• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So much hate for this car! Are you disappointed with your purchase?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
A lot of the hate is people:
1) Wishing they had a coupe option
2) Not understanding that in the US the base Integra has historically been a Civic Si with more features and bit softer ride, which in turn make it just a little slower. They were not ALL GS-R/Type-R level of performance.

I blame people expecting a coupe on Acura's own marketing. They showed almost exclusively coupes from previous gens. But people expecting more performance is just people not being Intune with reality.

EasyPickins

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec Tech
I think a lot of the hostility to this car is the resentment of the Si buyer in that Honda stripped so many features out of the Civic Si to put in the Integra which can only be had with an 8 to 9 Thousand dollar price premium depending on sales tax in your state.
Or if you live in Canada.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 SI
Ehh IMO you are overstating how much hate there is for this car. I'd say it just lacks universal praise. Most of people's issues with the car are valid.

In the end, it is just a tarted up Civic. This is its strength and its weakness.

The interior has nicer materials than the civic, but it is mostly civic on the inside. The L15 is a decent motor, but I don't think the L15 has any business in a premium product*. (Hell, I think it is a questionable motor for an SI).

In the end, I just think the new teggy is in a weird spot. It wouldn't be as bad in a non-covid world where this car would end up getting sold with a few grand of cash on the hood.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Ehh IMO you are overstating how much hate there is for this car. I'd say it just lacks universal praise. Most of people's issues with the car are valid.

In the end, it is just a tarted up Civic. This is its strength and its weakness.

The interior has nicer materials than the civic, but it is mostly civic on the inside. The L15 is a decent motor, but I don't think the L15 has any business in a premium product*. (Hell, I think it is a questionable motor for an SI).

In the end, I just think the new teggy is in a weird spot. It wouldn't be as bad in a non-covid world where this car would end up getting sold with a few grand of cash on the hood.
I mean no hate from auto journalists is true. But reading comments on YouTube and forums people really try to crap on it. Just wondering if people are upset or even feeling buyer's remorse with the car. I've never felt buyer's remorse until I got my wrx and subaru ascent. Wrx was definitely overrated by people and the gearbox was the worst I've ever driven. Felt like I was shifting through a bag a rocks every day.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
I'm excited every time I drive the car. The tech and driver engagement makes long commutes less tiring. There is no innovative German engineering for me to swear over.

I could care less what a random person is saying on the internet. :)

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 SI
I mean no hate from auto journalists is true. But reading comments on YouTube and forums people really try to crap on it. Just wondering if people are upset or even feeling buyer's remorse with the car. I've never felt buyer's remorse until I got my wrx and subaru ascent. Wrx was definitely overrated by people and the gearbox was the worst I've ever driven. Felt like I was shifting through a bag a rocks every day.
I doubt most of them own the car, or will own the car at any point.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
It doesnā€™t seem like actual buyers regret their purchases, especially given the availability, markups, and decontenting of the closely related Civic Si.

but maybe once a Type S is announced thatā€™ll ignite some buyers remorse.
Maybe when msrp is revealed but not with the enevitable ADM that even normally reputable dealers will add to the TS. Well over $50k OTD is my prediction.

Last edited:

nYdGeo

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Civic Si
I believe that no one here comprehends the disappointment with the new Integra and the reasons for it. That is likely because no one here is old enough to have owned much less driven a real one. If they had made a real Integra now, it would basically be an Si with an upscale interior and a few body style changes to reflect the Acura status. It would likely also have a few extra ponies, which I believe the new one does.

If you want a mature Acura, you buy the TLX, the comparable to the Accord. Back in the days of the original Integra, it was the Acura Legend and even that had a more aggressive edge than the Accord. Each Acura has historically had its Honda counterpart and for those that wanted the Si personality with a bit more luxury, that was the Integra. That's not the new Integra. There's nothing actually wrong with that, but many folks were hoping for it and are disappointed by the mature, utterly civilian nature of the new Integra. Perhaps a Type S, done right, will answer some of that and give the Integra crowd something to cheer about.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
im just worried about it being the first rendition of the integra. I have a reservation in for Aspec/tech 6mt, but kind of weary that Acura may refresh it and throw the detuned 2.0T in it and/or make some sort of ā€˜GSRā€™ model.

