• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Value of the Integra Type S

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Interesting response....

No. I'm not suggesting anyone run to a German brand. I wouldn't.

I'm not the target demographic? Are you sure?
Please educate me on the target demographic.

I agree that Acura will sell every Type-S they build. I do believe this vehicle 'should' have come with an MSRP of $48K. My original MSRP estimate was $48-52K. With this announcement, I'm certainly not in a hurry to pull the trigger. I may just wait for my GR Corolla 'Circuit Edition' to arrive or, talk my better half into the CT4-V Blackwing (which actually is a bargain at a $65K starting price). I'm just not sure at this point. Luckily, I have plenty of time to make a decision.

PS. And, you should have bought a 911. The 718 isn't a Porsche. ;)
See you on Rennlist.

Mike
First of all- and I'll own this, I could have been more articulate in my response- I was addressing the "general audience" in the latter part of my post. I don't think you fall in that group... do you? Maybe you are the target demographic... maybe not... but my response to what I quoted from you was pretty specifically around your weird hangup with the letters R vs S. I then pivoted with zero indication that I wasn't referencing you specifically anymore... so yeah you can ignore the rest.

Unless the shoe fits...?

As for your attempt at a cheap shot with the 911 vs 718 thing, try again-

911.jpg

Been there, done that.

(I do really miss this car, I shouldn't have gotten rid of it... but I have more fun in the 718. I have my reasons)

I guess you're trying to troll but if you really think a 718 "isn't a Porsche"... I'm not going to attempt to educate you. Good luck with your worldview if that's really your stance!

The ITS seats are nothing like the TLX seats.
I can't tell if you're being facetious. I've never sat in a TLX or an Integra, but how would you know, regardless? Serious question, because I see a lot of hate generated from people seeing pictures of the seats without sitting in them. I think that's ridiculous. You really can't tell how a seat feels without not only sitting in them, but spending a fair amount of time in them. I'd say more than a lengthy test drive... at least an hour. At least. And I refuse to believe otherwise. But are the TLX seats good? You seem pretty confident that there's an obvious difference- can you elaborate? I too am genuinely curious about the seats...

Also, I think there's a slide circulating that pretty much confirms they are Integra seats, but with added bolstering. No one knows how these seats are going to feel right now outside of Acura test drivers and maybe a few journalists.

I will concede (as I have before on this forum I'm sure), I would have liked to have seen the CTR seats, and it is a significant detriment for this car vs the CTR. But I don't think bucket seats are mandatory for what I'll be using the car for so I can live without them- assuming the seats are at least tolerable.

I will also concede I flat out don't like the two-tone and will be getting all black interior, and that is mandatory.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Interesting response....

No. I'm not suggesting anyone run to a German brand. I wouldn't.

I'm not the target demographic? Are you sure?
Please educate me on the target demographic.

I agree that Acura will sell every Type-S they build. I do believe this vehicle 'should' have come with an MSRP of $48K. My original MSRP estimate was $48-52K. With this announcement, I'm certainly not in a hurry to pull the trigger. I may just wait for my GR Corolla 'Circuit Edition' to arrive or, talk my better half into the CT4-V Blackwing (which actually is a bargain at a $65K starting price). I'm just not sure at this point. Luckily, I have plenty of time to make a decision.

PS. And, you should have bought a 911. The 718 isn't a Porsche. ;)
See you on Rennlist.

Mike
speaking of rennlist .. why don't you keep that **** measuring stuff for that forum, lol. i've had my 718 for about a year and although i'm about to move on ... it's definitely as good or better than any of the 911s i've driven (save the GT3) for driving bliss. 911s are fantastic cars too, but the boxster 4.0 that this guy has is one of the sweetest modern cars to take on a backroad cruise. most of the modern 911s have gotten a little chunky (and turbo-y ... blah ... the sounds is just gonnnneeee) which makes them smoother, and super fast, but a bit less engaging for an enthusiast. in a world where we have cayennes and macans, the 718 is very much a real Porsche... 718 with a turbo grossed me out .. i had a 718 S with the 2.0L but dumped it after a month because it blew sound at Laguna Seca (yes, a stock 2.5ishL 4 cyl blew sound on a 92dB day!!) and it irritated me so much i had to trade out of it. it was quick and smooth power delivery, but just didn't make nice sounds which is a big part of the experience for me. the GT4 makes so many nice sounds and the manual/clutch are amazing.

