• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S Steering Wheel Options

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
There are no screws on the outside of the steering wheel. You’ll find a tab that needs to be pushed. You can use a screw driver or small Allen wrench to push in and it will pop out the air bag on each side.
Interesting so it’s tabs on the sides of the wheel? All the videos I’ve seen are saying it’s 2 T30 screws on the side

Brodgo27

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Sorry if it is on here and I missed it but what is the torque settings for the steering wheel bolt? My alcantara steering wheel is due in Monday and I want to install it right away.
36 ft lbs

Brodgo27

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Interesting so it’s tabs on the sides of the wheel? All the videos I’ve seen are saying it’s 2 T30 screws on the side

It was screws on 10th gen civics. Tabs for 11th gen civics. Here’s a video for reference.

MidwestDE5

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra type s, 21 Audi A5, 15 GMC Sierra
It’s just holes with access to a spring tension wire molded into the wheel base. There is three pins sticking out of the back of the airbag. The wires snap into notches in each pin off the back of the air bag. You are just pushing the wire aside to let the pins pull clear of them.

LunaticSM

First Name
Dstyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LSM Integra Type S
It's not letting me post a photo, but last week I had the Canadian red stitching heated wheel put on my car. I bought the wheel from a member here. It's identical to the dealership installed wheel except that it has red accent stitching instead of black stitching.

When I bought my car I had the standard black stitch heated wheel installed by the dealership and I was disappointed when I picked the car up to see that the heated wheel didn't match the interior aesthetic of the car. I don't know why Acura doesn't make heated wheels with red or white accent stitching available for American dealerships, especially when they are already manufacturing them for the Canadian market.

If I didn't get a red stitch wheel here from another forum member I was going to try to get one from a Canadian dealership, which sounded like it was going to be a hassle because since covid they don't like to ship internationally.

My dealership installed my red stitch wheel for free because they were also adjusting the wheel alignment which was out of center and said they would throw on the red one for free. I have the black stitch heated wheel and the non-heated stock wheel now if anyone is interested in them, PM me.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
All these carbon fiber wheels look very similar... I wouldn't be surprised if the source for all of them is the same.
the source for all of them is the same: guangdong china lol

Would be curious to see photos if anyone pursues any of these options. Frustrating that Acura limits their stitching colors on the alternate wheels (black on the heated wheel; red on the alcantara)... I wanted the alcantara wheel, but I have an orchid interior w. white deviated stitching.
It's not letting me post a photo, but last week I had the Canadian red stitching heated wheel put on my car. I bought the wheel from a member here. It's identical to the dealership installed wheel except that it has red accent stitching instead of black stitching.

When I bought my car I had the standard black stitch heated wheel installed by the dealership and I was disappointed when I picked the car up to see that the heated wheel didn't match the interior aesthetic of the car. I don't know why Acura doesn't make heated wheels with red or white accent stitching available for American dealerships, especially when they are already manufacturing them for the Canadian market.

the whole color selection option in general with acura was frustrating, i really think they kinda screwed us with their baffling, needless color selection restriction. oh, did you want exterior color B, with interior color D? nope.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
the source for all of them is the same: guangdong china lol

the whole color selection option in general with acura was frustrating, i really think they kinda screwed us with their baffling, needless color selection restriction. oh, did you want exterior color B, with interior color D? nope.
Agreed. Additionally, there is no alcantara wheel for the Orchid interiors. It's pretty clear they borrowed accessories from the FL5 and Si, without developing any dedicated options.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
If anyone from Canada with Orchid interior wants to swap their heated wheel with orchid stitching for my perforated one with orchid stitching, hmu 😅