• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Integra is a major let down

zooka

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2022 RDX A-Spec
Yeah but a test drive is what, 10 minutes? While you’re driving a brand new car that’s unfamiliar, trying to take in what it has, how things work, etc. You don’t always get the full picture of your car on a test drive quite like owning one and living with it everyday. Hindsight is 20/20 too - and things I know now would have changed my decision.
I understand, one thing I learned awhile back after a bad decision is always test drive twice and have at least another vehicle or two included in your decision box. The good news is the integra get rather high trade value still.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I know this car won’t compare to a BMW, Lexus, or Audi but they’re not in the same price point. Say what you’re any about Kia but the Stinger is a much better car for the price, and comes with 300HP base. The Sonata N-Line, Camry TRD, and even the new Prius are faster and feel more refined. If you go slightly used, the Genesis G70, IS350, and such are better cars too.
Kia stinger is heavy and most complain about it's handling.

A3REDT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT, 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 6
O.P., I completely agree with most of your sentiments. I'd add that the engine doesn't feel or sound like a "luxury" powertrain.

It does seem like a brand claiming to be "premium" should be able to do better in the NVH and interior rattle departments.

BUT - I also understand that the car was built to meet a pretty low price point compared to a lot of the competition, and included features that a lot of the competition doesn't even offer. The only car I can think of that is a really close comparison is the Mazda 3, which my brother has and I can confidently say has fewer interior squeaks/rattles and less NVH. But it also has a stiffer ride and forced a low trim level to get the manual, so it has far fewer options.

I came out of a 2006 A3 6MT that we had nearly since new, and the Integra falls short in a lot of ways. That 2006 Audi had less interior squeaks/rattles and lower NVH at 140k than my Integra did at 5k. While they both had fairly similar HP/TQ ratings, the 2.0L in the Audi felt far stronger in every scenario, and sounded better. But Audi doesn't offer a manual A3 anymore, or a hatch, let alone both. Additionally, I spent easily double the MSRP on that car's maintenance over the 15 years we owned it, and I quite simply couldn't bring myself to spend serious money on another VW product. I loved that thing, but it seemed to always have something going wrong.

Point being, every car has some level of compromise to it. Cost, performance, size, quality, and comfort are pretty much all at odds with each other in every vehicle; and different manufacturers favor different strengths and weaknesses.

For me, the relatively poor NVH and a few rattles are far outweighed by the enjoyment of driving a manual with a limited-slip and ~3k lb curb weight with all the tech that this car has. I enjoy the wireless AA, sunroof, variable drive modes incl suspension, heated seats, automatic climate control, that awesome sound system, and the nice front seats. Oh, and I average 38MPG commuting. There are no other new cars in the Integras price range that can offer all of those features, and for that I think the few extra rattles and being a bit down on power are fairly small prices to pay.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
I’m starting to feel increasingly lucky about my Integra. The only rattle I had was the seat belt wall attachment. Nothing else.

However, this car sucks to have the windows down in. Rear seat belts flap around and the passenger seatbelt slaps the interior plastic even without a crosswind.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
It's always a trade off.
This.

I've driven mine for a year, but only 6000 miles. The only rattles I've observed is when the windows are down at highway speed it blows the seat belts around, I think. Pretty irritating, but I just roll the windows up.

Also I blew out the subwoofer early on, and that caused noises because of piped in sound. More buzz than rattle though. Dealer was unable to test and verify the speaker failed, but I could tell with my ears.

Other than that, it's overall tinny sounding. A big step down from my BMW and Saab. And even our RDX. So yeah it's a compromise to have a light great handling FWD hatch. Definitely more about the engagement than the luxury.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
My Focus has never rattled in the year we’ve owned it.

both my 10th gen Civics buzzed and rattled a lot even in the first year, as did my old GSR and ‘94 Civic EX. it’s a Honda tradition that goes way back, and is just something you live with in Hondas.

seca400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2018 Civic Si
Your opinion of your car is your own, but your kia comment is rediculous. Sell it and buy Korean, you'll have plenty to cry about on those forums.

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
My Focus has never rattled in the year we’ve owned it.

both my 10th gen Civics buzzed and rattled a lot even in the first year, as did my old GSR and ‘94 Civic EX. it’s a Honda tradition that goes way back, and is just something you live with in Hondas.
You can’t put 22-30 year old cars into the equation, lol. 90s era Hondas and Acuras, and many other cars had zero for sound deadening back then. We aren’t comparing apples to apples by throwing those older cars in to the mix

AFreak

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Elite Spec
Where does all the rattling supposedly come from as I have not noticed any yet. Then again I only had mine for a month. I love this car having owned 3x only mid range integras &RSX in my 30yr+ car ownership. My last one the RSX lasted 16yrs but sadly had to go due to multiple fender benders even though only 65K km on the engine….. which I regret till this day. But man this integra in my mind has grown up and I love it so far more than the short term leases on Velar and Evoque. I hope this is another keeper for my last ICE MT fun car.
As for price I wasn’t even really considering this as it seemed horrendously more than a similar civic w extra features I didn’t think I needed. But 2023 Civic hatch MT would force me to get sport touring and dealer wasn’t negotiating and forcing me to accept $2K worth of dealer options. I walked over to Acura out of curiosity and there was still a 2023 integra elite aspec looking all fine and sales was like oh we negotiate on this one and we can discuss dealer options. In the end after renegotiating a month later w a promo in hand I effectively paid $3K more than the civic and that was totally worth it especially as it allowed me to continue my “Integra” ownership streak.
But what I learned in life is appreciate what you have. I have always been able to own my new cars for 8yr+ because every time I made sure I love the car I buy and then I learn to love it even more one it’s mine. Heck not a single car I got the colour I wanted yet I learned to love even that!!
Also I am so glad I didn’t get a civic hatch even though I love that hatch look so much better but it’s everywhere! Integra though looks a lil too similar to some European and Korean sedans I always remind myself those are nice cars to “borrow” but hell to keep and I like to own my stuff and to keep to get most value out of it without having to deal w used cars.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
You can’t put 22-30 year old cars into the equation, lol. 90s era Hondas and Acuras, and many other cars had zero for sound deadening back then. We aren’t comparing apples to apples by throwing those older cars in to the mix
Well my 10th gens were 2017 and 2020, and they buzzed and rattled too. Just seems like a Honda thing.