• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S vs Golf R

OP
OP

Teggy24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS300
Been resonating with these topics a bit more recently. I test drove a ‘22 golf r, ‘22 Elantra n, ‘20 fk8 recently and I have to say. I have to pick the fk8 over both of them. Golf r is a great balanced vehicle, great room like someone mentioned earlier and I really resonate with what mark said from savagegeese, it has a conflicting personality. Elantra n is seriously a value pick, best bang for the buck for performance and smiles. The fk8 just brought everything a notch for me.

Now we can’t test drive the ITS in Canada but I got to sit in one and play with it a bit. I did really enjoy it and this was literally moments after driving the fk8. It was definitely more luxurious and really brought up the standards but the seats were definitely no match between the ITS and FK8. The back headroom is seriously something to consider if you expect to have passengers regularly. I’m 6ft and i just fit. I also am concerned about the lift gate trunk as the bumper rides up way higher and people gotta really lift shit into it. I can’t say if the ITS is worth the price though. At 8% interest financing and a dealer applying protection packages for the car for the deal I have upcoming, it’s roughly $68-69k cad. It’s a whole lotta money for a car in this current economy. Financing is like $1400/mth for just car payments alone. I might just be more strapped on finances compared to the rest of you but recently debating whether to just grab the fk8 and play for a year or so and pop back into the ITS waitlist for a 2025 MY.
This is great insight. Do you recall any preferences on the Golf R seating vs the ITS? Something I’ve been curious to hear a firsthand perspective on

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
I’ve wondered if I could make it work between the facelift and wrapping the exterior red trim in black, still not sure I can get there…
Same, I love that Performance Blue, but that tacky red trim gotta go.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Been resonating with these topics a bit more recently. I test drove a ‘22 golf r, ‘22 Elantra n, ‘20 fk8 recently and I have to say. I have to pick the fk8 over both of them. Golf r is a great balanced vehicle, great room like someone mentioned earlier and I really resonate with what mark said from savagegeese, it has a conflicting personality. Elantra n is seriously a value pick, best bang for the buck for performance and smiles. The fk8 just brought everything a notch for me.

Now we can’t test drive the ITS in Canada but I got to sit in one and play with it a bit. I did really enjoy it and this was literally moments after driving the fk8. It was definitely more luxurious and really brought up the standards but the seats were definitely no match between the ITS and FK8. The back headroom is seriously something to consider if you expect to have passengers regularly. I’m 6ft and i just fit. I also am concerned about the lift gate trunk as the bumper rides up way higher and people gotta really lift shit into it. I can’t say if the ITS is worth the price though. At 8% interest financing and a dealer applying protection packages for the car for the deal I have upcoming, it’s roughly $68-69k cad. It’s a whole lotta money for a car in this current economy. Financing is like $1400/mth for just car payments alone. I might just be more strapped on finances compared to the rest of you but recently debating whether to just grab the fk8 and play for a year or so and pop back into the ITS waitlist for a 2025 MY.
The interest rates and the high price tag (especially with forced protection packages and/or accessories) means I won’t pick up the car unless I can pay in cash, or at least have a substantial down payment for it. If I can’t do that, then I’ll either keep saving up for a CTR/ITS, or even an ND3 or NE Miata.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
The interest rates and the high price tag (especially with forced protection packages and/or accessories) means I won’t pick up the car unless I can pay in cash, or at least have a substantial down payment for it. If I can’t do that, then I’ll either keep saving up for a CTR/ITS, or even an ND3 or NE Miata.
This will be a very smart decision for you to make. If you don’t have cash ready to go or a salary that can get you to pay it off within two years, the interest rates and financial implications can set you back for a lifetime

N4nn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS
This is great insight. Do you recall any preferences on the Golf R seating vs the ITS? Something I’ve been curious to hear a firsthand perspective on
Although there were a few weeks between being in either car, I’ll try to compare it lol. There was nothing really special about the feeling of the golf r seats. It was like all the other golf seats I’ve sat in so I didn’t really pay too much attention to it. Didn’t help that the sales guy was trying to talk about a bunch of things lol. I think the ITS seats felt better because of the material. I think the alcantara or whatever suede made a bit of difference in securing the body. Firmness was pretty similar. Lumbar was pretty meh in both. I had to adjust the lumbar setting in the ITS quite a bit to feel better. I feel like the ITS seats hugged just a bit tighter in the backing than the golf’s which I liked. Despite that, the ITS seats felt the same as the elite aspec seats the sales got me to try. The ITS seats were nothing to write home about either.

N4nn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS
The price tag wasn’t surprising but the interest rates seriously did lol. The forced packages are also killer. I’m meeting with that dealer to talk about it and crunch the financials and see how it goes. I may just walk out and decide to grab an FK8, honestly, just depends on what happens. I noticed a substantial down is really needed to lower your monthly or biweekly payments. I just don’t know if the opportunity cost of dumping it into the car is worth it lol.

This will be a very smart decision for you to make. If you don’t have cash ready to go or a salary that can get you to pay it off within two years, the interest rates and financial implications can set you back for a lifetime
Yea, honestly, crunched some numbers briefly noticed a 60mth term financing yields like $12k in interest. Kinda crazy

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
The price tag wasn’t surprising but the interest rates seriously did lol. The forced packages are also killer. I’m meeting with that dealer to talk about it and crunch the financials and see how it goes. I may just walk out and decide to grab an FK8, honestly, just depends on what happens. I noticed a substantial down is really needed to lower your monthly or biweekly payments. I just don’t know if the opportunity cost of dumping it into the car is worth it lol.

Yea, honestly, crunched some numbers briefly noticed a 60mth term financing yields like $12k in interest. Kinda crazy
Right, so a way of looking at it is if you have a working vehicle be patient. Instead of paying $5-10k markup, price may come back down and you could get lucky instead of paying $12k interest that’s possibly a $20k swing, a huge chunk of money

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Winter beater currently
Right, so a way of looking at it is if you have a working vehicle be patient. Instead of paying $5-10k markup, price may come back down and you could get lucky instead of paying $12k interest that’s possibly a $20k swing, a huge chunk of money
Yup I have a working vehicle with relatively low mileage for such an old car, so I could wait it out for a few years and see what the market, interest rates, personal finances are like.

The exception would be made for the FL5 though - if the dealer says my allocation is happening, I will make it work. Special car that will never tank in value, and I’ve been a Type R fanboy for most of my life.