• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Value of the Integra Type S

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
The ITS value for me is in the fun to drive factor. I'm not looking for a track machine so a CTR with some additional creature comfort for daily drive fits the bill for me. In fact I would have been happy with CTR as is if I can buy it at MSRP. Since that's not likely to happen in the near future I'm happy to take the ITS at a little premium over the CTR's MSRP. Anything higher than $47-48k including destination would push me to pursuit other options.

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
Yeah I recall the sport line coming out in eu, it looked more like a standard hatch right? I think my type R had touring on the title so I'm not sure if they all sold as "touring" models?
Yea, sport line has small low wing and a lot less red.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
GRC is also on my list since it's just a pure sports car that has usable rear room and hatch. No it's not large when comparing to large cars but it is larger when comparing to BRZ, Z, Miata, or supra. The interior is basic and many plastic pieces but they are not flimsy, won't rattle, and built to last a long time. All at starting 36k. And with lsd package 38k. I am on msrp list and really asking myself is the extra 10k worth it when I could put it toward an electric car with the comfort features. Heck, for 39k, it will comes with heated seats and steering wheel. If you get a chance, suggest watching repair nut that reviews the GRC from mechanics point of view.
The GRC was never on my radar for a number of reasons. Rear legroom is an abysmal 29.9", it's literally useless. Interior is bargain-basement cheap in terms of the materials. But, if you can get one at $38k with an LSD, it's not terrible, provided you can live with the non-existent rear seats and econo-box interior.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
If they had to design new full leather seats with all the features plus enough bolstering to support over a G in corners are buyers okay adding another 1-2k onto msrp? That's my point, they add weight and cost with each new piece designed and manufactured and then the complaint from us would just be that it's a 50k+ FWD car thats neither a performance car nor an audi tier luxury car
Just take the seats out of a TLX A-Spec/Type-S (they're the same seat, the Type-S just has an inflatable bolster which isn't needed).

The seats already exist, are real leather, and have heating and cooling. And, they already exist, no need to design a new seat.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Don't forget ithe ITS is only a 4 seater
Not an issue for me, becuase the middle seat in the TLX is useless. The bottom cushion sits a good 2-3" above the outboard seats, and the sloping roofline make it impossible to fit a human being on that middle "seat".

That being said, having an actual arm rest that folds down is nice for rear seat passengers, something that the ITS lacks.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
only time I've ever packed more than 4 people in a car in over 25 years of drivign is in homecoming when we fit like 8 people in my Neon.

Ricochet48

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX Type S
$47K-$48K the ITS makes a lot of sense. It's a decently powerful, somewhat premium, great handling, light enough, very usable liftback. Its standard features make it a deal over the M235i, S3, CLA, etc. The M2/340i is another story as those are way better performers but also $7-$12K more.

The TLX Type S has more creature comforts, seats 5, SH-AWD, and of course an auto trans. The 1,000lb extra weight is somewhat negated by the AWD, so straight line performance they will be fairly comparable.

As others have mentioned, if the ITS had AWD it would be much more attractive; however, this would put it too much in competition with the TLX Type S then. I still think the ITS will have a more premium trim released in a year or so though.

Personally the only feature I'm upset about is the sunroof. I'll add a the heated steering wheel option and USB port for the rear myself. I also hope the new Accord screen is added in a year or so as it's wider and crisper.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Isn't a debate around value pretty difficult without a definitive price? I think there's about $8,000 between the low-end and high-end of guesses across these threads.

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
I think the consensus is 48k, def under 50. Anything over 50 is suicide.
Agreed I'm hopelessly optimistic for 46k, I genuinely don't think there's too much more cost over the type R but I've been wrong many times

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Isn't a debate around value pretty difficult without a definitive price? I think there's about $8,000 between the low-end and high-end of guesses across these threads.
Iā€™m thinking $46-48k. We know itā€™s going to be more than the FL5, which is $45k.

Joe Raiti, who seems to be the only YT person who has any content about this car oddly enough, says his ā€œestimateā€ $47-48k (does he know something we donā€™t know, with all the time heā€™s got to spend with Acura filming about the car, just just canā€™t say the official number yet, so itā€™s his ā€œguessā€ what MSRP will be?)

Honestly, look at the car and what if offers over the CTR (not much) Iā€™m thinking $46-47k, plus $1,100 destination, drops you right in that $47-48k range. I just donā€™t see an abundance of features there to justify a price that is $5k+ more than a CTR.

Sphinx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
There comparisons to the aspec make zero sense to me. If that is a legit comparison, then someone can explain why the aspec 6psd deserves $5k over a civic si? That's over 15% price premium for a couple of luxury features.

The ITS compares only to the CTR. The question is whether for the better availability and the minor additional luxury touches it is worth it comparison to a CTR.

OP
OP
ijm5012

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
There comparisons to the aspec make zero sense to me. If that is a legit comparison, then someone can explain why the aspec 6psd deserves $5k over a civic si? That's over 15% price premium for a couple of luxury features.

The ITS compares only to the CTR. The question is whether for the better availability and the minor additional luxury touches it is worth it comparison to a CTR.
I said from the time that pricing was announced on the Integra, $37k for the A-Spec Tech was a crazy price relative to the Si at $28k. Of course, Honda couldn't figure out their supply chain, so Si's were scare while there were somehow an abundance of Integras, so with $5-6k of markup on an Si, which is what dealer's were doing, it changed the dynamics a bit, as you could get an Integra as MSRP for $37k vs. an Si with ADM for $33-34k.

I'd argue that there's $3-4k worth of value in an Integra over the Si (HUD, better interior color choices, ELS 3D, hatchback functionality vs. the sedan of an Si, etc.). But at MSRP, I don't think the Integra is worth $9k more than an Si.

Looking at the ITS vs the CTR/A-Spec Tech, the ITS loses some features that the $10k cheaper Integra has, doesn't get all the software stuff the CTR has (custom gauge cluster display, LogR feature), which is the whole point of my post: The ITS doesn't get an adundance of "premium" features over the CTR, and actually loses features on the A-Spec Tech, so when you take a step back and look at it, is there value for the ITS at $47-48k?