• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Factory Copper wheels install question

RMA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GRC
Hi. I ordered a set from the dealer I purchased my car from & was told new TPMS is not needed. The car has 872 miles currently. Thanks.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If they don't actually come with TPMS then you will need to switch the existing TPMS sensors over to those wheels, assuming you are switching the tires anyway that's not a big deal. They are correct when they say "new" is not needed, but you will need them one way or the other.

Reactions: RMA
OP
OP
RMA

RMA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GRC
I did check w a tech there and he pointed out the valve stems are metal so I can re use the existing TPMS for the copper wheel swap. Yes I will be using the 870 mile tires that came new w the car.

sayonara

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
I like the look of the factory wheels but at that cost there are better options. Vossen makes a forged wheel(HF5) which is comparable in price. The factory rims are prone to chipping very easily, I just touched up my front drivers side wheel this morning. I don't think the TPMS will be an issue.
https://vossenwheels.com/galleries/hybrid-forged-series-hf-5-7/

Last edited:
OP
OP
RMA

RMA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GRC
The copper wheels have arrived. I will be selling the factory black wheels in days from now

IMG_0466.jpeg

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i ordered the copper wheels with my build and kept the grey wheels so i can have a pair of wheels with cold weather tires

OP
OP
RMA

RMA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GRC
I can’t wait to have them installed, you did bring up a valid point in keeping the grey wheels for a spare all weather tire set. I might have to move back up to NY in near future to take care of family as they are getting older.

IMG_0481.jpeg

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I can’t wait to have them installed, you did bring up a valid point in keeping the grey wheels for a spare all weather tire set. I might have to move back up to NY in near future to take care of family as they are getting older.

IMG_0481.jpeg
is it just me or are the lug nut wells barely painted at all? i talked to my local dealership on saturday and they said they were having to ship bronze wheels back to acura to get repainted because they've been receiving them with severe under-spray in specific areas, like the 'V' where the spokes join around the center hub

OP
OP
RMA

RMA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GRC
That’s how they look, I didn’t see overspray on the wheel but there is barely any copper spray on the lug areas of the wheels as you can see in the pic. I’m guessing they are all like that.

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I like the look of the factory wheels but at that cost there are better options. Vossen makes a forged wheel(HF5) which is comparable in price. The factory rims are prone to chipping very easily, I just touched up my front drivers side wheel this morning. I don't think the TPMS will be an issue.
https://vossenwheels.com/galleries/hybrid-forged-series-hf-5-7/
Doesn't look like they have them in stock. All I see is an option to request a quote. Have you gotten them quoted already?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If you plan to buy Vossen rims, contact Diego at Vossen directly. He will do a deal for you. Will likely be less than normal retail and he can advise on proper sizing/offset for any car. I've always worked through him via email. Great service... [email protected]

OP
OP
RMA

RMA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GRC
Installed the factory copper wheels on Saturday. Love the look against the white. Breaks it away from the typical white car w dark wheels look you commonly see all over the place. Debating on the factory CF rear trunk deck lid next … I don’t plan to do the mirrors being I’m not a fan of black colored mirrors even though they are CF.

IMG_0670.jpeg