• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Thanks for sharing @IntegraAgain ! I was starting to wonder if I should shop for something else or wait for the Type-S. but your perspective sounds very similar to mine and that’s exciting! I test drove a Mazda6 MT several years ago and really liked it, so if the teggy left you speechless over that, I think I’ll love it.

I live near RDU, but I promise I won’t drive to Greensboro and tempt them to let me drive your car.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
I live near RDU, but I promise I won’t drive to Greensboro and tempt them to let me drive your car.
YES. We are the beginning of a NC 5th Gen Integra club! :D:D

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I saw the demo today. Super comfy seats for a big and tall guy. Plenty of leg room up front and I fit behind myself no problem. Rear headroom was also fine. I’m 6’1 250.

Materials felt excellent all around. If I had to not pick, the gauge cluster res when pulling up album art work for the music was a tad grainy. And believe it or not I didn’t love the shifter. Is it better than 99% of shifters out there? Yes. But it’s not as smooth as my 2003 RSX type s stock shifter imo.

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
Thank you so very much for your extremely thorough review - very well done! Please tell me what you thought of the Blue/Orchid combo?
It’s pleasing. But personal preference. They work together fine.

I like the color of the Si seats (well, the front ones on the new car) but have concerns it might not complement well with some Si colors. At least to my eyes.

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
It’s pleasing. But personal preference. They work together fine.

I like the color of the Si seats (well, the front ones on the new car) but have concerns it might not complement well with some Si colors. At least to my eyes.
Thanks for your color commentary of sorts - it's greatly appreciated!

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
For thr people you have test driven, hiw is the road noise?
I have never listened for ”road noise” in any vehicle. I hear people mention it but not really sure what that is.

Maybe it’s because I listen for other things. Radios are nice.

Now if this noise could be heard with sound system on, that would be different.

Last edited:

dfoster1951

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LexusGS 350 F Sport
So I test drove the 6MT today. First let me preface my comments by saying I am 71 years old, hardly the demographic Acura is aiming for with this car. Second, I am coming from a 2020 Mid-engine C8 Corvette, obviously a much different creature. However I have owned 4 prior Acuras, back to a 99 CL 5MT, so I am hardly new to the brand. Anyway my impressions after a good look see and 20 minute test drive.

1- The car seems bigger in person than from internet photos.
2- I really like the interior. The seats are very comfortable. I would expect they would be fine for a 6 to 8 hour drive.
3- The AC works fine. It was 90 plus degrees in New Orleans today when I drove it.
4- The 6MT was everything I expected. In my humble opinion, no one makes a better manual transmission than Honda/Acura.
5- The power was more than adequate for my needs. I am not going to track the car. It will be my daily driver to and from work with occasional road trips to Florida, North Carolina, Alabama and Mississippi.
6-Did not play with the infotainment screen. ELS system sounded fine.

No obvious dislikes after this initial introduction to an actual car. I wish it had HomeLink, but that's not a big deal. Heck, my wife's Lexus GS 350 F Sport does not have a sunglasses holder.

Build date for my blue/orchid 6MT is June 11-15 with delivery end of June or first week of July. Really looking forward to rowing my own gears again while i am " young" enough to do so.

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I test drove the 6MT today. First let me preface my comments by saying I am 71 years old, hardly the demographic Acura is aiming for with this car. Second, I am coming from a 2020 Mid-engine C8 Corvette, obviously a much different creature. However I have owned 4 prior Acuras, back to a 99 CL 5MT, so I am hardly new to the brand. Anyway my impressions after a good look see and 20 minute test drive.

1- The car seems bigger in person than from internet photos.
2- I really like the interior. The seats are very comfortable. I would expect they would be fine for a 6 to 8 hour drive.
3- The AC works fine. It was 90 plus degrees in New Orleans today when I drove it.
4- The 6MT was everything I expected. In my humble opinion, no one makes a better manual transmission than Honda/Acura.
5- The power was more than adequate for my needs. I am not going to track the car. It will be my daily driver to and from work with occasional road trips to Florida, North Carolina, Alabama and Mississippi.
6-Did not play with the infotainment screen. ELS system sounded fine.

No obvious dislikes after this initial introduction to an actual car. I wish it had HomeLink, but that's not a big deal. Heck, my wife's Lexus GS 350 F Sport does not have a sunglasses holder.

Build date for my blue/orchid 6MT is June 11-15 with delivery end of June or first week of July. Really looking forward to rowing my own gears again while i am " young" enough to do so.
Thanks for sharing and congrats on your forthcoming beauty! I am in the same boat/car sort of speak - as I am 73 years old and I presently drive a 2019 Front Mid-engine Mazda Miata Grand Touring RF 6-speed Manual. I also have had two Acura cars (both RSX Type-S) in the
past - best manual transmission ever and on par with my Mazda Miata.

Please tell me your first impression of the Blue Apex/White Orchid combo - now that you seen it in person? THANKS!

dfoster1951

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LexusGS 350 F Sport
Thanks for sharing and congrats on your forthcoming beauty! I am in the same boat/car sort of speak - as I am 73 years old and I presently drive a 2019 Front Mid-engine Mazda Miata Grand Touring RF 6-speed Manual. I also have had Acura cars in the past two RSX Type S - best manual transmission ever and on par with my Mazda Miata.

Please tell me your first impression of the Blue Apex/White Orchid combo - now that you saw it in person? THANKS!
The tester I drove was the liquid carbonic with black interior,

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honestly it wasn't my favorite. Black interior can be brutal in New Orleans summer. Don't get me wrong,, it was pretty. Color is so subjective.
Thanks again for your extremely immediate response to my inquiry. I too pre-ordered the Blue/Orchid combo and living in South Florida I can certainly relate to how brutal a black interior can be!

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Haven’t seen anyone who got one comment on the ambient lighting

For those that have, how do you like it? It is just one color or adjustable?