• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
I Installed a mono amp and JL sub. So for wiring. I cut the wire going to the factory sub. I used a speaker wire to rca adapter (see pic). RCAs plugged into amp for signal. My amp accepts speaker level input so no need for a loc. Also no need for a remote wire. The amp gets the on/off signal from the rca input. The rest of the amp install was standard.

20230301_142334.jpg

20230315_190255.jpg

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
First and foremostā€¦RIP backseat headrest.

With that said, howā€™s the sound? Does it sound well balanced with additional bass throughout the whole volume range, or does the bass tend to drop off with higher volume?

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First and foremostā€¦RIP backseat headrest.

With that said, howā€™s the sound? Does it sound well balanced with additional bass throughout the whole volume range, or does the bass tend to drop off with higher volume?
Child seat strap....it is unfortunate for sure.
And I haven't played with it enough to give a good answer. My gain isn't even set up yet. Plus...I dont want to push a new sub hard.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea, I get it. Been there, but luckily not with this car.

Keep us in the loop!!

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea, I get it. Been there, but luckily not with this car.

Keep us in the loop!!
Having more time with this...I can say I'm quite happy with it. I had a friend who's an audiophile have a listen....he put it louder than I've ever had it...into the 30's. The bass hit hard and clean. I'd say it didn't drop off at all.
The amp I have has a bass boost remote dial which is mounted under my dash. I adjust that frequently to get the desired bass to suit the genre I'm listening to. šŸ‘

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I forgot...the weird thing is I'm getting engine sound through my sub after I start driving but completely fades away after 10-20seconds. I'm always in individual mode. It's a minor inconvenience, I just wait before turning the music up.
I will be looking to unplug that silly noise device.

SaveManuals

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Teggy A-Spec MT
Don't see that you mentioned the power source. So how are you powering the amp?

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don't see that you mentioned the power source. So how are you powering the amp?
I ran a 4 guage wire from battery to amp. And a ground to the body in spare tire area

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I'm surprised there aren't more watching this thread with the number of questions I've seen on this forum and the civic Xi forum. Consider this just a bump for interest.

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm surprised there aren't more watching this thread with the number of questions I've seen on this forum and the civic Xi forum. Consider this just a bump for interest.
My thoughts exactly. There's minimal people who've done this. I had so many questions and searched high and low on the civic forum. And other audio groups. So I figured I could post my results and possibly help anyone interested.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think part of the reason is that the Civic sound system is pretty basic. Those owners feel the need to upgrade as opposed to Integra owners that have the ELS system. The ELS reduces the gap to that of a proper aftermarket system. Another reason is that the Civic crowd tends to be younger in general. When I used to have an 03 Civic, I stuffed two 15s in there and ran 3 separate amps. Now, Iā€™m content for the most part, but I might consider adding a small sub to give the system more low end.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I think part of the reason is that the Civic sound system is pretty basic. Those owners feel the need to upgrade as opposed to Integra owners that have the ELS system. The ELS reduces the gap to that of a proper aftermarket system. Another reason is that the Civic crowd tends to be younger in general. When I used to have an 03 Civic, I stuffed two 15s in there and ran 3 separate amps. Now, Iā€™m content for the most part, but I might consider adding a small sub to give the system more low end.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m after. A little extra ā€˜oomphā€™ on that low end and Iā€™m happy.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I forgot...the weird thing is I'm getting engine sound through my sub after I start driving but completely fades away after 10-20seconds. I'm always in individual mode. It's a minor inconvenience, I just wait before turning the music up.
I will be looking to unplug that silly noise device.
Any luck getting the noise out of the system? If so, what was it? Bad ground?

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any luck getting the noise out of the system? If so, what was it? Bad ground?
It was the asc? I don't know why the fake engine sound was coming through after startup. Anyways, I unplugged it today and problem solved. The little box is behind the glove compartment. There's a couple youtube videos on disabling it on the Civic. So I took a chance and the grey box is in the same spot.

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good to know!! Thank you.