• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
The Integra Prototype is more then likely the A-Spec version. If you know how Honda/Acura do prototypeā€™s, then you know that pieces are taken from different trim level. The Brembo brakes that are on the model are alluding to the Type S version especially since it has the exact same front caliber from the TLX S and MDX S. Also here is a photo of the MDX Prototype. As you can see it has Brembo brakes but the base version of the MDX doesnā€™t come with it.

MDX Prototype Brembo Brakes that alluded to Type S version:
70E68C4A-1A3A-43EC-A2B9-E88EA875B742.jpeg

MDX production model. No Brembo brakes:
04AEB46F-CC6B-465B-996F-8651F2BDC510.jpeg
So the base also wonā€™t come with LSD as Ikeda only mentioned ā€œavailable manual and LSD.ā€ Or did I miss another official announcement from someone else?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
So the base also wonā€™t come with LSD as Ikeda only mentioned ā€œavailable manual and LSD.ā€ Or did I miss another official announcement from someone else?
When he stated it I believe he said Standard so I assume itā€™s for all models and definitely Type S.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
When he stated it I believe he said Standard so I assume itā€™s for all models and definitely Type S.
I rewatched the livestream and he said ā€œavailable 6-speed manual and limited slip differentialā€. I was wondering if some other Acura official said ā€œstandardā€ in case I missed it. Iā€™m sure higher trims will offer LSD but was hoping to see it on a base model.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I rewatched the livestream and he said ā€œavailable 6-speed manual and limited slip differentialā€. I was wondering if some other Acura official said ā€œstandardā€ in case I missed it. Iā€™m sure higher trims will offer LSD but was hoping to see it on a base model.
The way he said it makes me think that the 6mt and LSD will be offered as a package deal.
6mt will probably come with LSD top trim or not and DCT/CVT or whatever will only come with open diff.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The verbally announced stuff was referring to the base. The motor, price, available manual with lsd.

Visually, it may or may not have had pieces from other trims. So it might not have brembos on the base. But it will have lsd with the manual. The Si also has lsd and at a minimum the base will have that power plant.

When he says available, all that means is that the auto will be default and you can add the manual if you want. Even though the physical prototype there may have been several trims combined, he only spoke of the base. So there is no need to worry that the lsd will only be on higher trim levels.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The verbally announced stuff was referring to the base. The motor, price, available manual with lsd.

Visually, it may or may not have had pieces from other trims. So it might not have brembos on the base. But it will have lsd with the manual. The Si also has lsd and at a minimum the base will have that power plant.

When he says available, all that means is that the auto will be default and you can add the manual if you want. Even though the physical prototype there may have been several trims combined, he only spoke of the base. So there is no need to worry that the lsd will only be on higher trim levels.
?

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Just read that the Integra is 1-2" longer than the sedan. That's a show stopper for me, I thought it was shorter like the Civic hatch. Not looking for a stretch limo.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Robb, good post but let me take you back to 1986. I was trading in my little CR-X for something a bit better. I looked at the Mazda RX7, Civic Si and the Acura Integra. As you said, the Integra was always based on the Civic platform but back then, the look was totally different.

The Si hatch was almost station wagon-like.

2022-honda-civic-si-sedan-736904.jpg

I fell in love with the Integra's sharper look.

preview-928x522.jpg
I literally posted these images on Jalopnik and had a guy dead tell me the two look NOTHING alike lol I cant tell if some people are trolls or just REALLY stupid.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Just read that the Integra is 1-2" longer than the sedan. That's a show stopper for me, I thought it was shorter like the Civic hatch. Not looking for a stretch limo.
lol its still like 10in shorter than an Accord, and even shorter than my Mustang.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
My understanding was that they were trying to say that the base is default to a CVT/DCT, without saying which it was getting, but that you can pick a manual.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
lol its still like 10in shorter than an Accord, and even shorter than my Mustang.
I've no interest in an accord, cause it's huge. Mustang is huge but it's got a 6mT V8, so I can excuse it. The Civic doesn't have a V8.

If the Integra is really 5" longer than the new hatch, I'm not interested. The Type R is still on the table, as is the GR Corolla.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
If the Integra is really 5" longer than the new hatch, I'm not interested. The Type R is still on the table, as is the GR Corolla.
Let's do the math...

11th hatch... 179"

11th sedan... 184"

New Integra is said to be 2" longer than the sedan... so 186".

Conclusion. The Integra is 7" longer than the 11th hatch.