• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

type of gas

Rhm

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
04 vw
Will the type S require premium gas?

I contacted Acura and they wouldn't tell me because the car hasn't been released yet.
Doesn't seem like too top secret info to me

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I've heard that yes, at least 91. I thought that was true even on the standard integra. Pretty much any supercharger or turbocharged engine. I use 91-93 on all my vehicles anyway though. Even my full size truck.

You can verify on the CTR forums though. Same setup. All forced induction setups benefit from higher octane fuel.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I'll be using 87 octane......once I have the Water/Meth system installed

Mike

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'll be using 87 octane......once I have the Water/Meth system installed

Mike
Yeah!!!! I look forward to hearing about your numbers.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^^^
Just be forewarned, don't expect crazy HP/TQ improvements with my particular Water/Meth setup. I typically tune the Water/Meth as an octane supplement (much cheaper than race gas) for use with lower octane fuels and not for total power. I've done this for several of my street/track vehicles with great results.

Mike

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
^^^^
Just be forewarned, don't expect crazy HP/TQ improvements with my particular Water/Meth setup. I typically tune the Water/Meth as an octane supplement (much cheaper than race gas) for use with lower octane fuels and not for total power. I've done this for several of my street/track vehicles with great results.

Mike
Ah, ok. My dad does this with his forced induction classic cars for the 1/4 mile but he's going for max HP/TQ results. Maybe I misunderstood, but I believe he gets quite a bit of power out of the setup on the LS platform.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
The fueling page actually says 93 (!!) octane required.
The whole section is "fuel recommendation" and doesn't say required at all. You can pump 87 but it'll probably retard timing even more so than the 1.5. Most of you will be fine with 91.

Chingylingy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Depend on how long you planning on keeping the car. If your plan is to keep it for over 100k, better off pump some premium to make sure the reliability of the engine. Other wise, 87 since you will not be the one who dealing with the problem later down the road lol

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
^^^^

Mike
seems like a lot of work and tinkering for that result although sounds like you know what you're talking about!

so you use this setup to make 87 behave more like a 93+, 100?

i oftentimes see the guys at the track with a truckbed full of E85 cans and always think two things: 1) wow, no wonder that GT-R is so fast and, 2) i wonder if it would be that much slower on normal gas (91-ish) ... seems like a lot to go through but variety is the spice of life, so i'm not knocking it (engine pun).

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
seems like a lot of work and tinkering for that result although sounds like you know what you're talking about!

so you use this setup to make 87 behave more like a 93+, 100?

i oftentimes see the guys at the track with a truckbed full of E85 cans and always think two things: 1) wow, no wonder that GT-R is so fast and, 2) i wonder if it would be that much slower on normal gas (91-ish) ... seems like a lot to go through but variety is the spice of life, so i'm not knocking it (engine pun).
I have a hard time leaving things stock. Hell, I even Turbocharged my N/A diesel tractor, lol!

IMG_7991.jpeg

Makes 45% more power! :D

I’ve added Water/Meth injection to so many FI’d vehicles at this point, it just seems right. I’ll use 90% distilled water and 10% Meth (I’m really only after the octane boost. So I don’t use too much Meth because, Meth is additional fuel). Using 87 octane with the Water/Meth injection I should net 96-97 octane. It’s a simple and cheap mod so I don’t mind doing it.

Mike

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
The whole section is "fuel recommendation" and doesn't say required at all. You can pump 87 but it'll probably retard timing even more so than the 1.5. Most of you will be fine with 91.
I took this from the Honda site.

2.0 L engine models
Unleaded premium gasoline, pump octane number 93 or higher
Use of a lower octane gasoline can cause occasional metallic knocking noise in the engine and will result in decreased engine performance.
Use of a gasoline with a pump octane less than 87 can lead to engine damage.

I plan to run 93 since we don't have 91 here anymore that I can find, but looks as though they recommend it anyway.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I have a hard time leaving things stock. Hell, I even Turbocharged my N/A diesel tractor, lol!

Makes 45% more power! :D

I’ve added Water/Meth injection to so many FI’d vehicles at this point, it just seems right. I’ll use 90% distilled water and 10% Meth (I’m really only after the octane boost. So I don’t use too much Meth because, Meth is additional fuel). Using 87 octane with the Water/Meth injection I should net 96-97 octane. It’s a simple and cheap mod so I don’t mind doing it.

Mike
funny how everyone has their own recipe to take care of business ... i like your style!

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Hmm, 93 seems awful high. I am on a 93 tune right now, just throw in a few gallons of E85 with my 91 as 93 isn't available.