• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mud flaps question - APB with copper wheels. - What if I want to reverse.

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I have a brand new set here waiting for install. The only thing that is making me hesitant from installing is, what if i don't like them? I know the fronts are easily reversable, however the rears, look like you have to cut into the rear fender, and that clip looks like it really digs into the rear bumper, surely scratching the paint in the process. I have an APB with copper wheels and lowered on eibach pro springs, and 15mm F and 20mm R spacers.

I really like the look of the car as is. I know i've seen them on the carbon metallic with graphite wheels and they look great. The extra black shiny plastic really pulls in with the wheels and looks to just extend the rear valance. Its just sometimes something slightly different such as having the copper wheels can really throw it all off.

Anyway has anyone put them on, decided they don't like them and removed them ? I guess i could install without drilling / cutting see if i like them.. that could be an option.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Yes, just tape them on and have a good look. I have an LCM, so they flow fine with the car. I get what you're saying, blue, copper may not look as good. Body colored would be best in your case.

Kev2Sneezy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MBP Type S
For the fronts a push pin needs to be removed but you can easily install it without removing it and just test fit by only using the 3 other screws. Same thing with the rear only use 3 screws and just ignore the clip. I personally didn’t install the clip. Seems to be just fine with the 3 screws.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
good to know guys. i figured the above... its really seeing the carbon metallic type s's that prompted me to get them (as well as protection from stone chips) but as a general rule i don't like mud flaps, only time i've actually liked them was seeing them on the carbon metallic type s, and said looks really good ! sold !

Fred 930

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Not sure I understand ..... how do the front and rear mud flaps attach to the car?
Do they require drilling / fastening into metal pieces of the car?
Or do they just screw into plastic?
It's an important difference from a rust / corrosion standpoint.

dmd2005

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10 Tundra, 18 Tesla M3P & 21 MYP, 18 FK8, 24 ITS
The screws go into plastic and the rear has a clip on each side that most people don’t use. Have had my flaps on for a 3 months without the rear clips installed and have had no issues with them loosening up.

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
I installed them on my ITS recently. Similar to other people here, I did not use the clips for the rear splashguards. I think they feel very secure without them. I plan to check them whenever I wash the car just to ensure things are still good, but I don’t expect things to change. Without using the clips, the process can easily be reversed if you ever choose to remove them.
IMG_3210.jpeg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I installed them on my ITS recently. Similar to other people here, I did not use the clips for the rear splashguards. I think they feel very secure without them. I plan to check them whenever I wash the car just to ensure things are still good, but I don’t expect things to change. Without using the clips, the process can easily be reversed if you ever choose to remove them.
IMG_3210.jpeg
Good to know. I have them in a box in the garage. I’ve been on the fence about if I will actually install them. 🙄

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
So i installed them last night along with doing a tire rotation. They're not bugging me at all. Maybe on a couple of angles. I hit the car with a good few different angles on the camera, to get a good feel for them, and truth be told, i definitely don't dislike them. Actually now looking at them in these pics, i kinda like them. You probably wouldn't even really notice if you didn't know the car. Like i don't think my GF will turn around and say oh wow you've installed some flaps. At the very least someone with APB and copper can see how the car looks with them on.

EOSR1864.jpg

EOSR1865.jpg
EOSR1909.jpg

EOSR1947.jpg

EOSR1871.jpg

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i too have an APB with copper wheels and the splash guards except mine came from the dealership with them installed per my request. i took my car to get a full PPF wrap which required them to take the splash guards off and they're held on with a couple of screws.

i see you got the illuminated A symbol- nice. i got that too and it looks awesome in the dark.

OP
OP
IntegraSpeed

IntegraSpeed

First Name
Jools
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
i too have an APB with copper wheels and the splash guards except mine came from the dealership with them installed per my request. i took my car to get a full PPF wrap which required them to take the splash guards off and they're held on with a couple of screws.

i see you got the illuminated A symbol- nice. i got that too and it looks awesome in the dark.
No its just blacked out.. Not illuminated. Dealer installed add-on. I didn't mind. Yeah it was something silly like an additional $600, but i like it.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
No its just blacked out.. Not illuminated. Dealer installed add-on. I didn't mind. Yeah it was something silly like an additional $600, but i like it.
oh gotcha. yeah i got the black A symbol in the back and the black Type S badges for the back/sides, and the illuminated A symbol for the front.

oh and i also paid for the carbon fiber mirror covers lol

Sethy

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2o23 Integra A-Tech
The look in that color is great. The kit that comes with it is amazing flair as it is, it looks good either way 🐱👓