• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Traction Control button inoperative

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
So I probably should have called the dealer when I first noticed this....

The traction control button appears to be inoperative. Holding it down briefly, or even for over 10sec, doesn't cause a beep or the traction control light to come on. Doing the "pedal dance" has no effect (we should see "VSA" illuminate on the dash).

Has anyone seen this yet on their Type-S and or does anyone have a few seconds to test? Tomorrow's my first track day with the Type-S and I'd prefer not to burn through a set of rear brake pads if I can help it.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Both the traction control button and the pedal dance work for me. I much prefer the feedback I get with it off.

Needs3Pedals

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘06 Accord V6 6MT; ‘17 Frontier Pro4X 6MT; ‘24 ITS
Both the traction control button and the pedal dance work for me. I much prefer the feedback I get with it off.
Same here.

@Gregg good luck with it. I hope they get it sorted for you quickly.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Mine works. Tried it while driving and held it in for 3 seconds and it beeped and indicator was displayed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gregg

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
So first the good news...I didn't destroy a set of rear brake pads on track. ;)

I took the car to my dealer (Hendrick Acura in Charlotte, NC) and after explaining to my service writer that I know how the TC button operates and that I'm pretty capable of determining whether there's a beep and the TC light illuminates on the dash, he went to get the shop foreman.

The foreman concluded that, "Yes. you do know how the TC button works," and proceeded to crawl under the dash. He then concluded that mine was "either a Friday car or a Monday car" and plugged the dangling wiring harness connector into the back of the TC button.

Problem solved.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
He then concluded that mine was "either a Friday car or a Monday car" and plugged the dangling wiring harness connector into the back of the TC button.

Problem solved.
Just when I thought my apprehension of people from Ohio building my car was under control...

What happens when it's a Tuesday after Monday night football when the Browns or Bengals are playing?

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
So first the good news...I didn't destroy a set of rear brake pads on track. ;)

I took the car to my dealer (Hendrick Acura in Charlotte, NC) and after explaining to my service writer that I know how the TC button operates and that I'm pretty capable of determining whether there's a beep and the TC light illuminates on the dash, he went to get the shop foreman.

The foreman concluded that, "Yes. you do know how the TC button works," and proceeded to crawl under the dash. He then concluded that mine was "either a Friday car or a Monday car" and plugged the dangling wiring harness connector into the back of the TC button.

Problem solved.
great!

now tell us more about your track day!

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yeah @Gregg - maybe start a thread where we can all collaborate our track experiences? I would if I went to the track already 😄 probably not going to have time until later this year or spring really.