• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Current guess…
- Base: Civic’s 6M and CVT, for cost and flexibility, they want to snag as many potential buyers as possible into the brand
- A Spec: 10A, little benefit of a 6M at a largely cosmetic trim level, DCT is aging and they don’t seem to be investing in it
- Type S: 6M and maybe 10A, if they pick one trans I can’t see them excluding the 6M and that performance brand image, wouldn’t be surprised to see the 10A also added for a larger audience appeal and real perf gains
Whatever the base Integra gets for powertrain the A-Spec will get it as well. 10AT can not link up to the 1.5T. That transmission was made for the 2.0T and V6 engines. On the Type S front im hearing more and more that it won’t come with a 6 speed. It could be because of conflict between the CTR and Integra Type S.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Whatever the base Integra gets for powertrain the A-Spec will get it as well. 10AT can not link up to the 1.5T. That transmission was made for the 2.0T and V6 engines. On the Type S front im hearing more and more that it won’t come with a 6 speed. It could be because of conflict between the CTR and Integra Type S.
DCT would be a deal braker for me.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I’m pretty sure that the base will end up getting the CVT from Civic.
That would be a deal breaker for me tho :(
I don’t know, maybe I should give it a try.
Maxima’s CVT wasn’t tooo bad and Hyundai taught me how crappy DCT can be too so we’ll see.
I’ve been doing some research this morning. I can’t find a vehicle over like 26k that uses a CVT. Everything in the 29k+ range all go to DCT. I don’t think there’s any possibility that the $30k base integra uses a CVT. It would devalue the brand as a CVT isn’t performance oriented any way you dress it up.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yes they still do. The 8dct is indeed amazing but it’s only for FWD 2.5T and 3 N models.
1.6T sport compacts still come with the 7dct.
Eewww. That’s gross. I was looking around this morning at Kia Soul’s and saw the 1.6T with 7dct on their top trim. Instant turn off. I’d rather the motor with less power and CVT than use that transmission (although the 1.6T is a fun little motor).

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I’ve been doing some research this morning. I can’t find a vehicle I’ve like 26k that uses a CVT. Everything in the 29k+ range all go to DCT. I don’t think there’s any possibility that the $30k base integra uses a CVT. It would devalue the brand as a CVT isn’t performance oriented any way you dress it up.
Agreed. As I've mentioned there's little wrong with the current DCT in the ILX... we know it can handle the amount of power this car is going to have (and I'm sure more), is basically already bought and paid for thanks to its long run in multiple models (means little to no new R&D needed other than small revisions, which would have to happen to get the CVT up to snuff anyway). It has more of a performance oriented ability and reputation, and helps to further distance the Integra from it's civic cousin.

Coming from a CVT in my past 3 cars, Honda makes one of the better CVTs... and it does link up well to the 1.5T as it allows the car to constantly pull within it's optimal powerband making for smooth seamless acceleration, with albeit a less than desirable sound. I think the 10-speed auto acura uses is too many gears for the 1.5T making only around 200hp, and is better suited to higher output applications. The DCT in my mind just makes the most sense from a marketing, engineering, and cost efficiency perspective. But i suppose it's all what Honda and the bean counters allow acura to do.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Just the opposite for me lol, it’s the exact reason I’m waiting for the type S, I don’t want a stick so type R is out for me lol
I don't want race seats.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Just the opposite for me lol, it’s the exact reason I’m waiting for the type S, I don’t want a stick so type R is out for me lol
Hopefully both are an option. The type-s used to be exclusively a manual. When I bought mine in 2003 I considered the base because I didn’t know how to drive manual back then. But I went for the type s anyway and forced myself to learn. The tlx type s is obviously only auto. The world has changed its definition of what is a performance transmission. But it goes to show their line of thought. And another reason why the base won’t have a CVT.

Hopefully they will give the type s the 10sp that already mates to the 2.0T and also a 6sp manual that does as well. But as already mentioned, a manual type s might be thought as to close of a competitor to the CTR.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Makes sense to probably keep the CVT on the A-Spec… keep costs down.

As for the conflict with the CTR on the Type S /w 6M, if they skip it it’ll likely be more about cost than CTR. That’s a small target audience and there’d only be a subset of them interested in the heavier/tamer Type S.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Makes sense to probably keep the CVT on the A-Spec… keep costs down.

As for the conflict with the CTR on the Type S /w 6M, if they skip it it’ll likely be more about cost than CTR. That’s a small target audience and there’d only be a subset of them interested in the heavier/tamer Type S.
It could be a bit of both. As for now that’s what I heard. We should see production versions soon hopefully because we need to see it in Production colors other then yellow. Also eager to see the Type S of course. I’m hoping we see those spy shots of it soon. I just find it funny that we only ever got about four spy shots before the reveal which is crazy to think.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I’ve been doing some research this morning. I can’t find a vehicle over like 26k that uses a CVT. Everything in the 29k+ range all go to DCT. I don’t think there’s any possibility that the $30k base integra uses a CVT. It would devalue the brand as a CVT isn’t performance oriented any way you dress it up.
You really don't have to go too far to find a couple. Honda's very own 2022 Civic Touring sedan and Sport Touring hatch both fall in that 29K range and both come with a CVT.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
It could be a bit of both. As for now that’s what I heard. We should see production versions soon hopefully because we need to see it in Production colors other then yellow. Also eager to see the Type S of course. I’m hoping we see those spy shots of it soon. I just find it funny that we only ever got about four spy shots before the reveal which is crazy to think.
I could see it in terms of them wanting to keep them separate wrt public perception… despite the cars likely feeling very different even if the both had manuals.

We very much need to see it in other production colors. It would’ve been a lot easier to forgive the decals if they’d done 2 prototypes… the one we saw and another without decals in say the TLX blue or Tiger eye.

It is crazy how little we’ve seen and how little we’ve been told. With any luck supply chain and chip supply issues will improve between now and release date… it’s the only thing keeping me going :)

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I could see it in terms of them wanting to keep them separate wrt public perception… despite the cars likely feeling very different even if the both had manuals.

We very much need to see it in other production colors. It would’ve been a lot easier to forgive the decals if they’d done 2 prototypes… the one we saw and another without decals in say the TLX blue or Tiger eye.

It is crazy how little we’ve seen and how little we’ve been told. With any luck supply chain and chip supply issues will improve between now and release date… it’s the only thing keeping me going :)
I suspect that it will and when Supply Chain is back to normal there will be a huge influx of cars at dealerships that can hardly keep them on the lot.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Idk about you guys but I’m really just burnt out over this. They did it with the civic too. I just want the bulk of the details released together so I can make a choice in a bad market.