annnnyway. i was thinking about the target demographic today. if so many people bail due to ~5% increase in price (some folks were saying $46k which was bogus, most were thinking "sub-50k" ... I expected it to eek over $50k based on the Si/Integra differential), then the forum's perception of the target audience must not really be the bean counters' target audience, it seems. the target demo is the group that will find value in what Acura is selling, at least enough so that they'll actually purchase the car... so if you don't find value in what they're selling ... then you ain't the target :) ... not to say you COULDN'T afford it .. just prefer not to and there is no disrespect meant. but if you're like "this car isn't for me, at least not at that price", don't you think that's evidence that you're not of the target group? i shouldn't speak for someone else, but that's all that the guy *may* have meant. or maybe 718 guys just stick together lol.... (don't worry, i'm gunning for a 992.2 GT3, i don't discriminate).

i did think it might be amusing if the ITS ends up sitting on lots ... or CTRs .... but i doubt it.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
This guy sat in the seats and says it feels like the Aspec seats 9:50 mark

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
speaking of rennlist .. why don't you keep that **** measuring stuff for that forum, lol. i've had my 718 for about a year and although i'm about to move on ... it's definitely as good or better than any of the 911s i've driven (save the GT3) for driving bliss. 911s are fantastic cars too, but the boxster 4.0 that this guy has is one of the sweetest modern cars to take on a backroad cruise. most of the modern 911s have gotten a little chunky (and turbo-y ... blah ... the sounds is just gonnnneeee) which makes them smoother, and super fast, but a bit less engaging for an enthusiast. in a world where we have cayennes and macans, the 718 is very much a real Porsche... 718 with a turbo grossed me out .. i had a 718 S with the 2.0L but dumped it after a month because it blew sound at Laguna Seca (yes, a stock 2.5ishL 4 cyl blew sound on a 92dB day!!) and it irritated me so much i had to trade out of it. it was quick and smooth power delivery, but just didn't make nice sounds which is a big part of the experience for me. the GT4 makes so many nice sounds and the manual/clutch are amazing.

annnnyway. i was thinking about the target demographic today. if so many people bail due to ~5% increase in price (some folks were saying $46k which was bogus, most were thinking "sub-50k" ... I expected it to eek over $50k based on the Si/Integra differential), then the forum's perception of the target audience must not really be the bean counters' target audience, it seems. the target demo is the group that will find value in what Acura is selling, at least enough so that they'll actually purchase the car... so if you don't find value in what they're selling ... then you ain't the target :) ... not to say you COULDN'T afford it .. just prefer not to and there is no disrespect meant. but if you're like "this car isn't for me, at least not at that price", don't you think that's evidence that you're not of the target group? i shouldn't speak for someone else, but that's all that the guy *may* have meant. or maybe 718 guys just stick together lol.... (don't worry, i'm gunning for a 992.2 GT3, i don't discriminate).

i did think it might be amusing if the ITS ends up sitting on lots ... or CTRs .... but i doubt it.
I mentioned this in another thread- CTR and ITS buyer demographics will sometimes skew much wealthier than your typical $50k sporty car buyer. Because cars today are so blah and numb.

EPS is mostly terrible, and even most manuals just donā€™t feel right. Iā€™m not even a fan of the ā€˜bolt actionā€™ shift feel in modern Porches. Clutch take up is great but I miss the mild ā€˜playā€™ thatā€™s in my 993 and 996 shifters. Those cars have just the right amount of power too.

I canā€™t go out and buy a new E46 to beat on every day, but this is sort of a similar idea.

