• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ridiculously Low MPG, Whats going on!

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Its been a year folks, been consistently getting around 34 - 33 combined. When driven a bit more aggressive roughly around 30. With real world mpg calculated during fueling 2-3 mpg lower than stated.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
Now that it is cooler in AZ, I do my morning drives without the AC on. With just over 1,000 miles on the car I am getting between 37-40mpg routinely. I also have my mileage set to zero out after each fill on the A Tripmeter. If I get on it a little on the curvy 2 lane roads in my neighborhood I can drop the mileage to 33-35 mpg. I am pleased….oh, and I have the 6MT and love it!

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I'm at 42 for my daily commute. 80% highway about 25 miles round trip.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
I getting around 24-27 on the ITS but I'm just over 700 miles and still babie it for the most part..80+ miles round trip commute

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I getting around 24-27 on the ITS but I'm just over 700 miles and still babie it for the most part..80+ miles round trip commute
Averaging 24-25 out of mine with 3k miles. Mostly in S+

ItsRaaawburt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (TEP)
When you guys are filling up the Type S and the low fuel light is on, how many gallons are you guys putting in?

I know the tank size is about 12 gallons but feel that it isn't filling up to max capacity and after lets says 10 miles of driving I lose a bar of gas. It allows me to put about just under 10 gallons before it clicks letting me know it's full.

I have about 600 miles on mine and 4 fill ups already. Just seems a bit odd to me and wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing something similar.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I suspect there's at least 2.5 gallons in the tank when that light comes on. I also go through gas like crazy. was getting about 6 miles to the gallon at the track and my car's range projection still hasn't reset itself in spite of multiple stops and starts and a full tank fillup. LOL. says my range is 200 miles with a full tank. Most of my driving is around town. On the highway I'm able to get 26 mpg pretty easily.

ItsRaaawburt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (TEP)
I suspect there's at least 2.5 gallons in the tank when that light comes on. I also go through gas like crazy. was getting about 6 miles to the gallon at the track and my car's range projection still hasn't reset itself in spite of multiple stops and starts and a full tank fillup. LOL. says my range is 200 miles with a full tank. Most of my driving is around town. On the highway I'm able to get 26 mpg pretty easily.
That would make sense then. I was coming from a car with a tank capacity of about 15 so this is a huge shift for me.

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Aspec w/Tech CVT
guys, happy to report back that after I reset it and refilled my first tank of gas, I been getting 33's if I baby it in normal mode, with auto idle on and off. For gas I didnt follow manufactures suggestion though I just went with the the cheapest gas, regular it was. lol. Hope it doesnt do anything bad to it!?
I recently got the 24' integra a/spec w/tech and just put unleaded.
Considering we are not the Type S trim, it is perfectly fine. Even if you had a Type S; you can sitll miss out on the performance if you put unleaded ;)

Putting 91+ on our NON-ITS would be a waste of money...

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I heard for the L15 super charged engines they are made very poorly and have been blowing their gaskets prematurely. Some say premium gas helps, some say replacement of the gasket bolts help. No idea. So far still love the car, after over a year of ownership. Still bummed they couldnt give us a bit more hp for this model. The civic literally have 170-180. Si trim has same specs but is a lot lighter. Thinking back still really dont get why they would not make this car a 235hp. Thinking after my warranty expires to just flash it and get a hondata and make it like 20 hp faster :/

Last edited:

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
I never get higher than 21.2mpg…lol

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I never get higher than 21.2mpg…lol
for sure if i step on the gas pedal a bit more aggressive it goes down very quickly. I just pace it out slowly usually. Premium gas also buys a few mpg and helps a bit but not a whole lot.