• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wipers activated when stop button is pressed

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I made the mistake of opening the hood with the wiper arms up after I had been cleaning the car.
Arms tore right through the newly applied Xpel PPF.
Here's the somewhat convoluted procedure to move the arms up out of the way from the hood line.

Screenshot_20231221_120614_OneDrive.jpg

OP
OP

edido

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS (TEP)
I've got a response from my dealer.

Attached is a snip of how the wiper system works on Integra Type-S. Reading the description it looks like the wipers are programmed to not stop in the same location every time the car is turned off in an effort to extend the life of the wiper blade. The system has it’s own logic and it is determining where to stop the wiper blade when the car is turned off. So when the car is turned off the system determines if the resting position should be upper or lower based on the last time the car was turned off. if the wipers are not resting in the correct position based on the computer logic the single wipe that you are experiencing is to change the rest position of the wiper.

image001.png
image002.png

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
^^
This is completely stupid in freezing climates. This will in term destroy the wiper blades and wiper motor when wiper are frozen on the windshield.

Starting to consider leaving them in the maintenance position when there is a risk that they freeze on the windshield...

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
^^
This is completely stupid in freezing climates. This will in term destroy the wiper blades and wiper motor when wiper are frozen on the windshield.

Starting to consider leaving them in the maintenance position when there is a risk that they freeze on the windshield...
Agreed.

You'd be smart to do that, I can imagine up north where you're at, freezing temps are the norm.

-G