I think there are many people in my demographic who feel the same- like the kid who finally showed up when the party was already over. Man, if I could go back 20 years, Iā€™d be in car heaven.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I can't tell if you're being facetious. I've never sat in a TLX or an Integra, but how would you know, regardless? Serious question, because I see a lot of hate generated from people seeing pictures of the seats without sitting in them. I think that's ridiculous. You really can't tell how a seat feels without not only sitting in them, but spending a fair amount of time in them. I'd say more than a lengthy test drive... at least an hour. At least. And I refuse to believe otherwise. But are the TLX seats good? You seem pretty confident that there's an obvious difference- can you elaborate? I too am genuinely curious about the seats...

Also, I think there's a slide circulating that pretty much confirms they are Integra seats, but with added bolstering. No one knows how these seats are going to feel right now outside of Acura test drivers and maybe a few journalists.
A. The seats look nothing alike. One can simply look at the ITS seats to see that they are not the TLX seats

B. In the marketing materials, they point to stiffer bolstering materials. Not a different design, just stiffer bolstering (which is needed, because the regular Integra bolstering is soft like a couch cushion).

C. As a current TLX owner, and having sat in the Integra multiple times, including driving one, I personally didn't find the Integra seats as comfortable. The stiffer foam bolstering will help keep you in place more than the stock seats, it doesn't address the underlying design.

D. The TLX-S seats at 16-way power adjusting, with power thigh extension, lumbar support, and side bolster. The ITS seats are 12-way power, with no thigh extension or power side bolster.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I can only go from pictures cause I never sat in a integra but they look like bench seats, not a performance ones. 50k+ Type R seats covered in leather is expected.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I can only go from pictures cause I never sat in a integra but they look like bench seats, not a performance ones. 50k+ Type R seats covered in leather is expected.
I don't think having type r seats as a daily would be comfortable unless you are a slim individual.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I don't think having type r seats as a daily would be comfortable unless you are a slim individual.
Type R seats was comfortable for me but I'm 5'11 and 12% bodyfat. I want special seats in a special car, not something you'd get in a camry.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Type R seats was comfortable for me but I'm 5'11 and 12% bodyfat. I want special seats in a special car, not something you'd get in a camry.
Yeah that's pretty lean.
I know Topher likes his as a DD but he's under 150lbs or something.
The only sport seats I have sat in were the Recaro seats in a Focus ST and it was tight and pushed my shoulders forward.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah that's pretty lean.
The only sport seats I have sat in were the Recaro seats in a Focus ST and it was tight and pushed my shoulders forward.
I sat in those recaros and they were not comfortable, test drove a fiesta st and RS. It had a awkward seating position. However the recaros in the evo 9's were so comfotable and it cradled me like a mother holding a baby. So really really depends on the seat. I've only sat in the FL5 seats at the dealer but from a short seat time, it felt great. I haven't sat in a Elantra N either but those seats just look special, especially how much it costs.

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
Yeah that's pretty lean.
The Type R seats were the best I've ever sat in which is surprising based on the amount of bolstering but I will freely admit that larger folks probably would feel differently about them

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
First of all- and I'll own this, I could have been more articulate in my response- I was addressing the "general audience" in the latter part of my post. I don't think you fall in that group... do you? Maybe you are the target demographic... maybe not... but my response to what I quoted from you was pretty specifically around your weird hangup with the letters R vs S. I then pivoted with zero indication that I wasn't referencing you specifically anymore... so yeah you can ignore the rest.
Sorry. I had to. I was well aware of the forthcoming response. ;)

Iā€™ll save my next 718 outburst for Rennlist.

And, yes, I fit the target demographic. However, if that demographic excludes me from cross shopping alternative brands looking for the best value, then no, Iā€™m not the target demographic.

Mike

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)

You guys do stick together, lol
Here and on Rennlist

I havenā€™t owned any of the 718 variants but, Iā€™ve driven most. They are impressive and extremely fun to drive.

Back to the ITSā€¦.

Mike