However, given the market, I think if that does happen Iā€™ll still be able to sell the integra for or very close to MSRP and purchase the refresh.

I could give a damn about all the people whining over it being a four door, itā€™s price point and ā€˜MUH CIVIC GOT GUTTEDā€™.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
I believe that no one here comprehends the disappointment with the new Integra and the reasons for it. That is likely because no one here is old enough to have owned much less driven a real one. If they had made a real Integra now, it would basically be an Si with an upscale interior and a few body style changes to reflect the Acura status. It would likely also have a few extra ponies, which I believe the new one does.

If you want a mature Acura, you buy the TLX, the comparable to the Accord. Back in the days of the original Integra, it was the Acura Legend and even that had a more aggressive edge than the Accord. Each Acura has historically had its Honda counterpart and for those that wanted the Si personality with a bit more luxury, that was the Integra. That's not the new Integra. There's nothing actually wrong with that, but many folks were hoping for it and are disappointed by the mature, utterly civilian nature of the new Integra. Perhaps a Type S, done right, will answer some of that and give the Integra crowd something to cheer about.

The only historical conundrum to me, is that the base model Integras always had the 'bigger' motor over the Civic. The 3rd gen Integras came with the DOHC B18B1, while the civics were left with the SOHC D16Y7/8. Only differentiating when the SI got the B16A2 and GSR got the B18C1.

But it looks like we kind of got that with the Integra getting a better tune and a bump in power comparable to the B18 vs B16.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
im just worried about it being the first rendition of the integra. I have a reservation in for Aspec/tech 6mt, but kind of weary that Acura may refresh it and throw the detuned 2.0T in it and/or make some sort of ā€˜GSRā€™ model.

However, given the market, I think if that does happen Iā€™ll still be able to sell the integra for or very close to MSRP and purchase the refresh.

I could give a damn about all the people whining over it being a four door, itā€™s price point and ā€˜MUH CIVIC GOT GUTTEDā€™.
The only way a 2.0T lands in the Integra in the current gen is in the Type S and the price will increase a lotā€¦ probably 3-4k US.

Agreed that when the time comes it wonā€™t be too hard to get good money for a used Integra. Hopefully ADM doesnā€™t become the norm.

Personally, going from ~33k for the Si here to ~42k for the Integra 6M isnā€™t worth it. I have a 2017 Si and driving experience is my main priority so the 2.0T is what Iā€™m interested in next. CTR vs ITS vs next gen Accord 2.0T is the questionā€¦. hopefully a 6M will be available on the Accord. Screw ā€œYear of the SUVā€, bring on ā€œYear of the Fun Carsā€!

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)

I've never owned an older Integra, but I'm old enough to have friends and colleagues with 1st, 3rd and 4th gen.
I do understand where you're coming from, but the gap between the Civic and the Integra were already becoming narrower even before the initial discontinuation. For example, 7th gen RSX and the RSX shared K24 engine with 160hp unlike their predecessors.
I know that the new Integra has become a very different type of vehicle, but look how much the Civic has changed. Compact cars today are big, comfortable and well equipped so an Integra had to offer more.

All valid points tho. You know exactly how the older Integras were like and your opinions are based on that.
A lot of the "haters" only know the high performance coupes so they complain that the new Integra is too slow with too many doors. Laughable.

Btw, the Legend was a class above the Accord. So it was undoubtfully better at everything.
Back then, Acura didn't use Honda's FWD platform. Well, except for the Integra, which of course was a "Civic Plus" from the very beginning.
I feel like Acura wanted to be more luxury than sporty in the 2000s. That's what led Acura to become rebadged Honda that we know of.
I'm glad they're now slowly walking away from that boring formula.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Ok, Iā€™ve come to realize that the new Integra seats are more pretty than supremely comfortable. Decent, not endgame comfort. I want TLX Type-S seats or MDX Type-S seats now. I might find a way to mod in some memory foam.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Ya today
Ok, Iā€™ve come to realize that the new Integra seats are more pretty than supremely comfortable. Decent, not endgame comfort. I want TLX Type-S seats or MDX Type-S seats now. I might find a way to mod in some memory foam.
Yes after about an 2hr drive my a** was hurting. It's need more padding for sure. The seats hug you well but your have to get the perfect seat adjustment and it's comfortable.

Last edited: