Sponsored

Who wants a loud exhaust? (Apparently us sadists and psychos)

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
Some may fit the bill, many will be stereotyped here. I would bet with the proliferation of quiet electric cars this stands out as more of an issue. I would also bet that the electric car buyer has more bias against louder ICE cars. I also wonder if they are hypocritical in their criticism against this specific form of noise but have things like construction noise all around them all day that they let go. I also don't think that an Integra Type S or say a Hyundai Elantra N with their stock exhausts should be considered in this category.

OP
OP
ITSDAD

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Some may fit the bill, many will be stereotyped here. I would bet with the proliferation of quiet electric cars this stands out as more of an issue. I would also bet that the electric car buyer has more bias against louder ICE cars. I also wonder if they are hypocritical in their criticism against this specific form of noise but have things like construction noise all around them all day that they let go. I also don't think that an Integra Type S or say a Hyundai Elantra N with their stock exhausts should be considered in this category.
Totally, its interesting that you mention EV bias that sounds totally plausible. The prof that conducted the study absolutely sounds like she had a bias. It just never occured to me that having a preference for a louder exhaust could ever label someone a sadist or psycho lol. Also seems like there is a large majority of us on the forum over 40, to me this study is complete BS. However an interesting topic of conversation.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
There's a clear and distinct difference from enthusiasts who enjoy a good exhaust note and idiots who rev their fart cans in parking lots.

edit- also boomers with open header muscle cars, also toothless hillbilly coal-rollers with 5" diesel exhausts.

Another study should be performed to correlate this loud exhaust fuckery with the possession of a micropenis.

OP
OP
ITSDAD

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
There's a clear and distinct difference from enthusiasts who enjoy a good exhaust note and idiots who rev their fart cans in parking lots.

edit- also boomers with open header muscle cars, also toothless hillbilly coal-rollers with 5" diesel exhausts.

Another study should be performed to correlate this loud exhaust fuckery with the possession of a micropenis.
Agreed, the article paints a completely biased, generalized picture of the enthusiast scene, had me wondering if I were potentially a sadist or a psychopath for a split second tho hahaha.

Sponsored

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Some stellar reportage from our beloved public broadcaster. At least they consulted an enthusiast from the other end of the spectrum for the counter-point. Telling is the fact that this prof only polled undergrad business students, which is likely where the psychopathy and sadism have their roots.

OP
OP
ITSDAD

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Some stellar reportage from our beloved public broadcaster. At least they consulted an enthusiast from the other end of the spectrum for the counter-point. Telling is the fact that this prof only polled undergrad business students, which is likely where the psychopathy and sadism have their roots.
Slow canadian news day 🤣😂

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
For our southern brothers and sisters here, "beloved broadcaster" is pure sarcasm. Think NPR but on woke steroids of "Won't someone think of the children" and "I'd like to speak to the manager"

If anything this is pure propaganda put out by the Canadian Ministry of Truth, intended to vilify the remaining gear heads who will not go silently into the night as they force us into electric golf carts that won't have the range nor capability of escaping their 15 minute cities.

Sure I'm being hyperbolic but these days, I don't feel like it's by much.

OP
OP
ITSDAD

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
For our southern brothers and sisters here, "beloved broadcaster" is pure sarcasm. Think NPR but on woke steroids of "Won't someone think of the children" and "I'd like to speak to the manager"

If anything this is pure propaganda put out by the Canadian Ministry of Truth, intended to vilify the remaining gear heads who will not go silently into the night as they force us into electric golf carts that won't have the range nor capability of escaping their 15 minute cities.

Sure I'm being hyperbolic but these days, I don't feel like it's by much.
lol so true, the embodiment of every suburbanite Karen walking her dog with a pitch fork and torch. Guess gear heads are just the latest on the chopping block.

Souk24nior

First Name
Souk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 integra
In my psychology classes, we did a lot of study on "study's" and what they use to measure those so called study's.

For example, in the summer, crime and ice cream sales go up. For any random out there, all you have to say is "study suggest that crime and ice cream sales are related." In actuality, it's not related but rather correlated. Both are causes of summer time heat.

What I'm saying is, if you really wanted to, you can do any study and isolate whatever causation you want, and with most people (idiots) they'll read the headline rather than do more research, take it and regurgitate it to their other friends, rinse and repeat.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ITSDAD

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
In my psychology classes, we did a lot of study on "study's" and what they use to measure those so called study's.

For example, in the summer, crime and ice cream sales go up. For any random out there, all you have to say is "study suggest that crime and ice cream sales are related." In actuality, it's not related but rather correlated. Both are causes of summer time heat.

What I'm saying is, if you really wanted to, you can do any study and isolate whatever causation you want, and with most people (idiots) they'll read the headline rather than do more research, take it and regurgitate it to their other friends, rinse and repeat.
This is totally insightful, which is absolutely why I take zero stock in social media, or "news" nowadays. Just nice to have the discussion lol

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

If only everyone fully realized these words.
Sponsored