• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
The Si 1.5T 200HP is right in line with the Audi A3, but this is about 3k cheaper. From what I can tell the FWD A3 does NOT have a LSD either, only the AWD version.
So the A3 does have 221 lb-ft of torque, yet weighs ~3300 lb and has a 7-speed DCT, the 0-60 is supposedly 6.6 seconds. So if the Integra weighs about 3100 lb, 8-speed DCT with 200hp and 192 lb-ft, it should be competitive. Better if they could squeeze 210hp/200 lb-ft out of the engine.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
So the A3 does have 221 lb-ft of torque, yet weighs ~3300 lb and has a 7-speed DCT, the 0-60 is supposedly 6.6 seconds. So if the Integra weighs about 3100 lb, 8-speed DCT with 200hp and 192 lb-ft, it should be competitive. Better if they could squeeze 210hp/200 lb-ft out of the engine.
It’s also worth noting that VW and Audi SERIOUSLY underrate their engines figures. But. The lighter integra with the DCT should in theory not have much issue pulling 0-60 numbers in the low 6s (6.2-6.3) based on the fact the 10th gen civic manual could manage 6.5. I kinda wish that they look at the now cancelled Veloster Turbo which was capable of 5.9 but that’s a few hundred pounds lighter than the Integra will be.

Honestly as long as it can match or best my coupes 6.7s time I’ll be happy in that metric. I’m less worried about it’s handling prowess based on what we have seen in the new civic, let alone what the Si will manage.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I’d also say that the Acura will win in terms of price vs equipment. You don’t get full LED with DRL in the A3 base and need to spend >40k just to get the good sound system and MMI infotainment system.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe, 2008 Tundra Limited, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 (Dead engine), Horse Trailer, Quarter Horse (Dyno=1 HP)
Bigger in the eyes of old timers like me who owned and loved those small Integras back in the day.

unnamed-01.jpeg

Clearly, Honda's marketing strategists aren't worrying about getting actual former Integra owners onboard. They named it Integra because it was a beloved nameplate that helped launch the Acura brand and they're hoping it turns around the Acura brand a bit now.
Sounds a bit like the Ford Mustang Mach-E. I just threw up in my mouth a little thinking of that ?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Here is something to think about when it comes to the competition and what Acura did by using the Civic Chassis.:

BMW 228i/M235i GC is based on the UKL2 Chassis that actually was created solely for Mini Countryman and Clubman

Audi A3/S3 are based heavily on the MK8 Golf Chassis with little tweaks.

I kind of find it funny how people continue to downplay the Integra when it’s competition does the exact same thing to bring costs down.

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Here is something to think about when it comes to the competition and what Acura did by using the Civic Chassis.:

BMW 228i/M235i GC is based on the UKL2 Chassis that actually was created solely for Mini Countryman and Clubman

Audi A3/S3 are based heavily on the MK8 Golf Chassis with little tweaks.

I kind of find it funny how people continue to downplay the Integra when it’s competition does the exact same thing to bring costs down.
That’s an inconvenient truth. You shouldn’t mention that!

blackhatch

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra db1
If the new integra challenges the new nsx like this then let's call this new model an integra, because by look, it just doesn't look like one.

As you can see there's a 2 sec difference between them, ..., the gap between the new nsx and new integra is obvious, the new nsx is a beast and the new integra is basically a taxi.

(Yes i expected the new integra to be a lot more powerfull)

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
If the new integra challenges the new nsx like this then let's call this new model an integra, because by look, it just doesn't look like one.

As you can see there's a 2 sec difference between them, ..., the gap between the new nsx and new integra is obvious, the new nsx is a beast and the new integra is basically a taxi.

(Yes i expected the new integra to be a lot more powerfull)

Again. Stop comparing a BASE integra with a TYPE R.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
base integra with brembo brakes?:hmm:
?‍♂

First off. Yes. The Si has upgraded brakes as well. Second, this is a prototype and could have elements of other trims. However the only announced vehicle is a base trim. So when you call it a taxi vs what was the type r, you sound ignorant and misinformed.

Also this new base integra will be faster than the dc5 type r. So you now have permission to call it the integra ?

Last edited:

blackhatch

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra db1
?‍♂

First off. Yes. The Si has upgraded brakes. Second, this is a prototype and could have elements of other trims. However the only announced vehicle is a base trim. So when you call it a taxi vs what was the type r, you sound ignorant and misinformed.
:crazy:

I might be misinformed but i'm not ignorant, in fact i'm speaking your language and i'm not from the US.
I have also been in your country.

St Pete

NSX
MFTE4iA.jpg

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The Integra Prototype is more then likely the A-Spec version. If you know how Honda/Acura do prototype’s, then you know that pieces are taken from different trim level. The Brembo brakes that are on the model are alluding to the Type S version especially since it has the exact same front caliber from the TLX S and MDX S. Also here is a photo of the MDX Prototype. As you can see it has Brembo brakes but the base version of the MDX doesn’t come with it.

MDX Prototype Brembo Brakes that alluded to Type S version:
70E68C4A-1A3A-43EC-A2B9-E88EA875B742.jpeg

MDX production model. No Brembo brakes:
04AEB46F-CC6B-465B-996F-8651F2BDC510.jpeg

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
:crazy:

I might be misinformed but i'm not ignorant, in fact i'm speaking your language and i'm not from the US.
I have also been in your country.

St Pete

NSX
MFTE4iA.jpg
I never said you were ignorant. Kudos on speaking 2 plus languages. I can’t. However you do SOUND ignorant when you compare a prototype with the only info released about a base, to a type r. The type s will be coming and probably more your speed.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I wish Honda wouldn’t give so much time between prototypes and production releases.

There will be much bickering over the next months followed by sooo many called-its. Uggghh.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2022 Civic Sedan Touring
The issue is in the styling. The new Integra is exceedingly clearly a Civic Hatch with different front and rear clips.

If they REALLY wanted to differentiate, then they would have come up with a hatchified version of the sedan (Meaning near the same body line as the sedan rather than the sportback of the hatch) and slapped a wing on the rear.

And I legit have no idea what to do to the front. And this is where I have to rage at some stupid in the thread regarding the look of the nose of the last Integra to now. You can't do those cars! It is actually illegal now! Pedestrian safety design elements have done more to force the change in front design than almost anything in over a century of automotive design.

Maybe the answer is more differences on the body skins or something but whatever it is, it is missing cause all I see is Civic. And again, I own a 22 Civic so there is nothing particularly wrong with this, I just hope the interior is that much better over my Touring trim to support that A badge.