• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sunshade

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Would like to buy a sunshade for my ITS. Anyone get a suggestion?

I was looking at Weathertech, but don't know about the quality and fitment. Don't have other ideas, so thought about asking here.

Will ideally need to be shipped from Canada to avoid high shipping cost, customs and brokerage fees...

Thanks in advance!

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I have the Acura-branded one from the dealer and the material/product is VERY similar to the covercraft covers I've had in my other cars.

It's stiff and bulky (#thatswhatshesaid) but I feel it offers good protection even in Southern California heat. The only annoying thing is that it's cut pretty exact to the front so it isn't super easy to pop in and out of the windshield. My other ones ran just a little smaller that it wasn't as tricky.

The Acura-branded one ended up being cheaper for me since I asked my local dealer to match online prices. Here's a link to one: https://acura.oempartsonline.com/oem-parts/acura-windshield-sunshade-8r133s5200

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
I have weather tech, fitment and quality are very good. I also like that there’s the option to get the full coverage kit:

IMG_4969.jpeg
IMG_4970.jpeg
IMG_4972.jpeg
IMG_4971.jpeg

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i got the optional OEM one in my trunk. i've never even used it since i park under a car port but i like having it there just in case

AsianEd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra TypeS
I've always bought Covercraft Uvs100 sunshades for my car. They're custom fit to the vehicle and have a great fit. Although I haven't compared them side by side, I wouldn't be surprised if they're the supplier for the Acura one, just with a printed logo.

My only issue is that the Blendmount interferes with it.

OP
OP
Frenzal

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for all the replies.

Tinted windshields are illegal here, so that is a no go for me.

I guess I'll go with Weathertech as it ships from Canada. It is a bit expensive (100$), but probably better in the long run than a "one size fits all" from Walmart or Canadian Tire. I had one of these a while back and ended up never using it because it didn't fit well and took a long time to set up.

The Acura one looks good, but does not seem to be available in Canada. Plus if it is 70$US, it will probably be at least 150$CAD!

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Thanks for all the replies.

Tinted windshields are illegal here, so that is a no go for me.

I guess I'll go with Weathertech as it ships from Canada. It is a bit expensive (100$), but probably better in the long run than a "one size fits all" from Walmart or Canadian Tire. I had one of these a while back and ended up never using it because it didn't fit well and took a long time to set up.

The Acura one looks good, but does not seem to be available in Canada. Plus if it is 70$US, it will probably be at least 150$CAD!
You may also want to take into consideration that the weather tech shade is a roll-up vs the oem and cover craft which I believe fold. Having to roll it up is a minor annoyance, however an annoyance nonetheless.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
I have weather tech, fitment and quality are very good. I also like that there’s the option to get the full coverage kit:

IMG_4969.jpeg
IMG_4970.jpeg
IMG_4972.jpeg
IMG_4971.jpeg
Same here. Also their back seat covers are great if you have a dog riding in back, etc. Perfect fitment and great quality. Pricey though.

vovakovtun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Ive got made to fit UVS100 CoverCraft shade. It does fit perfectly. I think they are the ones that make them for WeatherTech and other car brands. It makes it a little harder to put in if you have anything hanging on the windshield/mirror. I've got a dash cam on the window and radar on the mirror.

After ceramic tinting the windshield I pretty much stopped using it. And I live in Georgia.

OP
OP
Frenzal

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wish we could have tinted windshield and side front windows here. But it is illegal, and I got caught in the past (had to remove the tint on the side front windows - what a PITA and wasted money!)

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Ive got made to fit UVS100 CoverCraft shade. It does fit perfectly. I think they are the ones that make them for WeatherTech and other car brands. It makes it a little harder to put in if you have anything hanging on the windshield/mirror. I've got a dash cam on the window and radar on the mirror.

After ceramic tinting the windshield I pretty much stopped using it. And I live in Georgia.
I have ceramic tint on my windshield and still use it. I think the ceramic offers great UV resistance but the thickness of the acura/covercraft shade goes a long way in keeping th car cool.

I'm in southern california so hot, dry heat over here.