• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Would you buy this ITS?

Q_subsub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm surprised people aren't recommending ppf on headlights. I know Porsche advises against them for delaminating risk but if my previous cars were any indication I'd say ppf on headlights is surely worth it. On my previous cars, if I had rock chips on hood/bumpers then I also had pitted windshield and headlight covers as well, and they quickly become sore sights.

As for my justification for PPF, I live in the South so sand/salt wasn't a concern, and I don't drive much on the highway so pebbles and debris from trucks weren't much of a concern either. What got me convinced on the value of PPF was going on mountain drives (including Tail of the Dragon runs) and getting peppered with rocks following a bit too close to those rear wheel drive cars with 300+ sized tires

Last edited:
OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
So, tomorrow is the big day, I take delivery of my ITS sometime around noon.
I decided Ill go get the tints done Monday morning and while I am there, I am going to talk to him about both the PPF and body paint prep work.

See he quoted me $750 to do the ppf including prep for the front bumper, and then he later quoted me $600 too prep the whole car so I could apply the ceramic myself.

I'm going to offer him $1k to do both, since he has to prep the area anyway, maybe I can get that 1350 down a little, anyway I am planning to do that in 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I want to buy the oil and filter I am going to use after this weekend when I hit 1000 miles and a couple tanks of gas, so while I am out breaking in the car, I will run some errands, I have the next 4 days off to get used to the car.

I need to get some car wash soap, and towels, sponges etc.. but it has been a minute since I last did this and things keep changing.

I used to use leather shammy's to dry, now they use microfiber I think?

01.) Where do you guys buy your supplies for washing your car?

02.) Do you order online or do you go to a local shop?

I'm thinking based on what everyone has been using and is happy with, I will get what I need so when I wash the car and use my power washer for the first time and foam cannon and all that I will have everything I need.

03.) Any product suggestions for basic car wash soap and sponge type or brand for washing the car?

04.) what is best for drying these days?

The only other thing will be the ceramic coat I'll buy some next week, since I am not doing it for a couple weeks.
I got a few suggestions the other day that I haven't looked up yet, so I think I'm good on ceramic for now, but any info about the other stuff would be helpful.
I appreciate everyone's experience and suggestions.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Are you not planning on getting the hood done as well? That's generally where you get a ton of chips apart from the bumper.
No, I wasn't planning on it.
I looked at my 350 carefully, and today at work, I looked at dozens of cars and checked their front ends for wear, chips, etc.. and found very little other than the lowest areas in the middle of the car, but my z and most of the cars I checked today had nothing wrong with the upper bumpers or hoods, I wasn't even going to do the bumper but I figured, why not, it can't hurt, but this isn't a show car, it is my daily, I will be driving this car with 250k on it, so yes, I want to protect it, but I have to draw the line somewhere, and the expense is just too high.
If I could do it myself or knew someone and could get a cash deal or something I might consider doing more, but I am really not super worried about it either.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I'm surprised people aren't recommending ppf on headlights. I know Porsche advises against them for delaminating risk but if my previous cars were any indication I'd say ppf on headlights is surely worth it. On my previous cars, if I had rock chips on hood/bumpers then I also had pitted windshield and headlight covers as well, and they quickly become sore sights.

As for my justification for PPF, I live in the South so sand/salt wasn't a concern, and I don't drive much on the highway so pebbles and debris from trucks weren't much of a concern either. What got me convinced on the value of PPF was going on mountain drives (including Tail of the Dragon runs) and getting peppered with rocks following a bit too close to those rear wheel drive cars with 300+ sized tires
I hadn't even heard of that before but cool if it wors.
I'm good with doing the bumper.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
PPF anxiety is real, and it gets worse the longer you're on these forums. The reality though? Only people on the forums are the ones obsessed with PPF. Typical people aren't actively going out and buying it unless it's upsold through the dealer. Why? Because it's outrageously expensive, for not really that much net gain. It's literally invisible plastic.

Only do PPF if it sincerely gives you peace of mind that justifies the cost. You've survived this long on other cars without it. You don't have to listen to us!

As for car wash supplies, there are tons of options out there. I've been using AMMO NYC for years and am quite pleased, but you can't really go wrong with Chemical Guys or Griot's Garage, and with Griot's you can shoot down to a local AutoZone (or maybe Advanced...) and pick most of their stuff up. Other "comprehensive" options are Adam's Polishes or if you want to get serious I've started looking at Esoteric lately. I've spoken to the owner of Esoteric and he is a consummate pro and is trying to spread that knowledge so I'm going to start giving those products a shot later this spring.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
So, tomorrow is the big day, I take delivery of my ITS sometime around noon.
I decided Ill go get the tints done Monday morning and while I am there, I am going to talk to him about both the PPF and body paint prep work.

See he quoted me $750 to do the ppf including prep for the front bumper, and then he later quoted me $600 too prep the whole car so I could apply the ceramic myself.

I'm going to offer him $1k to do both, since he has to prep the area anyway, maybe I can get that 1350 down a little, anyway I am planning to do that in 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I want to buy the oil and filter I am going to use after this weekend when I hit 1000 miles and a couple tanks of gas, so while I am out breaking in the car, I will run some errands, I have the next 4 days off to get used to the car.

