• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

QuickJack Question

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Definitely thinking about getting a QuickJack during Black Friday sales. Is anyone here using one?

just trying to figure out based on the weight and the wheelbase which one is best- the cheapest one is the 3500SLX (which is also the lightest one) but i know it's kinda cutting it close on the weight The next ones are the 5000TL & TLX which i assume will definitely work.

Also, what exactly do you need with these? i saw on amazon people were saying they had to buy hydraulic fluid and that the included rubber blocks don't work on pinch welds. and what about the 6" frame extenders?

sorry just trying to plan ahead appropriately.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
IMHO, it depends how much work you're doing. Total waste if you only changing one maybe two sets of tires , just get a good jack but if you will be doing lots of wrenching or like me, you become the defacto tire shop for your family (I change tires for 6-8 cars, 2 times a year), it help speeds things up tremendously. Got my 7000TL at Costco on sale, I think $1400CAD total.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
what about the rubber blocks, frame extenders, hydraulic fluid, etc

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
You want to go with the TLX for length.
I know there are a.few members on here that can help on the blocks. You definitely need a set to straddle the pinch weld lifting points.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Hydraulic fluid is nothing special, easily available at your local auto parts store. The air bleeding process is a little intimidating based on the written instructions, but just watch a YouTube video and it's pretty easy if you take your time to do it right. I'd argue that if that's too much to handle, you might not be suited to work on your car in the first place.

Frame extenders, depend what cars you want to work on. I've been able to get away without them on cars where the two jack points are slightly greater that 60 inches apart. Usually I just use the front one as far as I can get it then place the back one as far back as it goes on the pinch weld seam. I lift it up and try to giggle the car and it's always solid. TLX version eliminates this concern completely.

For the pinch weld pucks, you have one of two choices. If you have a router or something to cut with, you can sacrifice one of the block sets that comes with the jacks and make your own or the second option you can buy some already created ones from Amazon (for the love of god don't pay the 90USD to quick jacks for theirs, it's probably $85 of pure profit).

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Get the TLX...mines the standard length and its a lil sketchy...I'll most likley get the extenders
ITS Qujk .jpg

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
right but people were stating that the rubber blocks that come with it dont fit the lifting points on the car
Standard blocks just have these little dimples.
anBn.jpg

Pinch weld blocks have a cut in them.

anBn.jpg

It's not a picture of the ITS and it's a professional lift, but it's probably the easiest picture to demonstrate how the blocks would go around the pinch welds.

bS9UNXlPaC5qcGc.jpg

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
oh gotcha i have those pinch weld blocks that fit on my floor jack. i'm surprised the quickjack doesn't come with those.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
oh gotcha i have those pinch weld blocks that fit on my floor jack. i'm surprised the quickjack doesn't come with those.
QJ strategically excludes them from the lifts, then charge an absurd amount for them as an accessory. I bought two sets of 2 pucks for about $30CAD at Canadian Tire and I stack them on the QuickJack base block. The rubber against rubber combined with the weight of the car means it doesn't budge at all.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
QJ strategically excludes them from the lifts, then charge an absurd amount for them as an accessory. I bought two sets of 2 pucks for about $30CAD at Canadian Tire and I stack them on the QuickJack base block. The rubber against rubber combined with the weight of the car means it doesn't budge at all.
yeah they're 86 fuckin dollars lmao