Sponsored


Refresh in 2027 or 2029? What do we know?

ClangBang

New Member
First Name
Clang
Joined
Jun 1, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
Chicago
Car(s)
2012 Subaru Forrester XT - NO CVT
Hi Guys, I have a 2025 Type S, and am curious if anyone has any intel on when the next refresh is - I expected 2026 but it didnt happen. 2027?

I am also very curious about an end of model run performance version. Like the Integra Type R that happened at the end of the 1990's Integra. I would definitely buy one of those if it happens. Do you guys think that could happen?
Sponsored

 

optronix

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2023
Threads
28
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
2,748
Location
MD
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS, 2025 MX-5
Right now, not much. I think the only thing "on record" direct from Honda execs that isn't fabricated press concepts or forum gossip is that "exterior and interior changes" are expected "this year". Here's about as detailed a breakdown as I've found on the open Internet, dated January:

https://www.jalopnik.com/2075771/honda-civic-type-r-acura-integra-type-s-facelifts/

There's also some gaining momentum that the HRC Civic Type R will enter production, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I've been expecting HRC parts to be made available since the reveal of the HRC Integra 2 years ago and they're still not around- although more details were surfaced I think it was around SEMA last year that they're just white-labeled parts that you can already buy like KW coilovers, Acuity shifter, Borla exhaust, etc.

Hopefully some of these questions finally get resolved in the next couple months.
 

ABPDE5

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2023
Threads
11
Messages
773
Reaction score
626
Location
ME
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Also something to consider: I believe both the Civic Si and 6MT Integra have yet to receive emissions-related approval for the next MY. The Type-S uses a lot of the standard Integra assembly line. Production may be impacted.
 

asone

Member
Joined
May 10, 2018
Threads
1
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Location
IL
Website
www.speccomparepro.com
Car(s)
'26 Integra Type S, '26 Tesla Model Y
Also something to consider: I believe both the Civic Si and 6MT Integra have yet to receive emissions-related approval for the next MY. The Type-S uses a lot of the standard Integra assembly line. Production may be impacted.
I'm wondering about this too. At this point last year, there were many 2026 models and some leftover 2025 models. Actually, I bought my 2026 last year today. :thumbsup: My dealer had 3 2026 and 1 2025 that day.
 

Sponsored

bullitt

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2021
Threads
16
Messages
482
Reaction score
416
Location
PA
Car(s)
Bullitt
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a73962764/2027-honda-civic-type-r-updates-revealed/


So basically they made the 2027 model more like the Type S. Not surprised and it's a compliment to us but watch all the Internet trolls come out of the woodworks to claim how the ITS is now pointless.
With the CTR starting at 50K(really 50.5) and markups being 5-10K, it makes the CTR 55-60K for most people. The ITS starts at 55k and can be had for 50-53. The ITS is now the cheaper option by 2-10K depending on your area. For those few K you can grab some tires and a tune and be faster than a CTR for cheaper. The CTR only having the benefit of racing seats if you want those.
 

VtecBuddy

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Threads
8
Messages
270
Reaction score
157
Location
CA
Car(s)
Subaru
Well once the 2027 Integra Type S comes out, I’m sure msrp will be bumped another 2k. That being said your point about Civics being marked up still stands.
 

Midnight_VTEC

Senior Member
First Name
Marco
Joined
Dec 6, 2022
Threads
4
Messages
125
Reaction score
117
Location
Alberta
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Any thought whether we will see any changes for 2027 considering this news?
 

onepointsix

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
88
Reaction score
83
Location
Toronto
Car(s)
TW FG2 & SGP FL5
There will be for sure, just a matter of what. I'm curious to see what it'll be with the FL5 getting some "premium" updates.
 

optronix

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2023
Threads
28
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
2,748
Location
MD
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS, 2025 MX-5
Any thought whether we will see any changes for 2027 considering this news?
They're already on record saying changes were coming to the Civic AND Integra. Clearly Civic news dropped first but I expect Integra news soon.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a73962764/2027-honda-civic-type-r-updates-revealed/


So basically they made the 2027 model more like the Type S. Not surprised and it's a compliment to us but watch all the Internet trolls come out of the woodworks to claim how the ITS is now pointless.
That's ridiculous, and driven by a disappointingly sensational C&D headline. Literally no one is buying an Integra over a Type R for heated seats alone.

I've said since the beginning, the only actual difference between the two cars come down to subjective tastes. People get what they like more, simple as that (or, like me, get what you can get the most sensible deal on because I like both cars equally). The two cars look (and are perceived) differently enough that heated seats and a suede dash aren't going to tip the scales enough to warrant consideration.

Internet trolls will feed off whatever sensationalism you throw at them, if you're into that sort of stuff then maybe that matters to you and you can have fun in the comments section.

I've already seen the "Acura needs to give the Integra all-wheel drive now". As if it's just that simple lol.

Comments are the worst.
 

Sponsored

optronix

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2023
Threads
28
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
2,748
Location
MD
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS, 2025 MX-5
As for the changes, I'm actually pretty disappointed overall. I mean, they tried. The suede dash is a nice touch. But hand to god I can't see a visible difference with this "facelift". They made some software tuning changes to the suspension that will be interesting to hear impressions on but I was sincerely hoping for one of those "wow" moments when this was revealed that would convince me to jump ship and trade mine in. Sort of like how the Audi RS3 8Y.5 had pretty substantial changes to the exterior, interior, and torque splitting tuning that made a real difference. I'm not getting that vibe so I'll wait for news on the DE5.5 (DE5.2? How does Honda annotate their facelift versions? Zenki/kouki?)


Yes I'm double-posting. Sue me.
 

mopar_man

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2023
Threads
4
Messages
176
Reaction score
174
Location
Western New York
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
The ITS is one of few cars I’ve owned where 2.5 years in I’m not at all interested in another vehicle. It suits my needs that well. I would consider trading mine in for a final year run just to have a brand new ITS with the intent of keeping it a very long time.
 

optronix

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2023
Threads
28
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
2,748
Location
MD
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS, 2025 MX-5
The ITS is one of few cars I’ve owned where 2.5 years in I’m not at all interested in another vehicle. It suits my needs that well. I would consider trading mine in for a final year run just to have a brand new ITS with the intent of keeping it a very long time.
Yep I was thinking along those same lines. I like this one so much that sure, I'll hit reset and get the latest features because it already checks all the other boxes so well.

That said...

I recently bought a new MX-5, and it now obviates my requirement for a manual- or really a second car I'd take to the track. In fact it's getting tricky to decide which car to do car things in, and my DE5 is really starting to get to the point where it's annoying on the road, especially with 200TW tires on it... I may get an RS3 because it's a better fit as a pure daily, and allows me to focus more on one car for track/autocross and more inclined to leave an RS3 close to stock. The trap is if I start modifying the RS3 I'm back in the same situation I am now... I haven't decided yet. Waiting on news for the DE5 refresh before making any sudden moves.
Sponsored

 
 





Top