• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wipers activated when stop button is pressed

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Hi,

Recently I noticed something strange. On a dry day, when I arrive home and turn off the car the wipers are activated for one round right after I press the start/stop button. It's random, and doesn't happen every time/day. My wipers control position is "auto". It doesn't happen when wipers control position is "off".

Can it be an issue with a sensor? I doubt it's a feature. Anyone else noticed similar issue?

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I noticed that when I start the car, wipers will go down as low as possible automatically.

It is kind of stupid when freezing temps are present, especially when there was rain and then freezing temps. Wipers will try to move but are frozen to the windshield...

Also stupid that you can't lift the wipers when they are in their resting position as they will hit the hood. So if you ever lift them up, don't forget to lower them before starting the car, otherwise they will hit the hood!

OP
OP

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Is there any documentation about it? I really want to avoid a visit to a dealership.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
By "one round" do you mean they make a full pass across the windshield?

-G

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
I see, yes very strange. They should not operate like that...

Upon start up they will move slightly, dropping to a lower position on the windshield to just below the hood line for aerodynamic and MPG benefits(so they say) but that's it. They should not be making a full sweep across the windshield like you say they are...

Might be a stupid question but, you're not hitting the wiper stalk with your hand when reaching for the Start/Stop button are you?

-G

OP
OP

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Attaching a short video.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Take it to your dealer.

-G

OP
OP

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
Thanks for the responses. Dealer it is.

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
Odd...mine did that today too. Never done it before. I had just come from the car wash, so I figured maybe some water had blown up on the sensor and activated the wipers. But it only did it when I turned the car off.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I think mine did that once or twice. Maybe the rain sensor is dirty?

OP
OP

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
I think mine did that once or twice. Maybe the rain sensor is dirty?
If it’s dirty, I would expect the wipers to operate on “auto” blades control mode.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
If it’s dirty, I would expect the wipers to operate on “auto” blades control mode.
Possibly but I wonder if the sensitivity is different in those power states? Could be a quick test and scrub the windshield to see if there is an improvement.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
this is supposed to be a feature when you turn off the car the wiper blades pivot from the lowest position. One reason is to prevent sticking to the windshield and then it allows you to change the wiper blades.

your wiper blades may have an alignment issue causing it to go the full travel motion upon turn off.

Lift the anchor covers and check the nuts for proper tightening. They should have a preset position when turning car on and off. If you have to lift them up then reseat them and tighten nuts down. Run the wipers again and verify that it stops with the pivots in the down position. Put everything back together.

if this is an issue bring it to dealer and have them align them according to factory position as designed