manual and figured out what products were needed to maintain the car.

But I didn't love it.

The handling, acceleration, steering, appearance (except for that rear lip spoiler [on certain colors]) were all good to great. Those overhead speakers seem to be just for show. I'm 5'8" and my head was touching the headliner in the back seat. My problem, I guess, is that I like my car and have, I guess, more "fun with luxury" expectations than this car delivers.

I quote Joey Capparella's review from Car and Driver: "Such are the perils of high expectations."

Now I have to reconcile with my 2014 Mazda3 who may never forgive me.

I will miss this board and its informative communications.

-VBinNV
I follow your reasoning. Am about ready to reconsider the Integra and aim for another Si. The Integra is not a ā€œbig slow tankā€ compared to cars in general, but it pretty much is compared to what a lot of us have been used to driving. I am not talking the high dollar cars we might have, I am comparing to our daily Hondas and such.

This vehicle would fit in our stable as a practical cross town runner that is small enough to help get through the zombies in traffic. The extra comfort of the Integra is nice, and as a senior I donā€™t mind having some niceties.

Basically I use a rear seat as a parcel shelf, in 7 years have had maybe three rear seat passengers In our Si. The new Integra has about a foot of car I donā€™t need or want in the rear seat area.

Physics says that more weight, less motor displacement and a turbo mean slower.

This will be the best car that many ever have and a true joy to own, a very nice package. But not for our needs.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Now I have to reconcile with my 2014 Mazda3 who may never forgive me.
Thanks for all your input to the forums!
And I get it, the car is NOT the second coming. After a short test drive, I had severe concerns. But I took a longer test drive and got past those. I'm now at about 250 miles, and enjoying it. I'm still learning how to manage the car's shortcomings. I think the powertrain is great, but I've had better. The difference is that I think this will give 5-10 more mpg, combined with lower cost of ownership.
But the main point is that it looks like you have a great Mazda. Talk nicely to it, and drive it the way it's accustomed to you and all will be forgiven. I'm sure!

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
My first impression was ruined by the wrong car being delivered. The Apex Blue/Orchid looked better than I expected in person. After taking a couple days to clear my head, and level out, I test drove a black/black 6MT to make sure I was comfortable in it while waiting on my replacement.

To set the stage for my expectations, I learned stick in a 98 civic ex, and have been driving a manual 96 z28 camaro for the last year. The camaro has seen better days with the only working interior light being the gauges, no working cruise control, and general creaks of a 90s t-top car. However I've also driven a 19 dodge challenger scat pack, 16 chevrolet ss, 19 silverado (love the 2.7l turbo 4 cylinder in that), and a 21 GMC canyon AT4. I expected this to drive and feel like a nice civic. Between those vehicles I've used some form of most features I can think of on the car.

It was as expected. It's not a race car, but it got out of it's own way. I had mostly good lines of sight. The heads-up display is very clear, but needed adjustment to my viewing angle. I was hoping to notice more of a difference from the active dampers, but it was a short, smooth road drive (not getting the black on black so i didn't want to put bunch of miles on it) .The only thing I was unfamiliar with is the rev-matching downshifts, which was extremely smooth.

I am happy with the vehicle and the value. Although my initial experience left concerns for how Acura/Honda will handle any potential problems, I will be waiting the month for the one which replaces my messed up order.

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
My first impression was ruined by the wrong car being delivered. The Apex Blue/Orchid looked better than I expected in person. After taking a couple days to clear my head, and level out, I test drove a black/black 6MT to make sure I was comfortable in it while waiting on my replacement.

To set the stage for my expectations, I learned stick in a 98 civic ex, and have been driving a manual 96 z28 camaro for the last year. The camaro has seen better days with the only working interior light being the gauges, no working cruise control, and general creaks of a 90s t-top car. However I've also driven a 19 dodge challenger scat pack, 16 chevrolet ss, 19 silverado (love the 2.7l turbo 4 cylinder in that), and a 21 GMC canyon AT4. I expected this to drive and feel like a nice civic. Between those vehicles I've used some form of most features I can think of on the car.

It was as expected. It's not a race car, but it got out of it's own way. I had mostly good lines of sight. The heads-up display is very clear, but needed adjustment to my viewing angle. I was hoping to notice more of a difference from the active dampers, but it was a short, smooth road drive (not getting the black on black so i didn't want to put bunch of miles on it) .The only thing I was unfamiliar with is the rev-matching downshifts, which was extremely smooth.

I am happy with the vehicle and the value. Although my initial experience left concerns for how Acura/Honda will handle any potential problems, I will be waiting the month for the one which replaces my messed up order.
Clarification: What color combo did you initially pre-order and are now waiting on?

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
Clarification: What color combo did you initially pre-order and are now waiting on?
I ordered Apex Blue/Orchid 6MT and they delivered a CVT, whole story is on another thread, dealership is making a final attempt to get me that, but I've got my name on a Performance Red/Black they have coming next month just in case