I need to get some car wash soap, and towels, sponges etc.. but it has been a minute since I last did this and things keep changing.

I used to use leather shammy's to dry, now they use microfiber I think?

01.) Where do you guys buy your supplies for washing your car?

02.) Do you order online or do you go to a local shop?

I'm thinking based on what everyone has been using and is happy with, I will get what I need so when I wash the car and use my power washer for the first time and foam cannon and all that I will have everything I need.

03.) Any product suggestions for basic car wash soap and sponge type or brand for washing the car?

04.) what is best for drying these days?

The only other thing will be the ceramic coat I'll buy some next week, since I am not doing it for a couple weeks.
I got a few suggestions the other day that I haven't looked up yet, so I think I'm good on ceramic for now, but any info about the other stuff would be helpful.
I appreciate everyone's experience and suggestions.
It’s really suggested by Honda/Acura engineers to let the factory oil with added moly run to around 5k before changing. My first oil analysis came back normal at 5400 miles. Waiting to get the second one back that was around 4500 miles.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
PPF anxiety is real, and it gets worse the longer you're on these forums. The reality though? Only people on the forums are the ones obsessed with PPF. Typical people aren't actively going out and buying it unless it's upsold through the dealer. Why? Because it's outrageously expensive, for not really that much net gain. It's literally invisible plastic.

Only do PPF if it sincerely gives you peace of mind that justifies the cost. You've survived this long on other cars without it. You don't have to listen to us!

As for car wash supplies, there are tons of options out there. I've been using AMMO NYC for years and am quite pleased, but you can't really go wrong with Chemical Guys or Griot's Garage, and with Griot's you can shoot down to a local AutoZone (or maybe Advanced...) and pick most of their stuff up. Other "comprehensive" options are Adam's Polishes or if you want to get serious I've started looking at Esoteric lately. I've spoken to the owner of Esoteric and he is a consummate pro and is trying to spread that knowledge so I'm going to start giving those products a shot later this spring.
I picked up the Griots for use with a foam cannon thing and a few microfibers and sponges.
I haven't even opened the washer yet, and obviously have never used it so that will be Sunday, it is supposed to rain all day here tomorrow so Sunday if it is nice, ill wash the car.

I decided to ask the detail guy when he is tinting my windows, about doing ppf for the bumper and car prep for 1k$ and if he goes for it, ill plan it for two weeks from now, and then, I'll order some ceramic to have for when they are done.
I added car seat covers tonight to preserve the stock seats.

432779896_390330287043766_8666265043655885759_n.jpg

432863854_397033303066616_6104296622375681624_n.jpg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I picked up the Griots for use with a foam cannon thing and a few microfibers and sponges.
I haven't even opened the washer yet, and obviously have never used it so that will be Sunday, it is supposed to rain all day here tomorrow so Sunday if it is nice, ill wash the car.

I decided to ask the detail guy when he is tinting my windows, about doing ppf for the bumper and car prep for 1k$ and if he goes for it, ill plan it for two weeks from now, and then, I'll order some ceramic to have for when they are done.
I added car seat covers tonight to preserve the stock seats.

432779896_390330287043766_8666265043655885759_n.jpg

432863854_397033303066616_6104296622375681624_n.jpg
Oh those are nice. What brand? I have cloth ones that resemble a towel🤣. Ugly gray but it keeps gym sweat off of the seats.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
OP, get spome of those clear seat covers like old folks used on their couches back in the 70's and 80's. LOL. At least you can see the stock seats through them. LOL.

Honestly those are decent looking covers. Hope you are enjoying your car! I'm still in Honeymoon phase after 5 months.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Oh those are nice. What brand? I have cloth ones that resemble a towel🤣. Ugly gray but it keeps gym sweat off of the seats.
coverado seat covers, they pull over like a shirt, no straps on the sides, they come with separate uppers, lowers and head rests.
The only issue is I can't get my giant hands along the sides or under to secure the small anchor straps, so until I figure that out, they are only fitted on there, the backs are fantastic, the seat part is excellent, but I worry it will move or shift with enough use until it gets strapped, but so far, so good, I do love the look of them, they match the car and protect my stock seats and the heated seats work with them on
Amazon.com : coverado seat covers

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
OP, get spome of those clear seat covers like old folks used on their couches back in the 70's and 80's. LOL. At least you can see the stock seats through them. LOL.

Honestly those are decent looking covers. Hope you are enjoying your car! I'm still in Honeymoon phase after 5 months.
LOL, Actually, the stock seats aren't "black enough" for my taste, more of a dark grey, so these covers bring the black and the red piping makes it all pop, I love them.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Coverado brand, they make several levels of seat covers, these were front seats only, head rest, upper, and lower seat cushion, they run around 110.00 which is the less expensive version, as they have others that can get over 199.
I am an Amazon reviewer, so I got them for free, well I get taxed on them, but I didn't have to pay for them up front, so I gave them a shot, I actually ordered 6 or 8 sets to find this set to be my favorite.

OP
OP
lumper

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Where can I find the build date for my car?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
sticker on door jamb? not sure if it has the day though. I think it's just month and year, right?